RUMOUR - Lita to QPR

Bill Oddie's Beard

Re: RUMOUR - Lita to QPR

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 10 Oct 2008 11:02

Norfolk Royal Good pic. I was chatting to a mate who's an NCFCSTH and he was complaining that if Lita had stayed on his feet he could have walked the ball in.

However, I had to point out that if he'd done that he wouldn't have got the keeper sent off. However, Norwich still lost.

From that picture it looks like it would have been pretty hard to stay on his feet!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Oct 2008 11:12

Bill Oddie's Beard
Norfolk Royal Good pic. I was chatting to a mate who's an NCFCSTH and he was complaining that if Lita had stayed on his feet he could have walked the ball in.

However, I had to point out that if he'd done that he wouldn't have got the keeper sent off. However, Norwich still lost.

From that picture it looks like it would have been pretty hard to stay on his feet!

Just a toe tickle apparently.

sucatraps

Re: Lita to QPR

by sucatraps » 10 Oct 2008 12:30

West Stand Man
That Friday Feeling For 'kicked' read smacked him with his arm, I think?

In which case I stand corrected and concede that Carroll was a lucky man to only get a red card.[/quote]

Shame he's not a tough tackling defender, " Leroy bites yer legs" would have been a caption!

'Av Some Of That!

by 'Av Some Of That! » 10 Oct 2008 20:33

Do we need him even if Doyle does go in January?

Simon Church deserves a chance, he has just scored 2 goals for Wales U21 against England.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 11 Oct 2008 10:46

Heard from a indirectly from a member of the team that played at Stoke that there was a bit of a flare up in the dressing room regarding the infamous Leroy penalty miss. SC asked Leroy along the lines of "what the hell was that" ? And Leroy had a rant along the lines of "given that you won't give put me in the first team I couldn't give a !#@& where it went". Loan arranged shortly afterwards and Jan transfer seems very likely.
I know there has also been debate on Shane Long in a different thread but I'm suprised that some people doubt his commitment. I think he actually tries too hard sometimes if anything. Facing goal he is very good. Pace, strength and finishes well. Back to goal there is a lot of work to be done as touch is especially poor and movement could be better. But SC is the man to improve him if anyone is.
My guess would be, assuming we are very much in the promotion mix come January, that Leroy will go and that we'll invest in a proven striker to guarentee the fire power that we need to see the job through. That doesn't mean that Doyle / Hunt wouldn't remain our best pairing, just that we have the depth that we need to cover injuries and loss of form.
The wild card is Doyle but, unless he has a contract clause, I think the club would turn down all offers in January if we have a chance to get back up.

Doyler

by Doyler » 13 Oct 2008 19:54

I'd be pleased with the January transfer window if we sold Lita, brought back Kitson and kept Doyle and Hunt. Although I think the last two are unlikely to happen.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 14 Oct 2008 11:51

OLLIE KEARNS Heard from a indirectly from a member of the team that played at Stoke that there was a bit of a flare up in the dressing room regarding the infamous Leroy penalty miss. SC asked Leroy along the lines of "what the hell was that" ? And Leroy had a rant along the lines of "given that you won't give put me in the first team I couldn't give a !#@& where it went". Loan arranged shortly afterwards and Jan transfer seems very likely.

I'd be very surprised if that was true.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Oct 2008 11:53

Archie's penalty
OLLIE KEARNS Heard from a indirectly from a member of the team that played at Stoke that there was a bit of a flare up in the dressing room regarding the infamous Leroy penalty miss. SC asked Leroy along the lines of "what the hell was that" ? And Leroy had a rant along the lines of "given that you won't give put me in the first team I couldn't give a !#@& where it went". Loan arranged shortly afterwards and Jan transfer seems very likely.

Ditto.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 14 Oct 2008 11:56

SpaceCruiser
Archie's penalty

Ditto.

complete sh!te imo

not sure we should get rid of Lita, especially with the Doyle Villa rumour still going on

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Oct 2008 12:10

I just can't see Coppell going up to a player in front of all the others and shouting "what the f*ck was that?" It's just not his style.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Oct 2008 17:43

Ian Royal I just can't see Coppell going up to a player in front of all the others and shouting "what the f*ck was that?" It's just not his style.

Where does it say in the original quote that Coppell shouted?

I can perfectly believe that what is purported to have happened, did happen; dressing rooms post game can be brutal places. I also concur with the rest of Ollie Kearns' post.

Unless there is a clause in Doyle's contract, if we are looking as if we are going to be in with a shout for promotion, the club won't let him go unless a stupid amount of money and a QUALITY player exchange is offered (and no, not Marlon Harewood thank you very much! Don't forget that Coppell and Pards are mates, and I'm sure SSC wouldn't have been overly impressed by Harewood's attitude when we played WHU).

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 15 Oct 2008 20:45

Personally I will be surprised if Lita ever plays for Reading again. I don't know if the story about the Stoke game is true but I remember thinking then that the penalty miss would be the last time we would see Lita.

I expect him to be loaned out til 1st Jan and then sold to the highest bidder - even if it is only 500K or so. The price will depend on how well he does on loan.

I will be glad to be honest as he seems to attract trouble.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Oct 2008 10:05

andrew1957 Personally I will be surprised if Lita ever plays for Reading again. I don't know if the story about the Stoke game is true but I remember thinking then that the penalty miss would be the last time we would see Lita.

I expect him to be loaned out til 1st Jan and then sold to the highest bidder - even if it is only 500K or so. The price will depend on how well he does on loan.

we were prepared to sell him in the summer to anyone offering 1.5m-2m, but no bidders for him

songvip

by songvip » 22 Oct 2008 08:03

http://www.clubcall.com/norwich-city/striker-linked-prem-switch-802545.html

Norwich will face a battle to keep hold of Reading striker Leroy Lita as West Brom have expressed an interest in the player.

Baggies boss Tony Mowbray is believed to be on the lookout for a striker with a proven Premiership goal record and Lita, currently on loan at Carrow Road, may fit the bill.

The 23-year-old has fallen out of favour at Reading and Royals boss Steve Coppell could be ready to do business if the price is right.

Lita's best Premiership goal return was seven in 2006/07, but he also hit the net seven times in cup competitions for the Berkshire club that season.

That form earned him a call up to the summer's European Under-21 championships where he starred for Stuart Pearce's side, scoring against Italy, Serbia and Holland - which saw him named in UEFA's tournament dream team.

Reading will be looking for over £2.5million for Lita, who could have commanded a fee in excess of £5million a couple of seasons ago. Canaries boss Glenn Roeder would at the very least like to keep him until the end of the season but news of West Brom's interest could scupper his plans.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Oct 2008 12:52

gazzer, loyal royal
andrew1957 Personally I will be surprised if Lita ever plays for Reading again. I don't know if the story about the Stoke game is true but I remember thinking then that the penalty miss would be the last time we would see Lita.

we were prepared to sell him in the summer to anyone offering 1.5m-2m, but no bidders for him

The more goals he scores on loan the higher the price will be in January.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 30 Oct 2008 09:23

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Oct 2008 10:48

that story looks like it could have some legs
would be a good swap

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 30 Oct 2008 10:51

so we replace a striker with central midfielder number 6? :|

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Oct 2008 10:56

Alan Partridge so we replace a striker with central midfielder number 6? :|

Perhaps we'll do something radical and swap Lita for Watson and then BUY a direct replacement ?

You need to think outside the box AP ! It's not as if we don;t have the money to bring in a fairly useful alternative front man - or even use one of the several very good youngsters we already have.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Oct 2008 11:03

Alan Partridge so we replace a striker with central midfielder number 6? :|

maybe they havent got a striker we want?