RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

1138 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

by Reading4eva » 29 Jan 2013 12:26

WoodleyRoyal awaiting the inevitable move to the team board :arrow: and the deal collapses

No dont tempt that. Graham leave it the bloody hell alone! :evil:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 29 Jan 2013 12:31

Lot's of squeeky bums from our idiot factor on this thread :P

I'd sooner we spent big bucks on someone like Ince, who should be an appreciating asset, than get ripped off paying a similar fee for one of the big boys squad players, who might never be anything special, and I strongly suspect the club take a similar view.

RFC is run as a business, which is why most of the "advice" here gets ignored :P WTF would our owners refuse to invest £7m if there was a very real prospect of doubling their money in 2-3 years? The football club they bought a 51% stake in has surely increased in value by more than this figure in less than year....................some of you shouldn't judge others by your own lower league mentality :|

I'd take a punt on Ince and would love a deal to happen here just so the rest of us can p*ss ourselves laughing at all the Jelly Twats above :P
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 29 Jan 2013 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Jan 2013 12:31

It's very unlike Reading to confirm we've bid for anyone, so we must be hopeful a deal can be done.

Apparently he can play through the middle, so would be a replacement for Sigurdsson (finally) and the attacking threat we need.

SSN now piggy-backing it - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... t-confirms

"It is understood that the top-flight strugglers have offered a fee in the region of £7million-£8m for a player who scored twice in Blackpool's win at Wolves on Saturday.

Reading have already struck three times in the transfer market this month, bringing in Daniel Carrico, Hope Akpan and Stephen Kelly as they bid to avoid relegation.

McDermott also confirmed the club's interest in Sheffield United striker Nick Blackman, who rejected the chance to talk to Crystal Palace after they had a £1.25million bid accepted by the Blades."

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Jan 2013 12:40

Press Conference Announced by Jonny Fordham on Twitter. This could be for Ince or Blackman... or both

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 29 Jan 2013 12:43

Reading4eva Press Conference Announced by Jonny Fordham on Twitter. This could be for Ince or Blackman... or both

Eh? This is the press conference that happened this morning, where they said they'd made a bid for Ince etc Not a new press conference announcing signings

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Jan 2013 12:44

8 minutes ago

Loads of #readingfc news in @getreading 2moro - Ince, Blackman, Chelsea preview, Sheff Utd report - only #rdg paper at 2day's press conf

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 29 Jan 2013 12:45

Reading4eva 8 minutes ago

Loads of #readingfc news in @getreading 2moro - Ince, Blackman, Chelsea preview, Sheff Utd report - only #rdg paper at 2day's press conf

Yup, as I said...

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 29 Jan 2013 12:45

Reading4eva Press Conference Announced by Jonny Fordham on Twitter. This could be for Ince or Blackman... or both

Ince, and Davies would be great additions to the first team, I can't imagine Blackman would be more than a decent 3-4th choice striker option (when / if Roberts gets fit) hopefully with a point to prove… maybe a sign church is on his way out?

Question Mark

by Question Mark » 29 Jan 2013 12:46

Royal Bison

Yup, as I said...

+1

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 29 Jan 2013 12:46

That was the one this morning

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 29 Jan 2013 12:46

That's just JF trying to flog tomorrow's paper on the back of some club propaganda he will faithfully regurgitate from today's press conference, which has already happened.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 29 Jan 2013 12:50

SPARTA It's very unlike Reading to confirm we've bid for anyone, so we must be hopeful a deal can be done.

Apparently he can play through the middle, so would be a replacement for Sigurdsson (finally) and the attacking threat we need.[/i]

Seen him play live/tv about 25 times. Quality player - really come on leaps and bounds in last 18 months. Very quick feet, not afraid to dribble round players. As Brian said, can play through the centre or from wide and drifing in. Not a pure wide player. Real real talent. Will be an England squad regular soon in my opinion.

Jano

by Jano » 29 Jan 2013 12:52

What's happened to the other winger at Blackpool, Matt Phillips I think? He looked very good from what I remember as well, surprised no ones been in for him.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 29 Jan 2013 12:52

Given the choice, I'm guessing he would go for Liverpool, but he might potentially not want to go back there having been previously sold by them. Also, would Liverpool be willing to pay the money? They apparently missed out on Dempsey because they weren't prepared to even come close to the asking price.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 29 Jan 2013 12:52

It's disappointing that Brian's feels it's appropriate to talk about other club's players. I thought the club were above that.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 29 Jan 2013 12:53

The Rouge
SPARTA It's very unlike Reading to confirm we've bid for anyone, so we must be hopeful a deal can be done.

Apparently he can play through the middle, so would be a replacement for Sigurdsson (finally) and the attacking threat we need.[/i]

Seen him play live/tv about 25 times. Quality player - really come on leaps and bounds in last 18 months. Very quick feet, not afraid to dribble round players. As Brian said, can play through the centre or from wide and drifing in. Not a pure wide player. Real real talent. Will be an England squad regular soon in my opinion.

Yep, I'd be astonished if other clubs as well as Liverpool and ourselves don't make a bid.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 29 Jan 2013 12:54

The Rouge

..just hope Rodgers doesn't decide to spoil the party and come back in for him ...wouldn't put it past him as he's been bleating about how small his squad is currently ...and he's probably now realised out that the likes of Borini aren't much Kop either ! :D

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Jan 2013 12:56

Colin Cheeselog It's disappointing that Brian's feels it's appropriate to talk about other club's players. I thought the club were above that.

Have to agree with this.......

Next Brian will be on SSN doing interviews from his car window.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 29 Jan 2013 13:02

just trying to catch up

have we had the press conf or is that happening later?!

Jimmyshark

by Jimmyshark » 29 Jan 2013 13:07

Bid rejected

1138 posts