2015 January Transfer Window

212 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 2015 January Transfer Window

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Jan 2015 13:00

Ian Royal
Lacoste Yes Ian, Vaz Te will be top of Pardew's wish list :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

I didn't say he would be. I said Palace would probably be his best chance of a Premier League club. Given their lack of strikers they need people in. He's hardly going to be first choice, but for free he's a possibility. That doesn't mean I think they'd necessarily consider him though.

He's just brought in Sanogo from Arsenal, but he's only got Gayle, Murray, Campbell and Chamakh to chose from so yeah, i can see how they might need a sixth forward

Vaz Te would be a fantastic signing but I doubt we'd be his first choice.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Jan 2015 13:09

Unless Reading has suddenly relocated to Turkey I doubt we'll be signing Vaz Te.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Jan 2015 13:14

Can't see us signing anyone to be honest. Would like to see us sign Murray , a left back and a central defender. Thought SC didn't sound too confident on BBCRB after the game. It's the same every window there's always an excuse not to sign anyone.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jan 2015 14:37

Travner is a done deal, just waiting for clearance to come through so that's the left back taken care of, now just a striker or 5 needed.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jan 2015 14:44

howser Will be interesting times the next few days, and we should finally see what sort of ambition our "secret society" of ownership are bringing to the table, Samrit's name in bounded around a lot but what connection with the club has he ? some transparancy would be nice to see about who owns what and what their views are about what direction we are going in, apart from the down of the moment.

So we will see do we have Sir John's deep pockets owners, or have we sold out to a dud or duds again ?

We are constrained by financial fair play. If we spend much, we'll go over it and be hit with a transfer embargo, because our wage budget is sky high thanks to Anton and the likes of Drenthe, Pog, Guthrie and probably, Gunter, Williams, McCleary, Pearce and HRK.

Even if the Thais have billions, they can only put in about £5m to increase the allowed FFP loss from £3m to £8m. We're already at a loss of £7.5m (which thanks to exclusions on spending for things like the Academy, we can squeeze in below the £3m.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 18 Jan 2015 15:36

I believe we will get 1 striker and the left back traverner, other than that I'm not holding out much hope unless drenthe leaves, not expecting much though

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 18 Jan 2015 15:37

linkenholtroyal I believe we will get 1 striker and the left back traverner, other than that I'm not holding out much hope unless drenthe leaves, not expecting much though

Travner sorry....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jan 2015 13:43

Latest roundup of gossip on championship clubs :

Birmingham City: The Blues have made a move to sign Watford outcast Llloyd Dyer on loan, with the winger determined to move back to the Midlands after being told he can leave Vicarage Road. (Birmingham Mail)

Blackburn Rovers: The Lancashire outfit are locked in discussions with Crystal Palace over the potential sale of top scorer Gestede, but only if Eagles boss Alan Pardew meets Rovers' £5m price tag. (Lancashire Telegraph)

Blackpool: Seasiders manager Lee Clark is set to be forced into the transfer market once more after Chris Eagles' decision to leave the club, with other areas of the side set to be bolstered. (Blackpool Gazette)

Bolton Wanderers: Neil Lennon has conceded he is set to miss out on the signing of Watford winger Dyer after the 32-year-old sought a move closer to home but revealed the deal seeing Jay Spearing move to Vicarage Road was independent. (The Bolton News)

Brentford: The Bees are one of three interested parties in the race for Aston Villa starlet Jack Grealish , with Mark Warburton set to go head-to-head with Wolves and Nottingham Forest counterparts Kenny Jackett and Stuart Pearce to get his man. (Get West London)

Fulham: Cottagers boss Kit Symons has revealed he had discussions with wantaway midfielder Bryan Ruiz over his mentality before the Costa Rica international took part in the 2-1 home win over Reading. (Get West London)

Middlesbrough: Goalkeeper Dimi Konstantopoulos has indicated he would welcome talks with manager Aitor Karanka over a new deal at the club after admitting he is revelling in playing his part in Boro's water-tight defence. (Gazette Live)

Reading: Winger Royston Drenthe has entered talks with Turkish outfit Erciyesspor after a proposed move to China with Shijazhuang Ever Bright collapsed, with the 27-year-old all set to sign a one-and-a-half-year deal in Turkey. (Get Reading)

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 21 Jan 2015 18:28

Le Fondre has gone to Huddersfield.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 21 Jan 2015 18:52

A Trialist scored in our reserves game today. Assuming it was not the Polish keeper, could be Travener or hopefully a striker....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Jan 2015 19:06

Forget any permanent transfers in. GetReading are reporting that Clarke has said it will be loans only (if we're lucky) due to the poor financial situation the club is in! :twisted:

Forget loans because no doubt there will be no one available who will add anything above what we already have in the squad.

Could be squeaky bum time for the rest of the season because if you can't convert the chances you create into goals you can't win games.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2015 13:50

No Fixed Abode Le Fondre has gone to Huddersfield.

:lol:

Two threads you've posted this in and been wrong.

212 posts