RUMOUR - Charlie Adam

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Charlie Adam

by BR2 » 15 Jun 2009 13:08

nickbob_sexypants I didnt know you get replies from the club if recommending transfers. I thought they would just ignore it!

No,had a very polite letter back from both Coppell and McDermott-I thought it was a bit of overkill to get letters from both of them but better that for fans wanting to help their club than nothing at all.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Jun 2009 13:12

No doubt that Adam is naturally gifted. The kind of player that Rodgers would hopefully get to perform consistently at his best.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Jun 2009 13:15

BR2
nickbob_sexypants I didnt know you get replies from the club if recommending transfers. I thought they would just ignore it!

No,had a very polite letter back from both Coppell and McDermott-I thought it was a bit of overkill to get letters from both of them but better that for fans wanting to help their club than nothing at all.

thats really good of them

id just have ignored you

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Jun 2009 14:56

Royalee Seems to be hotting up today on Newsnow. Rangers fans rate him fairly highly based on what I've read so it could be interesting to see what happens. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2009/06/15/reading-in-frame-to-land-charlie-adam-from-rangers-86908-21442024/

LOL- What rangers fans have you been speaking too?

He's scored a couple of goals in big games but a lot are happy to see him off.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Jun 2009 17:23

brendywendy
BR2

thats really good of them

id just have ignored you

Perhaps that's because they are decent well-mannered people whereas you are ..............from a different generation.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Jun 2009 17:24

FiNeRaIn
Royalee Seems to be hotting up today on Newsnow. Rangers fans rate him fairly highly based on what I've read so it could be interesting to see what happens. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2009/06/15/reading-in-frame-to-land-charlie-adam-from-rangers-86908-21442024/

LOL- What rangers fans have you been speaking too?

He's scored a couple of goals in big games but a lot are happy to see him off.

Thankfully I don't know any, just from a few comments they've left that I've read.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jun 2009 17:43

BR2

McDermott may live to regret you posting that on here...

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 18 Jun 2009 23:15

This article on a Rangers fan site gives a pretty good assessment of Adam. Not a left sided midfielder apparently so not really the ideal replacement for Hunt as suggested recently by the Chronic

When Charlie Adam takes the field for Rangers, he is the most talked about player that day. Most of the time it is about his fitness, the inability to keep up with the opposition, his lack of tracking back, the inability to beat any man including the referee for pace, his inconsistent passing and the size of his behind.

But Charlie Adam also has the Ibrox faithful discuss some of what can only be described as Charlie Adam’s “special moments”. Including superb goals against Stuttgart and free kicks like the one against Celtic at Parkhead.

Charlie Adam has the ability to play football. He has a good left foot, which he can strike a dead ball from; he has a good range of passing yet has no consistency within himself. Adam always looks for the tightest angles, the longest pass and as I write this article, they rarely come off.

He has an inability to play the simple pass, which seems to have left him along with the fundamentals of football that was taught during his time in the Murray Park youth ranks.

A dark picture of Charlie Adam has been painted so far which portrays Charlie as a clueless player. This is not the case; Charlie Adam has a footballing monster inside of him waiting to be unleashed. Take his first full season at Rangers. He was a lot fitter under the then manager Paul Le Guen.

A failed manager at Rangers who according to club captain Barry Ferguson made training sessions more fitness and athlete orientated focusing on ball control and touch rather than the good old fashioned hard tackling, high tempo, physical training sessions of old.

This is where Charlie Adam excelled; he started 40 games and scored 14 goals in all competitions a pretty healthy return for a midfield player. At the end of that season he was voted Rangers Young Player of the Year, voted for by the very fans that are on his case today.

So with all this potential where did it all go wrong for Charlie Adam? Well, he has been played out of position on the left wing by the current Rangers manager Walter Smith which must have knocked his confidence. But the most important factor is his fitness which has deteriorated beyond belief.

Many Rangers fans whom I have spoken to believe that Charlie has always been overweight and physically poor.

This is not true. Under Le Guen, he played in a slight advanced midfield role and was full of running linking up with strikers and arriving late in the box. His passing was sharper, his dead balls more accurate. But since then Charlie Adam has seen himself fail to live up to the promise of his first full season.

In order to get Charlie Adam back on track, he needs to take his fitness and improve it, be responsible for it himself, or he risks losing out on a chance of being in the Rangers team for years to come.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 19 Jun 2009 00:03

A very interesting read, thanks for posting that UpNorth - sounds a Matejovsky-style player then. Will be interesting to see if anything happens with this.

Friday's Child

by Friday's Child » 19 Jun 2009 06:58

Sounds like Darren Caskey....

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 07 Jul 2009 10:07

Poised to sign for Blackpool according to reports.