Tommy Smith - Gazumped by Pompey - Thread

2326 posts
Dorset-Knob

Re: The Tommy Smith Transfer Failure Thread

by Dorset-Knob » 26 Aug 2009 15:39

Nearly there, maybe just one or two medicals away from a 100!

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 26 Aug 2009 15:42

It does appear to be slowing down at the minute, perhaps due to lack of any additional information from any party. I know a sure fire way to get this at least a few more pages long. Lets recount this whole sorry saga from the very start in the style of Tommy Smiths diary. I'll go first;

Tommy Smiths Diary 18th July 2009.
Dear Diary,

Great news! Today Brendan confirmed that he wants to take me to Reading with him. How good is that! It's only a short trip down the M4 nd the Royals are bound to be chasing promotion next year. Don't tell anyone but I've known for quite sometime that he wanted me. He mentioned it at the end of last season a few times when I was scrubbing his hairy back in the team bath after all the other lads had gone home. He said; "Tommy IF I ever go back to Reading (snigger) I'm gonna need 'Can do' lads like you in the dressing room! Wontcha join me, Tommy! Ah say you will! You missed a biton my back there, lad"
I thought it was a bit strange at the time because Reading still had a manager, but he would often take phonecalls from a guy with a really squeaky voice, I couldn't quite work out what he was saying but Brendan seemed to really enjoy those conversations and would always end them with "Ah it'll be great to be back home, Nick. See ya then!" but as he's Irish I just presumed he was talking about his summer holidays in the Gap of Dunlow.

Oh this is so exciting!
[/quote]

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 26 Aug 2009 15:44

Ups and Downs It does appear to be slowing down at the minute, perhaps due to lack of any additional information from any party. I know a sure fire way to get this at least a few more pages long. Lets recount this whole sorry saga from the very start in the style of Tommy Smiths diary. I'll go first;

Dear Diary,

Great news! Today Brendan confirmed that he wants to take me to Reading with him. How good is that! It's only a short trip down the M4 nd the Royals are bound to be chasing promotion next year. Don't tell anyone but I've known for quite sometime that he wanted me. He mentioned it at the end of last season a few times when I was scrubbing his hairy back in the team bath after all the other lads had gone home. He said; "Tommy IF I ever go back to Reading (snigger) I'm gonna need 'Can do' lads like you in the dressing room! Wontcha join me, Tommy! Ah say you will! You missed a biton my back there, lad"
I thought it was a bit strange at the time because Reading still had a manager, but he would often take phonecalls from a guy with a really squeaky voice, I couldn't quite work out what he was saying but Brendan seemed to really enjoy those conversations and would always end them with "Ah it'll be great to be back home, Nick. See ya then!" but as he's Irish I just presumed he was talking about his summer holidays in the Gap of Dunlow.

Oh this is so exciting!
[/quote]

Bored at work are we?

Still made me LOL though...

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 26 Aug 2009 15:44

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1769495,00.html

Brenda dont seem to happy. Slight dig at the club here I think.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 26 Aug 2009 15:46

YateleyRoyal
Ups and Downs It does appear to be slowing down at the minute, perhaps due to lack of any additional information from any party. I know a sure fire way to get this at least a few more pages long. Lets recount this whole sorry saga from the very start in the style of Tommy Smiths diary. I'll go first;

Dear Diary,

Oh this is so exciting!

Bored at work are we?

Still made me LOL though...[/quote]

I've finished for the day so I can devote the rest of it to this epically shit thread.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 26 Aug 2009 15:49

premiership_bound http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1769495,00.html

"Support?..........................we will have that, and that will bring us our results. Off the field you need it too."
:shock:

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 26 Aug 2009 15:50

Fantastic, this is getting me through my day at work...what are other Nobbers up to while they post?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Aug 2009 15:54

I was hanging on the end of the phone after being passed around the country looking for a copy of a commission statement. I'm bored with that now though.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 26 Aug 2009 15:56

Royal Lady I was hanging on the end of the phone after being passed around the country looking for a copy of a commission statement. I'm bored with that now though.

Excellent. Is anyone else in Reading town centre at the minute? If we're gonna make the 100 we need something exciting to talk about...

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 26 Aug 2009 15:57

I'm booking hotels in Sweden and talking to my mortgage broker.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 26 Aug 2009 15:57

Tommy Smiths Diary 19th July 2009

I'm a little bit upset, to be honest. Brendan says he wants me and that i'm the best, but he won't pay more than £750,000 for me. This looks even worse because Sheffield have bid £1.8million for me and Mr Russo is trying to bully me into going up there. But I stood my ground and told him that I don't want to go there because it smells funny. He was very cross and was saying all sorts of mean and horrible things about Brendan. He also said that "i would only be going to Reading over his dead body". i don't think he mean't it though because he always says those thinsg to the other boys before he lets them go to another team. I hope this doesn't drag on to long because it's making my tummy go funny.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Aug 2009 15:57

premiership_bound http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1769495,00.html

I can't see any dig at the club in there. Care to elaborate a bit?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Aug 2009 15:58

I'm in Maiders. We had 5 police people outside our office earlier, stopping and searching some ruffian on a push bike - I reckon he had class A drugs on him.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 26 Aug 2009 15:59

Royal Lady I'm in Maiders. We had 5 police people outside our office earlier, stopping and searching some ruffian on a push bike - I reckon he had class A drugs on him.

A drug peddler?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Aug 2009 15:59

LOLz.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 26 Aug 2009 16:01

Read BR's comments and he gets 10 out of 10 for platitudes and football cliche speak! :roll:

Gloria Gooner
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gloria Gooner » 26 Aug 2009 16:01

Dorset-Knob Read BR's comments and he gets 10 out of 10 for platitudes and football cliche speak! :roll:

He doesn't exactly sound over the moon.

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 26 Aug 2009 16:03

Nearly page 100! :mrgreen:

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 26 Aug 2009 16:03

It Is What It Is Nearly page 100! :mrgreen:

It's almost as exciting as Christmas!!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Aug 2009 16:07

What happens when it gets to 100 - do we get a telegram from the Queen? I might eat a sausage on a stick and a vol-au-vent in celebration myself.

2326 posts