RUMOUR - Danny Simpson

193 posts
pea
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Danny Simpson

by pea » 04 Jul 2012 12:38

Dare to Dr£am :lol: :lol: @ Fordham being reliable. Most of his stuff never happens because it comes from here!

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 04 Jul 2012 13:41

Dare to Dr£am
Alf Hooker According to the only proven ITK'er interest in Danny Simpson

https://twitter.com/JonnyFordham/status ... 7798444032

:lol: :lol: @ Fordham being reliable. Most of his stuff never happens and comes from here!

Your JF obsession is getting a bit old now m8.

Dare to Dr£am Even Fordham had no idea, as usual

Dare to Dr£am I expect better from Jonny Fordham. It's a non story

Dare to Dr£am It's quite amusing seeing people suddenly take what Jonny Fordham prints as gospal though.

Dare to Dr£am It's all Jonny's own work from his non-sources.

Dare to Dr£am gazza, loyal royal > Fridays Legacy > Everyone Else > Jonny Fordham

All from the last week :|

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 04 Jul 2012 13:53

good player... some of his covering for them was excellent last year and would add pace to our back four.. go get..

Hatty9

by Hatty9 » 04 Jul 2012 15:54

If its a right back choice between him and luke young im all for getting Simpson

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 04 Jul 2012 16:14

Cummings > Simpson > Connolly > Young

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 04 Jul 2012 16:15

would be another stunning signing! 25 years old almost 100 games in the prem. played almost every game the last 2 seasons for newcastle. sign him up!

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 04 Jul 2012 16:20

Simon's Church
Dare to Dr£am
Alf Hooker According to the only proven ITK'er interest in Danny Simpson

https://twitter.com/JonnyFordham/status ... 7798444032

:lol: :lol: @ Fordham being reliable. Most of his stuff never happens and comes from here!

Your JF obsession is getting a bit old now m8.

Dare to Dr£am Even Fordham had no idea, as usual

Dare to Dr£am I expect better from Jonny Fordham. It's a non story

Dare to Dr£am It's quite amusing seeing people suddenly take what Jonny Fordham prints as gospal though.

Dare to Dr£am It's all Jonny's own work from his non-sources.

Dare to Dr£am gazza, loyal royal > Fridays Legacy > Everyone Else > Jonny Fordham

All from the last week :|

Your Dare to Dr£am obsession is a bit old m9

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 04 Jul 2012 16:25

rattled

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Jul 2012 16:33

Rattl£d more like

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 04 Jul 2012 16:39

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 04 Jul 2012 16:45

Barry the bird boggler Cummings > Simpson > Connolly > Young

i think you're obviously taking the piss here, but just incase you're not......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jul 2012 19:00

Spoke to a Geordie mate, who thinks he's a decent player and would be a good signing for us, but that Newcastle need better than him really. Didn't seem overly fussed about losing him.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 05 Jul 2012 09:52

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... up-Simpson

Danny Guthrie is prepared to give former Newcastle team-mate Danny Simpson a glowing recommendation if Brian McDermott decides to swoop for him at Reading.

Guthrie recently joined the Royals on a free transfer after his contract at St James' Park expired, penning a three-year deal with the Premier League new-boys.

Ex-colleague Simpson has also been linked with a move to the Madejski Stadium after talks over a new contract on Tyneside broke down.

The right-back has a year remaining on his current deal but could be sold on by the Toon this summer.

Should Reading decide to make a move for Simpson, Guthrie insists he would happily recommend the 25-year-old.

He told The Sun: "If I was asked for my thoughts I'd tell him how good Danny is and how he always gives his best for the team."

Seeing as he has only a year left on his contract, if we were to make a bid what would we be prepared to offer? £1m? £2m? 3m?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Jul 2012 10:01

I think £2m would get him but hope if we do go for him offer less than that!

At his age, would be a great signing given he has played plenty of games already in the Prem

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 05 Jul 2012 10:25

Would obviously be another excellent signing. Here's hoping.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 05 Jul 2012 12:38

In the gossip column today I believe it was in The Mirror linking us with a move.

Realistically think it could happen as we would provide him with a very good platform for PL games and its not as if we'd struggle to match his wages now. However I also recently read an article linking him with Chelsea too as a replacement for Bosingwa.

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 05 Jul 2012 12:42

bracksroyal10 In the gossip column today I believe it was in The Mirror linking us with a move.

Realistically think it could happen as we would provide him with a very good platform for PL games and its not as if we'd struggle to match his wages now. However I also recently read an article linking him with Chelsea too as a replacement for Bosingwa.

:shock:

Aren't Newcastle in the process of trying to upgrade him?! Can't see him going there.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Jul 2012 13:12

USA_Loyal_Royal would be another stunning signing! 25 years old almost 100 games in the prem. played almost every game the last 2 seasons for newcastle. sign him up!

A big :?: over what his motivations might be for such a move though.

On the face of it, money would seem to be the prime thing. As my Geordie supporting colleague rightly questioned - 'No disrespect to Reading but what footballing reasons would make him decide to come to Reading rather than stay at Newcastle?' I have to agree that Newcastle are a far bigger club, huge following and crowds, great last season, change to play in Europe etc.

Maybe he just doesn't like Parjudas, in which case I fully understand his reasons for moving! :wink:

NB In Contrast to IR's Geordie supporting friend, mine would be really sorry to see Simpson leave.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 05 Jul 2012 13:27

Danny Guthrie has just tweeted - "I would also love to see @dannysimpson join me at reading fc #signhim"

Alf Hooker

by Alf Hooker » 05 Jul 2012 13:28

RoyalBlue A big :?: over what his motivations might be for such a move though.

On the face of it, money would seem to be the prime thing. As my Geordie supporting colleague rightly questioned - 'No disrespect to Reading but what footballing reasons would make him decide to come to Reading rather than stay at Newcastle?' I have to agree that Newcastle are a far bigger club, huge following and crowds, great last season, change to play in Europe etc.

Maybe he just doesn't like Parjudas, in which case I fully understand his reasons for moving! :wink:

If he did come here i'd personally give him the benefit of doubt in that Newcastle are very much in the market for the french RB Debuchy, it seems plausible to me he knows a prolonged stint on the bench is just on the horizon and wants to maximise his 1st team opportunities.

Not saying money isnt part of it as he's reportedly on way less that the other 1st teamers but i would guess if he was just about the money he could have accepted the improved contract they offered him in May and just sit on easy street picking up the cheque with minimal effort.

Guthrie didnt want that so nothing to say Simpson's motivation, aims are not the same in wanting to be at a club with a decent manager where he'll be respected more by the heiracy having better 1st team opportunities moving forward.

193 posts