RUMOUR - Brian Howard & a trip to Espana

168 posts
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

Re: RUMOUR - Brian Howard & a trip to Espana

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 31 Aug 2009 16:59

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Gathering a pace this one.

Howard would be great, not done well for Blades, would add some character to the midfield though.

There's a lot of talent in the Spanish B Teams...

Stock is a far better option for us than Howard ....Jem can do the job that Howard would do

We just need new faces mate. Not seen enough of either to judge which is better. We need an experienced attacking mid imo to help out Karracan or Davies. Espcially if Marek does leave.

I would imagine it could be 2 in 2 out with centre mids tomoz...

No problem if its two, but Stock >>> Howard - if we are looking for a midfield leader tbh...but hey, how do I know what Rodgers is looking for

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 31 Aug 2009 17:15

Not much of an update I'm affraid, but I'm told we are very close now to a deal for Brian Howard. Sheffield United have expressed an interest in taking James Harper in exchange. Yesterday afternoon I knew nothing about Sheffield's interest in Shane Long though. We are still in talks with a Spanish club regarding the loan of a defender. (not from usual source)
Interesting 24 hours to come.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 31 Aug 2009 17:20

(.)Boobies(.) Not much of an update I'm affraid, but I'm told we are very close now to a deal for Brian Howard. Sheffield United have expressed an interest in taking James Harper in exchange. Yesterday afternoon I knew nothing about Sheffield's interest in Shane Long though. We are still in talks with a Spanish club regarding the loan of a defender. (not from usual source)
Interesting 24 hours to come.

Do you know anything about Marek/Stock rumours?

blade 1

by blade 1 » 31 Aug 2009 17:21

I'd imagine Howard doen't fit into the hoofball stuff you play. Always impressed me though when I've seen him play for Utd and Barnley.

He may well be better suited to your style of play.

But in fairness we are quite capable of playing it through the middle when we wan't to. Howard just hasn't shown himself to be good enough there for us, he can be like a passenger if things arn't going his way and can't keep the ball. Maybe a change of scene will do him some good - cos he's not bad on his day.

Interesting that you guys don't seem to rate Long. I've always thought he looked a player. Seemed to get a fair few goals for you.

And i've always thought harper was good. He always scores against us. (Just hope if we sign him Blackwell shows him what real shinpads look like)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 Aug 2009 17:29

blade 1
I'd imagine Howard doen't fit into the hoofball stuff you play. Always impressed me though when I've seen him play for Utd and Barnley.

But in fairness we are quite capable of playing it through the middle when we wan't to. Howard just hasn't shown himself to be good enough there for us, he can be like a passenger if things arn't going his way and can't keep the ball. Maybe a change of scene will do him some good - cos he's not bad on his day.

Interesting that you guys don't seem to rate Long. I've always thought he looked a player. Seemed to get a fair few goals for you.

And i've always thought harper was good. He always scores against us. (Just hope if we sign him Blackwell shows him what real shinpads look like)

He can't wear normal shinpads because of his bendy legs! :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2009 17:29

Long is an interesting one. Undeniable talent, but very very very rough edges. Scores well for a sub, but his best showing by a long way is 9 goals last season. A large proportion of which came in a fairly short time.

Doesn't perform consistently well enough as a starter.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 31 Aug 2009 17:32

blade 1

Fair enough on Howard. Though a Sheff Utd fan friend of mine says he's very good on the ball, but struggles in a 2-man midfield because he's a bit slow.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 31 Aug 2009 18:01

winchester_royal he's very good on the ball, but struggles in a 2-man midfield because he's a bit slow.

Hello Marek.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 31 Aug 2009 18:05

chilipepper91
winchester_royal he's very good on the ball, but struggles in a 2-man midfield because he's a bit slow.

Hello Marek.

That's what I was thinking. Howard probably has more strength on the ball though. Not to mention more experience in this league.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 31 Aug 2009 18:23

hello guys,

been away for a while and haven't spoken to my source since the Mills deal, but my try and find him some time this week.

However, you normally here something that happens in the press and theres nothing in the press at all. Maybe the club have learnt their lesson

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 31 Aug 2009 18:25

gazzer, loyal royal hello guys,

been away for a while and haven't spoken to my source since the Mills deal, but my try and find him some time this week.

I'd make it before 5pm tomorrow

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 31 Aug 2009 18:28

That Friday Feeling

but i can still find out after who we were after and bids rejected etc :oops:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 31 Aug 2009 18:38

However, you normally here something that happens in the press and theres nothing in the press at all. Maybe the club have learnt their lesson

Pathetic. :wink:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 31 Aug 2009 20:14

gazzer, loyal royal
That Friday Feeling

but i can still find out after who we were after and bids rejected etc :oops:

As in Jim Bowen and Bullseye? Will we have the opportunity to hear you say "Let's see whay you would have won. Oh look, it's a boat!"

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 31 Aug 2009 20:30

That Friday Feeling

6pm?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 Aug 2009 20:32

Deathy
That Friday Feeling

6pm?

If he wrote 5pm, you have to assume he meant it. Or are you in France?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 31 Aug 2009 20:45

I'm sure SSN said 6pm. :|

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Aug 2009 20:48

Well, their transfer clock is ticking down to 5 pm tomorrow, so I'd doubt it.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 31 Aug 2009 20:59

Royal Lady Well, their transfer clock is ticking down to 5 pm tomorrow, so I'd doubt it.

Well they also showed us one place above the relegation zone after the P'boro result, so... :roll:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 31 Aug 2009 21:01

Deathy
Royal Lady Well, their transfer clock is ticking down to 5 pm tomorrow, so I'd doubt it.

Well they also showed us one place above the relegation zone after the P'boro result, so... :roll:

Yet you choose to trust them when they apparently say that the window shuts at 6pm...

Make your "mind" up.

168 posts