RUMOUR - Robert Beric

674 posts
JIM

Re: RUMOUR - Robert Beric

by JIM » 07 Jul 2015 07:37

Beric turned down ROYALS offer. Good, now back to realistic transfer gossip, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(source, News now reading)(Tilehurst end report)
Last edited by JIM on 07 Jul 2015 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

yuomi

by yuomi » 07 Jul 2015 08:02

JIM Beric turned down ROYALS offer. Good, now back to realistic transfer gossip, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(source, News now reading)

Try again. This time reading more thant the first five words...

JIM

by JIM » 07 Jul 2015 08:49

yuomi
JIM Beric turned down ROYALS offer. Good, now back to realistic transfer gossip, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No. Player rejected terms, wanted more euros,

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Jul 2015 08:57

JIM
yuomi

Beric has turned down a new RAPID offer not ROYALS offer. Be difficult for him to turn down our offer seeing as we can't put an offer to him until RAPID have agreed to sell....

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Jul 2015 09:27

JIM's having a bit of a mare here.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Jul 2015 09:29

JIM

JIM, read it slowly and form the words with your mouth as you read it, Dave says it helps

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 07 Jul 2015 09:36

72 bus JIM's having a bit of a mare here.

it's not the first time, and i'm sure it won't be the last

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Jul 2015 10:00

TheBaldOne Is he even that good? Can anyone honestly say they have properly seen him play?

27 goals in 31 starts in a country's top division for the country's biggest team is certainly worth a look.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 07 Jul 2015 10:11

genome
TheBaldOne Is he even that good? Can anyone honestly say they have properly seen him play?

27 goals in 31 starts in a country's top division for the country's biggest team is certainly worth a look.

FWIW it's not the country's biggest team - Red Bull Salzburg is .... and the Austrian league is pretty shit to be honest.

JIM

by JIM » 07 Jul 2015 10:15

You are right, I stand corrected. just for that I hope he signs.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Jul 2015 10:22

Royalwaster
genome

FWIW it's not the country's biggest team - Red Bull Salzburg is .... and the Austrian league is pretty shit to be honest.

Rapid Wien have 32 titles, right? The most of any. And the biggest fanbase.

And remember, Reading are in the 2nd tier having struggled the season before. This would be a big signing. 27 goals in any top professional league indicates that you know where the goal is, so he must have something.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 07 Jul 2015 10:35

Hope BF is right, he's done well recently tbfth.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Jul 2015 10:50

genome is right, Rapid Wien are the biggest club in Austria, Red Bull Salzburg are very much the Man City of the Austrian League.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Jul 2015 11:00

Time to calm down to a panic and get realistic, m8s.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-transfers-beric-donaldson-9601793

"Howe did confirm that Royals are interested in the Slovenia international and they had seen a ‘good’ offer rejected by the Austrian club.

But he insists they will not be held to ransom in terms of how much they pay for the 24-year-old striker, who scored 27 goals from 31 starts last season.

“We certainly didn’t bid €5million but we were prepared to pay a good fee,” said Howe.

“I think the trouble is that speculation and interest from lots of clubs do drive the price up.

“Whether he will sell for that sort of money I doubt.

“But certainly it might price him out of what we would like to pay.”

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 07 Jul 2015 11:07

Some quotes from Rapid Fans on their forum - in response to a question I posed on what kind of player he is:

"He's great at protecting the ball and uses his body extremely clever to ensure the posession of the ball. Most of his goals seem to be easy goals but in fact he's much more than a clinical striker. Most of the time our team plays possession football, therefore he's important. Robert is great at participating in "Kombinationsspiel"( I don't Know the correct english word for this one sorry ) as already said he's also good at ensuring quick crosses into the half of the opposition. All facts considered Robert is a player who can reach the top of his personal Performance if his team is dominating their opponent and having the ball Most of the time"

"Beric is a classic striker, who knows where he's to stay at the right time and that's his major strength. He's not the fastest one but he works for the team. last season was pretty good but in my mind we understood how to involve Beric's strength into our game so in my mind if he comes to your club it will be hard for him to keep his performance (I saw few games the last season also games with Reading and I'm not convinced if the championship is really made for him "

"Beric needs pacey wingers and a CAM which can feed him with passes. He is not a Player who can make damage on his own. "

"Beric is neither fast nor a good header.
hope that helps. "

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 07 Jul 2015 11:13

Royalwaster Some quotes from Rapid Fans on their forum - in response to a question I posed on what kind of player he is:

"He's great at protecting the ball and uses his body extremely clever to ensure the posession of the ball. Most of his goals seem to be easy goals but in fact he's much more than a clinical striker. Most of the time our team plays possession football, therefore he's important. Robert is great at participating in "Kombinationsspiel"( I don't Know the correct english word for this one sorry ) as already said he's also good at ensuring quick crosses into the half of the opposition. All facts considered Robert is a player who can reach the top of his personal Performance if his team is dominating their opponent and having the ball Most of the time"

Not too disimilar to Jason Roberts by the sounds of that, although he also had a bit of pace about him in his earlier years.

Michael Meaker

by Michael Meaker » 07 Jul 2015 11:21

Royalwaster "Beric is neither fast nor a good header.
hope that helps. "

This is encouraging :lol:

fedders1871

by fedders1871 » 07 Jul 2015 11:31

Platypuss Time to calm down to a panic and get realistic, m8s.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-transfers-beric-donaldson-9601793

"Howe did confirm that Royals are interested in the Slovenia international and they had seen a ‘good’ offer rejected by the Austrian club.

But he insists they will not be held to ransom in terms of how much they pay for the 24-year-old striker, who scored 27 goals from 31 starts last season.

“We certainly didn’t bid €5million but we were prepared to pay a good fee,” said Howe.

“I think the trouble is that speculation and interest from lots of clubs do drive the price up.

“Whether he will sell for that sort of money I doubt.

“But certainly it might price him out of what we would like to pay.”

I assume this means Samuel will have another season out on loan and cox will be sold?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Jul 2015 11:35

Royalwaster
"Beric is neither fast nor a good header.
hope that helps. "

We've got one like that already

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jul 2015 13:19

Z175
Ian Royal
winchester_royal It does make all the gnashing and clawing on this wonderful board just a couple of weeks ago look a tad daft.

But its so unlike the team board to overreact based on minimal evidence so we should probably forgive them :)

This would be proper :shock: bonkers.

But let's not get carried away. We thought we had a rich owner who was prepared to commit plenty of money to take us places before. He certainly committed a lot of money for the club. Shame he never actually had it. To be honest this sort of signing makes me more worried, not less.

But I am weird.

I'm normally very sceptical but I think the difference was with Anton we had something to lose in a well run club.

Since he fcked us almost to administration, then if the same happens again with the Thais we won't be any worse off than without them.

I don't believe any of them have claimed to be billionnaires and if you look at Nurin N then his full-time job is general manager of a tuna company (possibly the world's biggest) owned by the Dad of the new sheff Wed owner. To me he seems like a highly paid executive for sure, but a multimillionnaire in GBP?

However if not personally rich then they do appear to all be serious business people, Sasima S seems to have impressive credentials and qualifications.

The contacts with Carabao and Thai airways and the Bangkok reception seems to reinforce the impression the Thais are serious and have a plan to make money. And you only do that in the premiership.

So is it worth chucking say ten million quid at a promotion attempt and keeping Steve Clarke happy, even if you don't have all the cash and need to borrow it. (for all I know they may have it, I'm just assuming worst case.)

For the increased 100m+ jackpot? Easily.

So Beric....yes please as a statement of intent.

From the video of his goals though I reckon I'd have scored most of them!

But you don't make money in the PL without getting relegated with ease. We made a total of about £10m profit across our three PL seasons. All that did was clear some of the debt from previously running at a loss.

The £100m windfall stuff is nonsense. It all goes on increased costs.

674 posts