McAnuff to QPR again

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: McAnuff to QPR again

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2011 14:41

Royalwaster Both Kebe and McA's failings are that they don't score enough as a result of not staying cool enough when getting close to the goal - the big difference between top players and good players. I think McA could do OK for a relegation type team ... he'd be pretty good in the games against lower level teams and really struggle against decent opposition.

mcanuff oesnt score enough full stop.

could kebe score more from his chances? yes.
but he scores enough for a winger at this level

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 24 Jun 2011 14:48

holsgrove breaks a leg hmmm 2 Million for someone fast approaching 30, think id take that. He has had a decent career at Reading, but im not sure if he's ever been consistent enough - more often than not he will play well in a couple of games but go missing in the next four or five. If HRK can step up then im not sure we will miss Jobi too much, maybe we could nab Routledge? Kebe on the other hand is vital to get signed up.

Agreed, however HRK is out of contract and hasn't yet signed a new contract?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jun 2011 15:14

HRK is away on holiday still

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 24 Jun 2011 15:34

brendywendy
Royalwaster Both Kebe and McA's failings are that they don't score enough as a result of not staying cool enough when getting close to the goal - the big difference between top players and good players. I think McA could do OK for a relegation type team ... he'd be pretty good in the games against lower level teams and really struggle against decent opposition.

mcanuff oesnt score enough full stop.

could kebe score more from his chances? yes.
but he scores enough for a winger at this level

Mc anuff - Attacking midfielder

Total Games - 371

Total Goals - 40

= one goal every 835 minutes :shock: ...for a player that has grandeur of premiership :shock:

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 24 Jun 2011 15:36

Snowball Ah yes but assists are just as important ...... etc etc

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 24 Jun 2011 15:46

1871 Royal
Snowball Ah yes but assists are just as important ...... etc etc

...well ll be prepared to be astounded by his assists making up for a piss-poor scoring record ...and idea where you can view assists ?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 24 Jun 2011 15:51

How do you know that it's not how he's been asked to play that's affected his scoring? I often think Jobi would score more if he was allowed to come into the middle more e.g. his goal at Cardiff.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2011 15:54

tbf he seems to come in from the wing whenever it pleases him anyway

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 24 Jun 2011 15:58

brendywendy tbf he seems to come in from the wing whenever it pleases him anyway

You reckon? :shock: Maybe, not enough.

Also, it would be harder for him to score if he was taking a corner, for instance.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Jun 2011 16:03

thats true- kebe never ever takes corners. in fact i get palpitations if i even see him walk towards the corner flag. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO get away jimmy, what on earth do you think youre doing?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 24 Jun 2011 16:54

I think Kebe and McAnuff should switch flanks, anyway. Neither can cross for shit, yet are both tricky on the ball. Get ‘em cutting inside and weaving into the box rather than running over the byline, dribbling up the stairs, down the tunnel and disappearing up the road and into the centre of town, onto a bus to Heathrow, flying to Vancouver and finally crossing the ball, only to see it hit Brian Adams in the back who is standing a few feet in front drinking a glass of maple syrup.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 24 Jun 2011 17:09

Sarah Star How do you know that it's not how he's been asked to play that's affected his scoring? I often think Jobi would score more if he was allowed to come into the middle more e.g. his goal at Cardiff.

Sarah with due respect ....his impressive goals per minute record is based on the total number of games for the many clubs hes played for and goals he's scored in those games.

I do not believe that the reason he hasnt scored more is because he was asked by all his previous managers, in effect, to strictly obey tactics that prevented him from....

...he's just not a very good goalscorer and for a winger, its a poor return tbh :cry:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Jun 2011 17:12

brendywendy thats true- kebe never ever takes corners. in fact i get palpitations if i even see him walk towards the corner flag. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO get away jimmy, what on earth do you think youre doing?

:lol:

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 24 Jun 2011 17:15

from this site http://www.imscouting.com/players/jobi-mcanuff

even Brian Howard had more assists than Jobi .....

Jobi has 5 assists in 43 apps
Howard had 6 assists in 24apps

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 24 Jun 2011 17:20

Extended-Phenotype I think Kebe and McAnuff should switch flanks, anyway. Neither can cross for shit, yet are both tricky on the ball. Get ‘em cutting inside and weaving into the box rather than running over the byline, dribbling up the stairs, down the tunnel and disappearing up the road and into the centre of town, onto a bus to Heathrow, flying to Vancouver and finally crossing the ball, only to see it hit Brian Adams in the back who is standing a few feet in front drinking a glass of maple syrup.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 0078635597

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 24 Jun 2011 17:26

Extended-Phenotype I think Kebe and McAnuff should switch flanks, anyway. Neither can cross for shit, yet are both tricky on the ball. .

Hallo, planet earth calling.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 24 Jun 2011 17:29

Extended-Phenotype I think Kebe and McAnuff should switch flanks, anyway. Neither can cross for shit.

West Stand Man Hallo, planet earth calling.

But tbf the man is partially correct - although he didn't word it properly... I wouldn't say they can't cross for shit but for example, Little's crosses > Kebe's. For instance you never see Kebe slice a ball in from the byline like Little did against Chelsea (A) to Lita's diving head in 2006/07.

However, that said. It is harsh on Kebe's behalf to tarnish him a shit crosser of a ball. A winger's job is to deliver afterall, no matter how it is delivered, in air or along the carpet - and Jimmy does deliver, along the carpet so to speak. Kebe knows how to put the ball in the opposition's box to be tucked away while the defenders behind him are floored.

For example, I repeat this link:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.ph ... 0078635597

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 24 Jun 2011 20:17

Kebe and jobi switch flanks quite often during games, I'd prefer they did it a bit more mind cause when they do it seems to work wonders on the full backs

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jun 2011 20:53

£2m is good money for Jobi... we paid what, £500k?

But I think he's a fantastic player and would be a big loss. He doesn't threaten as much as Kebe, and he's not as deadly on his day. But he's just all-round a really good player. Far smarter than Kebe and much more complete.

We'd survive, but Jobi is probably the one player I am most desperate for us to keep.

Think Jobi's got it spot on in that article, he's just about good enough for the Prem in every way except goalscoring. He's not outstanding in any one area, just very good, apart from goalscoring where he's realtively poor.

Personally I think he's a far better player than SHunt for example, but he just doesn't do quite enough at any one time to really stand out and get that big transfer.

knobby_1871

by knobby_1871 » 25 Jun 2011 01:46

Ian Royal £2m is good money for Jobi... we paid what, £500k?

But I think he's a fantastic player and would be a big loss. He doesn't threaten as much as Kebe, and he's not as deadly on his day. But he's just all-round a really good player. Far smarter than Kebe and much more complete.

We'd survive, but Jobi is probably the one player I am most desperate for us to keep.

Think Jobi's got it spot on in that article, he's just about good enough for the Prem in every way except goalscoring. He's not outstanding in any one area, just very good, apart from goalscoring where he's realtively poor.

Personally I think he's a far better player than SHunt for example, but he just doesn't do quite enough at any one time to really stand out and get that big transfer.

:roll: have you watched his all round game, forget his fame Cardiff etc, remember at Wembley him strolling back whist Harte got rinsed