RUMOUR - Lita & Shorey on the way out

702 posts
Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 10 Aug 2007 11:38

loyalroyal4life £7 mill + mullins would be fair enough if he really wants to go

Thought Mullins was reuniting with Pardew at Charlton ??

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 11 Aug 2007 20:38

After today's result WHU will be looking harder for a defender. If price right, let him go I say. Not good for RFC spirit to have a player whose thoughts are roaming elsewhere.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 11 Aug 2007 21:08

Old Biscuitman After today's result WHU will be looking harder for a defender. If price right, let him go I say. Not good for RFC spirit to have a player whose thoughts are roaming elsewhere.

It's people like yourself who make these rumours out to be stronger than they already are.

hes got 2 years left and said hes happy at Reading.

End of Thread... its getting ridiculous

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Aug 2007 11:25

Mr Loyal Royal
loyalroyal4life £7 mill + mullins would be fair enough if he really wants to go

Thought Mullins was reuniting with Pardew at Charlton ??

No he's still at west sham

Melbguy

by Melbguy » 15 Aug 2007 22:11

Apparently according to some, Shorey has agreed terms with West Ham.

But he will only be allowed to leave when and if a suitable replacement is found by you.

Just watched your game, very well played at the moment having seen us I'd say you looked a lot better.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Aug 2007 22:17

Melbguy Apparently according to some, Shorey has agreed terms with West Ham.

But he will only be allowed to leave when and if a suitable replacement is found by you.

Just watched your game, very well played at the moment having seen us I'd say you looked a lot better.

sounds like a crock of shit to me. thanks for the compliment. might have got something had it not been for the ref.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 15 Aug 2007 22:19

Shorey is indeed having a medical at west ham... as we speak...

Melbguy

by Melbguy » 15 Aug 2007 22:21

Ian Royal

sounds like a crock of shit to me. thanks for the compliment. might have got something had it not been for the ref.

I missed the sending off, I'd flicked to another game 5 on live here.

Your players are going to be knackered if you keep playing with 10 men

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Aug 2007 22:26

Melbguy
Ian Royal

I missed the sending off, I'd flicked to another game 5 on live here.

Your players are going to be knackered if you keep playing with 10 men

it was only 20... I just hope we never get that madmam of a ref again. I wouldn't wish him on anyone, not even a West Ham with Tevez, Brooking, Pardew and Brown involved.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 16 Aug 2007 08:14

Sounds like a funny way to do business.

1. Only very recently we were told no bids had been received for any players (could be a lie of course !)
2. Shorey is under contract for 2 years so in no position to agree terms with anyone (although we know WHU are crooks and have no idea of business ethics !)
3. How can you let a guy go and agree terms but make itconditional on finding and signing a new player within a week. If we found we couldn;t sign the player we wanted and said to Shorey 'sorry mate, we know you've agreed 60k a week but as we've not found an establised international aged under 20 prepared to join us for nothing on 50p a week you'll have to stay for another year so send the Bentley back' then that isn't going to go down too well.
4. If the deal was that advanced I doubt Shorey would be playing at the moment, high chance of picking up an injury in the tough games we've had.

Of course it may happen, but as ever I have no faith in these 'someone says' type rumours. You'll be telling us next it comes from some bloke on a message board who reckons he knows SHorey's dad !!

Melbguy

by Melbguy » 16 Aug 2007 08:43

Behindu

Sounds like a funny way to do business.

1. Only very recently we were told no bids had been received for any players (could be a lie of course !)
2. Shorey is under contract for 2 years so in no position to agree terms with anyone (although we know WHU are crooks and have no idea of business ethics !)
3. How can you let a guy go and agree terms but make itconditional on finding and signing a new player within a week. If we found we couldn;t sign the player we wanted and said to Shorey 'sorry mate, we know you've agreed 60k a week but as we've not found an establised international aged under 20 prepared to join us for nothing on 50p a week you'll have to stay for another year so send the Bentley back' then that isn't going to go down too well.
4. If the deal was that advanced I doubt Shorey would be playing at the moment, high chance of picking up an injury in the tough games we've had.

Of course it may happen, but as ever I have no faith in these 'someone says' type rumours. You'll be telling us next it comes from some bloke on a message board who reckons he knows SHorey's dad !!

No, it doesn't. There are a couple of journo's saying it not sure how reliable their info is.But his best mate who is a West Ham fan and had said that he wasn't coming even though he has nagged him to do so and everyone else was insisting that he was, is now saying things have changed. I do know that he is his mate.

Time will tell though, just thought I'd share it with you

johnnym

by johnnym » 16 Aug 2007 10:00

melbguy...are you Alan Curbishley???

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 16 Aug 2007 11:57

So West Ham are now illegally tapping up a player?

I don't think anyone could believe that West Ham could break the rules......

..............oh!

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 16 Aug 2007 12:07

Most uncharacteristically, Shorey had a mare last night :(

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Aug 2007 12:10

M Brook Most uncharacteristically, Shorey had a mare last night :(

I thought that actually - at fault for both goals and he struggled against them all night. I can't remember him winning a tackle. I suppose it was always going to be tough for him after chasing down their players on Saturday though.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 16 Aug 2007 12:23

Melbguy No, it doesn't. There are a couple of journo's saying it not sure how reliable their info is.But his best mate who is a West Ham fan and had said that he wasn't coming even though he has nagged him to do so and everyone else was insisting that he was, is now saying things have changed. I do know that he is his mate.

Time will tell though, just thought I'd share it with you

There are journo's saying anything you want to hear if you look hard enough....
The big hole in the argument is my 3rd point - no one would treat an employee like that. Dangle the carrot of huge sums of money in front of them whilst adding an almost impossible caveat. If it was the case then on August 23rd Reading would have a totally disgruntled player on their hands.
As you say, time will tell. If it does happen though I'd hope WHU were charged with an illegal approach, not that they will be. Do they ever conduct their transfer business ethically ?

retro royal

by retro royal » 16 Aug 2007 12:44

I thought Shorey didn't look up for it, and this could be the last time we see him in a Reading shirt

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 16 Aug 2007 12:52

retro royal I thought Shorey didn't look up for it, and this could be the last time we see him in a Reading shirt

Looked more to me like conditions were extremely difficult and the ball was very difficult to control. No one played especially well last night. In those conditions it's very difficult to do so.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Aug 2007 13:21

retro royal I thought Shorey didn't look up for it, and this could be the last time we see him in a Reading shirt

Dear God, bloke has a bad game so he's off?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 16 Aug 2007 13:21

Psychic powers if on the basis of last night you can tell if a player is leaving..

Any thoughts on where Murty is off to and who Long will be joining ?

702 posts