Rumour - Federici to Swansea

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

Re: Rumour - Federici to Swansea

by urz13 » 22 Jun 2011 16:13

Wycombe Royal
urz13 Why all this McCarthy > Federici nonsense? I saw every game McCarthy played for us and truly believe Federici is the better keeper.

McCarthy: Played 1266mins, conceded 15, Goal conceded every 84.4mins

Federici: Played 3504mins, conceded 35, Goal conceded every 100.1mins

Federici is the better keeper.

Last Season:

League record with McCarthy in the team is 2.5ppg

Leage record with Federici in the team is 1.44ppg

McCarthy is the better keeper.

Legs was in the team when McCarthy played. Federici has a better goals conceded/minutes ratio than McCarthy. He's a better keeper.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 22 Jun 2011 16:14

Sell, sell, sell. I'm driving to Neath in July, I can pop Federici in the boot. Not stopping for a wee though.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 22 Jun 2011 16:17

urz13
Wycombe Royal
urz13 Why all this McCarthy > Federici nonsense? I saw every game McCarthy played for us and truly believe Federici is the better keeper.

Last Season:

Legs was in the team when McCarthy played. Federici has a better goals conceded/minutes ratio than McCarthy. He's a better keeper.

McCarthy is a talented, young athlete who has the potential to be an England international. Federici is fat and prone to howlers. McCarthy is the better keeper.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 22 Jun 2011 16:19

It's not about who's the better keeper, more about whether or not McCarthy is good enough for us to accept a wedge of cash for letting Feds go. Most seem to think he is and will get better.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 22 Jun 2011 16:22

And most will be proved wrong when we concede 90 next season and get relegated.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 22 Jun 2011 16:30

McCarthy played really well last season and is likely to get even better with more game time.

Federici's done OK for us, but £1.5m and his wages off our books would be a cracking deal bearing in mind the other options we have.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 22 Jun 2011 16:36

urz13 And most will be proved wrong when we concede 90 next season and get relegated.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jun 2011 16:45

Federici much more experienced keeper used to playing at this level. McCarthy young keeper with no experience at this level.

McCarthy has a huge amount of potential and made keeping look easy from what I saw. Federici's positioning can be suspect and he quite often makes keeping look difficult. If we want to keep Andersen and McCarthy we need to start playing them.

There is no downside to selling a keeper who's not a lot better than your back up, whenboth the back up players are likely to get better, if you can get a few quid in and not have to buy a replacement.

It makes it less necessary to have to sell anyone else. We could plough a significant proportion of a Fed transfer fee and wage saving into trying to keep Long. Or Kebe. Or Hunt. Or Mills. Or in strengthening the squad where we actively need to.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jun 2011 16:47

1.5M sounds a bit low to me. I would have thought 2/2.5M would be nearer the mark.

It is a difficult decision because Federici is more experienced and going into the season with very young keepers is a risk, but I tend to agree that McCarthy has the better longer term potential. Andersen also looks like he could be top class.

In the end I very much doubt we can hang on to three talented keepers - all of which want to be number one. I would expect that at least one of the three will be sold.

Presumably Hamer will also move on - or go out on loan. Feel a bit sorry for him as he has done well wherever he has been and has been unlucky not to get much of a chance for us – but my gut feeling is that he is the weakest of the three young keepers and he had a poor game in the second round of the CC against Northampton which won’t have helped him.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 22 Jun 2011 16:48

We're over-blessed in have 3 outstanding keepers. It's only matter of time before one (or even two) want to further their career elsewhere, so I think this woul be a great move for all concerned.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular

by urz13 » 22 Jun 2011 17:00

andrew1957
It is a difficult decision because Federici is more experienced and going into the season with very young keepers is a risk

if we are determined to sell Feds I'd play McCarthy until January, if he does well, sell Feds, if he doesnt, Feds could return. I'd still take Feds any day.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Jun 2011 17:01

urz13
Wycombe Royal

Last Season:

Just highlighting that you can use different stats to suit your view. You don't need to read any more into it than that.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 22 Jun 2011 17:07

Heard this too from decent sources. SELL, SELL, SELL!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jun 2011 17:11

urz13
andrew1957
It is a difficult decision because Federici is more experienced and going into the season with very young keepers is a risk

if we are determined to sell Feds I'd play McCarthy until January, if he does well, sell Feds, if he doesnt, Feds could return. I'd still take Feds any day.

What a ludicrous idea. Lets undermine the transfer value of Federici and piss him off for six months on top!

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 22 Jun 2011 17:30

Svlad Cjelli We're over-blessed in have 3 outstanding keepers. It's only matter of time before one (or even two) want to further their career elsewhere, so I think this woul be a great move for all concerned.

Agreed

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Jun 2011 17:44

Agent Balti Sell, sell, sell. I'm driving to Neath in July, I can pop Federici in the boot. Not stopping for a wee though.

:lol: i'm in bed with balti on this one. two very good keepers knocking on the door if federici goes, this would be great for reading and great for federici. take it and run monkey boy run.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jun 2011 18:06

Ian Royal
urz13
andrew1957

What a ludicrous idea. Lets undermine the transfer value of Federici and piss him off for six months on top!

+1 a very silly idea. What would Fed be worth if PL teams percieved he was just a bench warmer - er..........nothing. We either sell Fed or he is number 1 again next season.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 22 Jun 2011 18:20

Friday's Legacy
Agent Balti Sell, sell, sell. I'm driving to Neath in July, I can pop Federici in the boot. Not stopping for a wee though.

:lol: i'm in bed with balti on this one. two very good keepers knocking on the door if federici goes, this would be great for reading and great for federici. take it and run monkey boy run.

federici is the best keeper we have.

andersen and mccarthy may well have potential, but they are not the finished article. mccarthy had a nightmare against palace and could easily have been sent off for the penalty (which he saved excellently). he nearly oxf*rd up almightily against leeds on more than one occasion, and was very lucky to come away with not only a clean sheet but a man of the match award. the defence generally looked a lot shakier in all the games i saw him play. i have very high hopes for him and think he will be a great keeper, but when those mistakes start going against him, who's to say he has what it takes to keep his head up? i'd much rather enter this season with an experienced keeper who has proven consistently that he is one of the best in this league than take a gamble on a youngster.

federici will be a much bigger loss than most people on this board expect, in my opinion.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 22 Jun 2011 18:32

McCarthy is younger and has performed on a similar, or even better, level to what Federici has done this season or in previous seasons. We could sell Federici and use the funds to strengthen in other areas. If McCarthy isn't up to the job we always have Andersen to come in.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jun 2011 18:38

JimmytheJim
federici is the best keeper we have.

andersen and mccarthy may well have potential, but they are not the finished article. mccarthy had a nightmare against palace and could easily have been sent off for the penalty (which he saved excellently). he nearly oxf*rd up almightily against leeds on more than one occasion, and was very lucky to come away with not only a clean sheet but a man of the match award. the defence generally looked a lot shakier in all the games i saw him play. i have very high hopes for him and think he will be a great keeper, but when those mistakes start going against him, who's to say he has what it takes to keep his head up? i'd much rather enter this season with an experienced keeper who has proven consistently that he is one of the best in this league than take a gamble on a youngster.

federici will be a much bigger loss than most people on this board expect, in my opinion.

You might be right but at the end of the day when do you give a young keeper a chance? McCarthy and Andersen have both done very well at League 1 level but have little and no experience respectively at Championship level. The only way of finding out if they are up to it is to play them.

Having said that in some ways I will be relieved if Fed is still number 1 on 1st Sept as it is the less risky course of action.