Udo Nwoko, SSN state he will be signing

293 posts
Daniella

by Daniella » 28 Dec 2007 13:03

Difference is he wasn't good enough for the SPL. 1 goal in 29 games is laughable, absolutely shocking. He was so bad hibs got rid and they are oxf*rd.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 28 Dec 2007 13:04

Just a rumour from the good old Mirror.

If this is true then be interesting to see what the player is like.

No one really had much to say when Kalifa Cisse was signed for 620,000? from the same league.

I can't see us signing another striker/attacking midfielder or whatever he is though to be honest.

I still feel Coppell may acquire maybe one decent player this window but will will hold out till the summer to really strengthen in weak areas IMO

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 28 Dec 2007 13:15

Daniella Difference is he wasn't good enough for the SPL. 1 goal in 29 games is laughable, absolutely shocking. He was so bad hibs got rid and they are oxf*rd.

It's a different Hibs who sold him (the Maltese Hibs as opposed to the Scottish ones) however he still failed to get a contract at Falkirk after having a trial there in 2006.

As I said before this is so obscure it may well be true, however given the fact that most of our Premiership signings have been unproven, and most have remained so, I'd rather we started going after some proven Premiership players.

rfc_1871

by rfc_1871 » 28 Dec 2007 13:21

You may want to give this a watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkutSfteM4w

Looks very quick and comfortable running with the ball at his feet.

However, in Coppell's interview on Reading World this morning, he refers to having denied a recent rumour, with the player in question already playing for two clubs this season. Nwoko has already played for Marsaxlokk and Leixoes this season, so wouldn't be able to play for us if he did move in January.

There may be truth in our interest though, as I seem to recall Wally Downes going to watch Malta earlier this season and denying that it was to watch Mifsud.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 28 Dec 2007 13:29

rfc_1871 You may want to give this a watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkutSfteM4w

Looks very quick and comfortable running with the ball at his feet.

However, in Coppell's interview on Reading World this morning, he refers to having denied a recent rumour, with the player in question already playing for two clubs this season. Nwoko has already played for Marsaxlokk and Leixoes this season, so wouldn't be able to play for us if he did move in January.

There may be truth in our interest though, as I seem to recall Wally Downes going to watch Malta earlier this season and denying that it was to watch Mifsud.

He was talking about Gary O'Neil

1871royals

by 1871royals » 28 Dec 2007 13:30

I thought Coppell was talking about Gary O Neil when he was talking about the player who has played for 2 clubs.

Anyway I still dont think we will sign, IMO the signing is unlikely not because of him being unproven but beacuse we already have strength in depth in his position.

rfc_1871

by rfc_1871 » 28 Dec 2007 13:40

1871royals I thought Coppell was talking about Gary O Neil when he was talking about the player who has played for 2 clubs.

Anyway I still dont think we will sign, IMO the signing is unlikely not because of him being unproven but beacuse we already have strength in depth in his position.

You're probably right, I was only suggesting it may have been Nwoko.

Although The Mirror article refers to him as a striker, the youtube clip shows him breaking from midfield a lot, so may be more of an attacking midfielder rather than an out and out striker.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 28 Dec 2007 13:42

rfc_1871
1871royals I thought Coppell was talking about Gary O Neil when he was talking about the player who has played for 2 clubs.

Although The Mirror article refers to him as a striker, the youtube clip shows him breaking from midfield a lot, so may be more of an attacking midfielder rather than an out and out striker.

We are is desperate need for a quality holding midfielder tho, not attacking.

Holding Midfielder & Right Winger should be top of the agenda.

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 28 Dec 2007 13:45

rfc_1871

I was thinking the same when watching the clip, in particular the bits where he is playing against Greece, he seemed to be playing on the right, putting the ball into the channels for the strikers to run out wide, then pushing on into the gap left by the striker. Having seen that he could well be signed to play right midfield as opposed to CM or CF.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 28 Dec 2007 13:49

West Stand Flash
rfc_1871

How many holding mids do we need??

We've not got one attacking mid in the whole squad. Sidwell was the only box to box player we had and Coppell's replaced him with Bryn, a holding mid.

We need a Sean Davies type player.

As I said all summer long, we should have signed O'Neill instead of watching him sign for a club it now seems he never wanted to go.

But the RTG's were blinding people.....

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 28 Dec 2007 15:16

Uder Whatnow? I need another festive drink.
Hope we aren't scraping the barrel this early in the transfer market.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 28 Dec 2007 15:46

Does anyone seriously think we'll sign anyone in January of any note at all?

If we're lucky we might get a player who can play on the right side but even for that I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, and Shorey, Lita and Hunt will go nowhere.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 28 Dec 2007 15:54

Sir Dodger Royal In five seasons he has scored less than 2 goals per season.

Wow this is so amazing SDR can't contain himselffffffffffffff
"Irish plodders"?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 28 Dec 2007 16:04

Ah, the transfer window! What an unparalleled pleasure it is. You guys are a oxf*rd laugh a minute during this festive season. We may pick up a player you've never heard of for a million and it's all "no ambition!" all the time. It's December 28th and you've already written your February 1st scathing obituaries. Dodger, you are a sad excuse for an old joke. You can't even remember your own punchline.

Next August, when I'm getting ready to support my Premiership team in their third season in the top flight, the same clowns will be out with the same pathetic bleating. Get a life, or better still, go find a team with a dodgy foreign billionaire for an owner.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2007 16:08

West Stand Flash
rfc_1871

Disagree, we're crying out for an attacking midfielder. Fae & Cisse both seem to be more defensive, maybe with box to box quailities too. We all know Harper sees himself as defensive. Gunnar is a defensive box to box player.

We have no actual attacking central midfielders.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 28 Dec 2007 16:36

Hope not. We need players who are "Prem ready".

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 28 Dec 2007 16:51

The Goat was fed
Coppelled Streets This is the sort of big signing we were always going to see with this warchest of ours.

I can't contain myself.

:roll:

Hunt - not good enough for Brentford.
Doyle - Cork City on a par with Maltese sides I'd venture.
Long - See above only not as well rated as Doyle.

I personally prefer these sort of rumours with Coppell's track record.

A PREMIERSHIP side wouldn't make those signings, a Championship would, and did and it paid off.
You can't do as much of that at this level and get away with it.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 28 Dec 2007 18:13

Arch Ah, the transfer window! What an unparalleled pleasure it is. You guys are a oxf*rd laugh a minute during this festive season. We may pick up a player you've never heard of for a million and it's all "no ambition!" all the time. It's December 28th and you've already written your February 1st scathing obituaries. Dodger, you are a sad excuse for an old joke. You can't even remember your own punchline.

Next August, when I'm getting ready to support my Premiership team in their third season in the top flight, the same clowns will be out with the same pathetic bleating. Get a life, or better still, go find a team with a dodgy foreign billionaire for an owner.

Spot on. Nothing surprises me anymore, people will whinge no matter what the situation. There are only two things in life that are certain - you will die, and you will spend the vast majority of your time surrounded by stultifyingly ignorant morons who, for absolutely no good reason, will place enormous importance on their own ill-informed and irrational opinions.

Yes, we could have done things differently. Perhaps we should have signed Gary O'Neill. But oxf*rd it. We're midtable. This management team has worked wonders. The squad is starting to reproduce the kind of football we have grown accustomed to seeing over the past two and a half years. But 'supporters' can't find enough things to complain about, still. I'm not wearing RTGs. I'm just a fan.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 28 Dec 2007 18:27

JimmytheJim There are only two things in life that are certain - you will die, and you will spend the vast majority of your time surrounded by stultifyingly ignorant morons
That genuinely made me laugh out loud. I hope you don't mind if I use that (unacknowledged of course)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2007 19:30

Arch Ah, the transfer window! What an unparalleled pleasure it is. You guys are a oxf*rd laugh a minute during this festive season. We may pick up a player you've never heard of for a million and it's all "no ambition!" all the time. It's December 28th and you've already written your February 1st scathing obituaries. Dodger, you are a sad excuse for an old joke. You can't even remember your own punchline.

sadly they will be right one day. And when they are they'll become all the more unbearable as if they were some sort of visionary all along.

Keep predicting someone will take a shit long enough and sooner or later you'll be right.

293 posts