SPECULATION - Romelu Lukaku

LanercostRoyal

Re: SPECULATION - Romelu Lukaku

by LanercostRoyal » 14 Jun 2012 10:39

He did win the CFC fifa competition! Must be a good all rounder!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Romelu Lukaku

by SCIAG » 14 Jun 2012 19:58

tomrfcurz Wages should not be a problem in theory as i have been told and would have assumed anyway that he is not in the upper echelons of Chelsea's pay structure.

Only the very lowest players at Chelsea, those who don't really have a future at the club but might fetch a six figure fee from the Football League, would fit with our current pay structure. Nathaniel Chalobah is on £15,000 a week and Lucas Piazon is on £20,000 a week, for example. I imagine Lukaku is on around £40,000 a week given his high transfer fee compared to Piazon and the wages he probably received at Anderlecht. We'd theoretically need to find about £2m to take him on loan for a year, though I imagine Chelsea would be happen to subsidise a sizable proportion of that.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 14 Jun 2012 20:10

SCIAG
tomrfcurz Wages should not be a problem in theory as i have been told and would have assumed anyway that he is not in the upper echelons of Chelsea's pay structure.

Only the very lowest players at Chelsea, those who don't really have a future at the club but might fetch a six figure fee from the Football League, would fit with our current pay structure. Nathaniel Chalobah is on £15,000 a week and Lucas Piazon is on £20,000 a week, for example. I imagine Lukaku is on around £40,000 a week given his high transfer fee compared to Piazon and the wages he probably received at Anderlecht. We'd theoretically need to find about £2m to take him on loan for a year, though I imagine Chelsea would be happen to subsidise a sizable proportion of that.

...that's as long as Boris and Roman see eye to eye of course 8)

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Jun 2012 20:37

SCIAG

We matched Swansea's terms for Sigurdsson (35k a week). For the right player we are more than prepared to pay out a sizeable wage. We will obviously want to keep the wages down as much as possible, but this is a very different football club now, and if we can convince players to come here, we will raise a few eyebrows. The problem is just that though! Enquiries about the Cole's and Defoe's are very genuine, as is our bid for Gylfi Sigurdsson; but convincing these people to come to a newly promoted club is very unlikely. Nevertheless, if they were prepared to come, we would cough up.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Jun 2012 21:33

How do we know your genuine?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 14 Jun 2012 21:39

^what he said

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Jun 2012 21:42

LoyalRoyalFan How do we know your genuine?

I don't ask you to trust what I say, but what do I get out of passing on false information? I'm an overweight, balding mid-thirty something; not a spotty 16 year-old craving the attention of others. I only pass on what I get told from far more reliable people than myself.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 14 Jun 2012 21:49

Friday's Legacy

I don't ask you to trust what I say, but what do I get out of passing on false information? I'm an overweight, balding mid-thirty something; not a spotty 16 year-old craving the attention of others. I only pass on what I get told from far more reliable people than myself.

List some of the 'rumours' you have got right.

thirtyyarder

by thirtyyarder » 14 Jun 2012 21:51

Friday's Legacy I'm an overweight, balding mid-thirty something

You sound nice, what are you wearing?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 14 Jun 2012 21:54

Friday's Legacy I only pass on what I get told from far more reliable people than myself.

A Cretan sails to Greece and says to some Greek men who are standing upon the shore: "All Cretans are liars." Did he speak the truth, or did he lie?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Jun 2012 21:59

LoyalRoyalFan
Friday's Legacy

List some of the 'rumours' you have got right.

When the expected deadline for the TSI deal to go through had passed, everyone was crying out for an update from the club. Nothing was forthcoming and people were starting to fear the worst. I was told 4-5 days in advance that the club were preparing an announcement, and when it came a few days later, I had quoted almost word for word what the club released. In fact I got a few scoops on TSI, so much so that Jonny Fordham got some grief about it and blocked a number of followers on Twitter, including myself, bizzarly.

I also knew some ten days before it went to press that the Daily Mail were building a story on TSI, and that they had been speaking to Chris Samuelson. It's all in the TSI thread if you really feel the need to find it.

As I said, I only pass on what I hear from friends far better placed than myself. I don't claim to be in the know, and more to the point I get nothing out of winding anyone up. There is a small minority on here and a few on Twitter that I have got to know quite well, and they have been able to corroborate some of what I hear, and vice versa, thus building mutual trust. No disrespect to yourself, but I would be more concerned if I lost their trust than some of those on here.

royalsmudge

by royalsmudge » 15 Jun 2012 10:02

Out of interest, are you Jo's older brother?

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 15 Jun 2012 10:43

FL has more than proved himself. He admins a forum that has a certified football agent blogging on it and former players. I think it's fair to say he has sources.

Have you signed up to RR yet, FL?

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 15 Jun 2012 10:48

Friday's Legacy
When the expected deadline for the TSI deal to go through had passed, everyone was crying out for an update from the club. Nothing was forthcoming and people were starting to fear the worst. I was told 4-5 days in advance that the club were preparing an announcement, and when it came a few days later, I had quoted almost word for word what the club released. In fact I got a few scoops on TSI, so much so that Jonny Fordham got some grief about it and blocked a number of followers on Twitter, including myself, bizzarly.

I also knew some ten days before it went to press that the Daily Mail were building a story on TSI, and that they had been speaking to Chris Samuelson. It's all in the TSI thread if you really feel the need to find it.

As I said, I only pass on what I hear from friends far better placed than myself. I don't claim to be in the know, and more to the point I get nothing out of winding anyone up. There is a small minority on here and a few on Twitter that I have got to know quite well, and they have been able to corroborate some of what I hear, and vice versa, thus building mutual trust. No disrespect to yourself, but I would be more concerned if I lost their trust than some of those on here.

FL, honestly mate. Most people on here know you're the real deal so don't worry about having to justify yourself to these people. If anything, it's only your updates that I actually take seriously.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 15 Jun 2012 11:33

Friday's Legacy
SCIAG

We matched Swansea's terms for Sigurdsson (35k a week). For the right player we are more than prepared to pay out a sizeable wage. We will obviously want to keep the wages down as much as possible, but this is a very different football club now, and if we can convince players to come here, we will raise a few eyebrows. The problem is just that though! Enquiries about the Cole's and Defoe's are very genuine, as is our bid for Gylfi Sigurdsson; but convincing these people to come to a newly promoted club is very unlikely. Nevertheless, if they were prepared to come, we would cough up.

Who the hell is this guy? An 18 year old who hasnt played a first team game? The world's gone mad.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 02 Aug 2012 11:20

SSN reporting he has demanded he play or go out on loan to another club in the PL.

I would say we need another striker and it has been talked about on here. The boy lives in London and we're five minutes up the road so it would make sense for him to come to us or a club in London as it would hardly unsettle him.

If he comes to us he will be guaranteed game time and yes he is of a similar build and height to Pog but from what I've seen their playing styles are different in terms of Pog is probably more of a hold up player. Lukaku is more of a player who's game revolves around pace. He would be a very worthwhile signing for us imo.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Aug 2012 11:22

Reckon he'll go to Fulham. Would love to see him here though.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 02 Aug 2012 11:41

I'm convinced Lukaku is the real deal, he has lost an important year at Chelsea since he moved from Anderlecht. He's got goals in the Champions League, and a great record for Anderlecht where he was their top scorer at 17.

Would be a fantastic signing.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Aug 2012 12:15

he would be a great signing on loan to fill in as striker, he looks like he would be a real threat if plays regularly

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 02 Aug 2012 14:01

would be fantastic if we could get him. he would be one of my preferred strikers. young, hungry, strong, pacy, he looks like a reading signing.