McDermott targets loan deals

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

Re: McDermott targets loan deals

by urz13 » 07 Dec 2012 10:24

I'd rather sign a few players who've experienced the relegation fight before and survived it than some youngsters from the manchester clubs. Also, in an interview with JF (up on getreading now) McD was praising Sidwell a lot....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Dec 2012 10:25

paddy20 Its worrying that BM keeps saying his players have proved they can do it in the past. No Brian they have proved they can do it in a far less superior division. They have proved they are well short in this division. If all he can get is possibly a couple of loanees then why did we bother getting promoted. Is the problem Brian being too loyal or is there no money?

just trying to get the most out of his players till jan.

can hardly say all our players are shit, as soon as january comes im straight into teh market to buy a whole new team, can he?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Dec 2012 10:28

urz13 I'd rather sign a few players who've experienced the relegation fight before and survived it than some youngsters from the manchester clubs. Also, in an interview with JF (up on getreading now) McD was praising Sidwell a lot....

I'd wank myself dry if we got Sidwell back.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 07 Dec 2012 10:46

melonhead can hardly say all our players are shit,

He doesn't need to - the League table and the Opta stats speak for themselves.

(Not to mention the opinion of the fans and pundits that have seen us 'perform' this season).

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 07 Dec 2012 10:50

Perhaps if he'd spend a bit more wisely in the summer Anton would trust him with some funds.

We had our chance and bought in dross.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Dec 2012 11:42

Got naff all chance of getting anyone experienced and decent permanently in January. Loans will be the only option.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2012 12:47

Gordons Cumming All this critisism of Federici is a little unfair i think.

Look at the stats of shots on target against our team and it's far above last season so more opportunity for mistakes. Any keeper would struggle in a team like ours...................probably. :shock:

Any keeper would conceed goals. Not every keeper would dive over the ball, push shots straight at attackers in the middle of the area and repeatedly get beaten at his near post.

He's been better since he came back, but still not really good enough. Then again, keeper is not a position we'll bring someone in January.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 07 Dec 2012 13:02

Jamie Carragher?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Dec 2012 13:25

gazzer, loyal royal Jamie Carragher?

Doesn't he make Alex Pearce look like Usain Bolt?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Dec 2012 13:32

Straight swap, Pearce for Carragher?

Esteban

by Esteban » 07 Dec 2012 13:40

BraisingsteakRoyal
melonhead can hardly say all our players are shit,

He doesn't need to - the League table and the Opta stats speak for themselves.

(Not to mention the opinion of the fans and pundits that have seen us 'perform' this season).

You've missed the point completely. He's not just a football manager, he's a man manager as well and he's got to get the best he can out of the squad. That's not going to happen, if he comes out in the national press and says "Just look at where we are in the table. Clearly we're rubbish and the sooner January comes around the better, so I can get shot of this shower of shite." Even if he were thinking that, he would never come out and say it, or anything like it.

specialjon

by specialjon » 07 Dec 2012 13:59

As dull as it sounds but my guess is jenas, upson and shotton. Dull but realistic. Obviously I'd like better players but I'm being a realist.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 07 Dec 2012 14:28

specialjon As dull as it sounds but my guess is jenas, upson and shotton. Dull but realistic. Obviously I'd like better players but I'm being a realist.

tbf Jenas if he can keep himself fit will be an asset for us. Our current string of cms hardly have what you would call an eye for a pass or even an eye for goal for that matter. Ledge scores but its nowhere near as consistent as what it used to be with Sidwell/Gylfi.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Dec 2012 14:50

McDermott admits January is a difficult time to purchase players, but he has targeted a couple of loan deals that will help the Royals in their battle against relegation.

"We need players who have played at this level and know the league," he said. "If we can get one or two players who know the league off by heart it's good because they can hit the ground running.

"We have two or three targets and if the budget's there, it's there and we have to wait. I'm involved in that decision-making process, but it comes down to finances.

"There could be a loan, but I only like to sign loan players that we might actually buy permanently.

doesnt actualy say much about loans, and certainly not that hes lined two up

what he actually says is there are two or three targets theyre after, and if they fit within the budget when its agreed, theyll try and get it done.
there is also the possibility of a loan, but only if theres a chance of a permenant switch at the end of it

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 07 Dec 2012 15:48

BraisingsteakRoyal We don't need cover for Shorey - we've got Harte and Cummings can be left back if need be. It might even be McAnuffs undiscovered best position.

We might sell players too, HTH

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 07 Dec 2012 16:34

bracksroyal10
specialjon As dull as it sounds but my guess is jenas, upson and shotton. Dull but realistic. Obviously I'd like better players but I'm being a realist.

tbf Jenas if he can keep himself fit will be an asset for us. Our current string of cms hardly have what you would call an eye for a pass or even an eye for goal for that matter. Ledge scores but its nowhere near as consistent as what it used to be with Sidwell/Gylfi.

To be fair Jenas cannot tackle and for a centre midfielder that could be an issue.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 07 Dec 2012 16:39

You my m8 speak absolute and utter sense.

Add one more and ship a few out and at the very least, we would destroy the Champ next season.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 07 Dec 2012 17:22

Any chance of Huddlestone on loan?

_royal

by _royal » 07 Dec 2012 18:40

no.

specialjon

by specialjon » 07 Dec 2012 19:46

Lacoste You my m8 speak absolute and utter sense.

Add one more and ship a few out and at the very least, we would destroy the Champ next season.

Your sarcasm confuses me. Not sure what you're saying. I'm guessing who B McD is going to bring in not who I'd bring in. Who do you think he'll bring in?

peterroyal76 To be fair Jenas cannot tackle and for a centre midfielder that could be an issue.

Didn't stop Harper being part of a top quality partnership with Sidwell. Legs and Tabb can't pass to save their lives. If we got Jenas in maybe one could tackle and the Jenas could pass it :wink: