RUMOUR: Mohamed Sissoko

516 posts
TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

Re: RUMOUR: Mohamed Sissoko

by TommyF » 03 Sep 2013 11:39

BR2 Never mind,we all loved Bikey and Terry Hurlock.
Too right. I hate players like that playing against us. Bloody love 'em when they're one of ours though

rfc58

by rfc58 » 03 Sep 2013 11:41

Spot on, but you always have more irons in the fire than you need, so if a deal goes sour, you have back up's lined up.

As wrong as it is, it's better to be in for a "second choice player" and let him down at the very last minute than to have one target, and it fall through leaving you, and the club up the creek.

IF we did lose two players last minute, we didn't have any plan B's in place.[/quote]

From the sound of it, these were already plan Bs ... no?[/quote]
You are probably right, meaning like the whole Glyfi senario back in January, we do not have enough contingency plans in place should the wheels come off.

Every club must go through the same issue, we just do not seem to deal with issues that happen last minute, but i guess when you go shopping at 5pm on Christmas Eve, don't be surprised if all the popular sizes have gone.

Hungary Royal

by Hungary Royal » 03 Sep 2013 11:42

Well perhaps the deals that went rather sour were more Plan Z than Plan B, never know. Just saying that it rather stinks that every transfer deadline day, we end up missing out on key signings. Is it not a coincidence since Squeaky clean Hammond has been DOF the deals have gone pear-shaped most often? Just asking

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Sep 2013 11:53

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... s-contract

Good news for Reading as PSG terminate Mohamed Sissoko's contract

Reading's hopes of securing the services of Mohamed Sissoko have been boosted by the news that the midfielder has had his contract terminated by Paris Saint-Germain.

The 28-year-old, who has also played for Valencia, Liverpool and Juventus, is now free to return to England where he is wanted the Championship club.

Sissoko has made just 28 appearances for PSG since joining from Juventus in July 2011, and spent the second half of last season with Italian club Fiorentina.

And the Mali international has also been out of favour with new coach Laurent Blanc who took over at the Parc des Princes in June after Carlo Ancelotti left for Real Madrid.

The French club confirmed on their website: "Paris Saint-Germain and

Mohamed Sissoko have agreed to terminate the player's contract with the capital club.

"He is now out of contract and free to sign with another European club."

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 03 Sep 2013 12:08

Haven't we already got midfield ball-winners in:-
Akpan
Jem
Ledge
Williams
I would have thought that our more pressing needs are at the back and up front rather than in the middle.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Sep 2013 12:09

Ledge isn't good enough at this level, and Akpan is, at best, unproven.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Sep 2013 12:12

BR2 Haven't we already got midfield ball-winners in:-
Akpan
Jem
Ledge
Williams
I would have thought that our more pressing needs are at the back and up front rather than in the middle.

The worst part of Akpan's game is his tackling.

Harrydog

by Harrydog » 03 Sep 2013 12:14

bbc reporting he is favourite to now join Stoke

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 03 Sep 2013 12:19

kwik-silva Ledge isn't good enough at this level, and Akpan is, at best, unproven.

Have you forgotten "this level" is now the Championship?
We bought Akpan as a Premiership club so presumably Brian and Hammond's judgement isn't that poor is it that Akpan might not even be good enough at this level?
Mind you,I question all of their judgement when Robson-Kanu gets a 3 year contract.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Sep 2013 12:22

lemontree I heard that Adkins and Hammond wernt overly keen on him and that a small hiccup in the medical gave them the excuse they wanted not to sign him

Couldn't they have used the fact they weren't keen on him as an excuse not to sign him?

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 03 Sep 2013 12:24

Pepe the Horseman
Akpan
Jem
Ledge
Williams

It's typical racism that people think Akpan is a defensive midfielder.

Tommio

by Tommio » 03 Sep 2013 12:25

Harrydog bbc reporting he is favourite to now join Stoke

You got that off football rumours...

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 03 Sep 2013 12:25

Harrydog bbc reporting he is favourite to now join Stoke

Where? - can't see that on the BBC site

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Sep 2013 12:27

MouldyRoyal
Pepe the Horseman
Akpan
Jem
Ledge
Williams

It's typical racism that people think Akpan is a defensive midfielder.

Fo sho

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 03 Sep 2013 12:29

Hungary Royal Well perhaps the deals that went rather sour were more Plan Z than Plan B, never know. Just saying that it rather stinks that every transfer deadline day, we end up missing out on key signings. Is it not a coincidence since Squeaky clean Hammond has been DOF the deals have gone pear-shaped most often? Just asking

you wont be hungry after you eat a face full o MEH!

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

ha!

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 03 Sep 2013 12:32

Akpan
Jem
Ledge
Williams

Yes but none of them would take the ref, the player and the ball before pointing to the ball and going 'Zat iz mine, beet-ches!'

fruits

by fruits » 03 Sep 2013 13:16

This possible signing worries me. He has a chequered career to say the least .3 years and out at each club leaving not on the best of terms from what I can see, only averages about 20 games a season for each club.

This type of character I do not like in my club,he picks up bookings for fun.With him and Drenthe we see players who play one good game then have five stinkers,I know this isn´t true of Drenthe at the moment it will happen, it always has. A cold wet day or night at Barnsley, Doncaster then they will be seen in their true light.

So disappointed with the lack of signings, not surprising really I forecast it in an earlier post.Lost one player, lost one sicknote,still have the Pig . Am as depressed now as I was with Tommy Burns and Terry Bullivant.

The club is taking the fans for mugs ,telling lies all the time."We are going to sign 7 players, 3 players" etc. I have to debate whether to renew my Reading World subscription, at the moment doubt I will . I have been a fan for 57 years, ok we have never been a top club, but I love it with all my heart, it saddens me to see the direction which it is going , we are signing players who have questionable characters, journeymen I think is the" in" word. We sign players like the Pig, his record at Fulham was based on a hat trick he scored , other than that his record was very ordinary.

I was brought up on honest men Bomber Reeves,Dick Spiers, Johnny Walker men who would walk through walls for their club. I know people will say yes but we were in Division 3 South, or the 3rd Division with them. So be it then I would prefer that to liars and cheats, that we have now.. I know the world has changed and will never return to the way it was, money is the new god. When a player can earn more in a year than a worker can earn in 50 years the world is crazy. I haven´t many years left to "enjoy" this wonderful new world , thank God.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Sep 2013 13:19

Likening the current situation to those under Burns and Bullivant is typical of the kind of monstrous overreaction which gives our supporters a bad name, and furthermore.....cont pg 94.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Sep 2013 13:24

BR2
kwik-silva Ledge isn't good enough at this level, and Akpan is, at best, unproven.

Have you forgotten "this level" is now the Championship?
We bought Akpan as a Premiership club so presumably Brian and Hammond's judgement isn't that poor is it that Akpan might not even be good enough at this level?
Mind you,I question all of their judgement when Robson-Kanu gets a 3 year contract.

We bought Blackman at Premier League level too. He's tearing them to pieces, right?

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 03 Sep 2013 13:36

fruits When a player can earn more in a year than a worker can earn in 50 years the world is crazy.

"A worker?" - alright there Karl, chill out. There are myriad careers these days, not just "worker" and "bourgeoisie".

Which reminds me... Why do Marxists drink herbal tea?

Because all proper tea is theft.

516 posts