Who is the mystery LB

535 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Who is the mystery LB

by TBM » 04 Aug 2008 10:24

SpaceCruiser
royalrumble Who have Brentford got at LB as it's probably him.

TWAT

Never heard of him - he any good?

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 04 Aug 2008 10:28

TBM
SpaceCruiser
royalrumble Who have Brentford got at LB as it's probably him.

TWAT

Never heard of him - he any good?

His younger brother TWIT is also linked with a move to the Berkshire Club...

:roll:

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 04 Aug 2008 11:57

Zammo
Focher i reckon its Damon Tennant.

He used to play a good game down the bottom park in Twyford and im sure can take this to the slightly bigger stage.

Lack of left foot, I reckon. His right wasn't too clever either. Michael 'Biff' Smith, Simon Schafer or Julian Sunley can fill the void.

lol to be fair. We used to play in the bottom park with the monkey bars being the 'goal'

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 04 Aug 2008 12:20

i think we should force nigel winterburn back from retirement and play him :wink:

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 04 Aug 2008 12:22

Would prefer Dennis Irwin. :wink:

madmickb

by madmickb » 04 Aug 2008 12:32

Leighton Baines would be a good buy he is not wanted by Everton

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 04 Aug 2008 12:39

Confirmed - Matt Robinson - quote " I lost my left back berth to Shorey and after many years of patience and plying my trade elsewhere, Im glad Im back to clain the role that is rightly mine2 - rumours are that Reading will pay Salisbury City the majority of the fee they received for Dave Kitson plus add-ons

Chairman John Madejski said - " I am absolutely delighted that Matt has decided to join us - I hope that this shows to our fans our ambition to get back to the Premier League"

Steve Coppell said " I am happy with my squad"

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 04 Aug 2008 12:40

madmickb Leighton Baines would be a good buy he is not wanted by Everton

Not a chance he will step down to the Championship. I would also bet a lot of money that the thought 'Leighton Baines' hasn't entered Coppell's head.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 04 Aug 2008 13:41

Oh dear...

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 14,00.html

Steve Coppell said... "We'll wait and see what happens. He's unsettled, we don't know what's going on and can't spend any money in case it's wasted and he stays".

"The alternative now is for Stephen Hunt to play there. I know he's uncomfortable there but if he continues and grows into it that would save us grief".

"I would like to stay within the squad for a solution, rather than try to find someone else at the last minute. Sadly we might have to".

He's known Shorey has wanted to leave for over a year know, plenty of time to eye up possible replacements. I can almost predict the club's excuses when Shorey leaves for not finding a rpeplacement. "So close to the start of the seasonm, other clubs were not willing to do business and were charging a premium would just couldn't afford", that we be like th premium we're looking to charge for selling our LB so close to the start of the season.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Aug 2008 13:46

ScottishRoyal Oh dear...

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 14,00.html

Steve Coppell said... "We'll wait and see what happens. He's unsettled, we don't know what's going on and can't spend any money in case it's wasted and he stays".

"The alternative now is for Stephen Hunt to play there. I know he's uncomfortable there but if he continues and grows into it that would save us grief".

"I would like to stay within the squad for a solution, rather than try to find someone else at the last minute. Sadly we might have to".

He's known Shorey has wanted to leave for over a year know, plenty of time to eye up possible replacements. I can almost predict the club's excuses when Shorey leaves for not finding a rpeplacement. "So close to the start of the seasonm, other clubs were not willing to do business and were charging a premium would just couldn't afford", that we be like th premium we're looking to charge for selling our LB so close to the start of the season.

I can understand your frustration - I share it - but not sure what the alternative is. We couldn't really sign a decent replacement for Shorey before we had sold him - if we'd done so, it would have put even more pressure on our asking price to go down as clubs would have known we were desperate to sell. And equally if we sell him we can't be seen to be too desperate by other clubs, otherwise they'll push up the price of any players we're interested in signing. So we could find ourselves paying £2-3 million for a player only worth about £1million.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 04 Aug 2008 14:43

Royalwaster I can understand your frustration - I share it - but not sure what the alternative is. We couldn't really sign a decent replacement for Shorey before we had sold him - if we'd done so, it would have put even more pressure on our asking price to go down as clubs would have known we were desperate to sell. And equally if we sell him we can't be seen to be too desperate by other clubs, otherwise they'll push up the price of any players we're interested in signing. So we could find ourselves paying £2-3 million for a player only worth about £1million.

Which is why we should have offered DLC one more year - happy ot be back if Shorey stays, model pro who would more than do a job in the Championship for one more season, from "within our squad" so no problems concerning the (often worried about by the club) upsetting effect of a new player

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 04 Aug 2008 14:54

Two words. Coppell out. How long has he had to sort this out ??????? Oh, the grief. Get out, this is a professional football club.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 04 Aug 2008 14:55

we should cut our losses now

Bring in the replacement and knock a million or so off shoreys price so he goes

not rocket science imo

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 04 Aug 2008 15:02

3 words, De La Cruz.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 04 Aug 2008 15:13

FFS why do people keep goin on about DLC, he's not even a left-back!!

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 04 Aug 2008 15:16

Bill Oddie's Beard FFS why do people keep goin on about DLC, he's not even a left-back!!

he played at left or right back, both very competently, thats why people keep mentioning him :roll:

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 04 Aug 2008 15:21

Focher
Bill Oddie's Beard FFS why do people keep goin on about DLC, he's not even a left-back!!

he played at left or right back, both very competently, thats why people keep mentioning him :roll:

I agree he was a competent right-back, but I really don't remember him playing left back more than a couple of times.

Jez
Location: playing hide and seek with Lord Lucan and Rudolph Hess

by Jez » 04 Aug 2008 15:56

AndyRFC
Zammo
Focher i reckon its Damon Tennant.

He used to play a good game down the bottom park in Twyford and im sure can take this to the slightly bigger stage.

Lack of left foot, I reckon. His right wasn't too clever either. Michael 'Biff' Smith, Simon Schafer or Julian Sunley can fill the void.

lol to be fair. We used to play in the bottom park with the monkey bars being the 'goal'

Thats one club im in! Stanlake was where it was at though!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Aug 2008 16:29

If DLC is being proposed as left back, why can't Murty play there as well. Surely he should have the experience to adapt?

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 04 Aug 2008 16:33

He no doubt has the experience - just not the quality.

535 posts