Summer Rebuild 2016/2017

375 posts
RoyalJones

Re: Summer Rebuild 2016/2017

by RoyalJones » 10 Aug 2016 09:33

Cooper was apparently as useful as a chocolate teapot yesterday, off the basis of that, do you think we will need one defender or more?

What full backs should we be looking at? Borthwick Jackson could be good

And finally, I like the look of Gyasi Zardes and we were linked with him last summer, does anyone else like him or has anyone else seen him?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Aug 2016 09:41

RoyalJones Cooper was apparently as useful as a chocolate teapot yesterday, off the basis of that, do you think we will need one defender or more?

And finally, I like the look of Gyasi Zardes and we were linked with him last summer, does anyone else like him or has anyone else seen him?

Cooper needs to have a season working with the ball and developing his comfortability in possession. If he can master that quickly he will have a very very bright future at the top level of the game. If Stam can't succeed with him then he will be your typical very British style of defender which can be very hit and miss. He is still talented enough to play the game to a decent professional standard though.

As to fullbacks, I think we should be looking at Rico Henry at Walsall - but as that would mean spending money it's probably a going to be a non-starter

Tommio

by Tommio » 10 Aug 2016 10:30

RoyalJones

He signed a new contract after all the rumours died down, think he's going to be staying with the Galaxy. However I watch a fair amount of the MLS and there are far better players we should be looking at with much better scoring records. Cyle Larin is in his second pro season and has scored 12 goals I think and is 4th or 3rd top scorer. He broke the record for the most goals scored by a rookie last season. He's got a great first touch, really strong and great in the air. He's the one we should be going for.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Aug 2016 20:28

RoyalJones Cooper was apparently as useful as a chocolate teapot yesterday, off the basis of that, do you think we will need one defender or more?

Are chocolate teapots useless?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Aug 2016 23:11

NewCorkSeth

Yep
Unless you want an ornament and you keep it below room temperature

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Aug 2016 09:15

bcubed
NewCorkSeth

Yep

Or you like your chocolate treats in interesting shapes.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 11 Aug 2016 14:32

Is a teapot ever really a teapot until it has contained tea?

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 11 Aug 2016 14:37

Sutekh

Cooper needs to have a season working with the ball and developing his comfortability in possession. If he can master that quickly he will have a very very bright future at the top level of the game. If Stam can't succeed with him then he will be your typical very British style of defender which can be very hit and miss. He is still talented enough to play the game to a decent professional standard though.

As to fullbacks, I think we should be looking at Rico Henry at Walsall - but as that would mean spending money it's probably a going to be a non-starter

Yeah I think Henry is still like 19, and it will take more than 3 million to bring him here so I think this one is a none starter unfortunately. If Stam can not change Cooper, I don't think anyone can.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 11 Aug 2016 14:37

Tommio
RoyalJones

He signed a new contract after all the rumours died down, think he's going to be staying with the Galaxy. However I watch a fair amount of the MLS and there are far better players we should be looking at with much better scoring records. Cyle Larin is in his second pro season and has scored 12 goals I think and is 4th or 3rd top scorer. He broke the record for the most goals scored by a rookie last season. He's got a great first touch, really strong and great in the air. He's the one we should be going for.

Is Larin fast?

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 11 Aug 2016 14:38

NewCorkSeth

They are indeed

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 11 Aug 2016 14:39

bcubed
NewCorkSeth

Yep

Good point

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 11 Aug 2016 14:39

Royal Ginger Is a teapot ever really a teapot until it has contained tea?

I think so in my opinion

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 11 Aug 2016 14:41

Has anyone seen Newcastle might bid 25 million for Insigne, our transfer record buy is ten times less than that!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Aug 2016 14:53

They can bid what they like for him, doesn't mean its going to happen. Like when we bid £10m for Sig.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Aug 2016 15:15

RoyalJones

I think so in my opinion

Then how would you buy a teapot?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Aug 2016 16:52

NewCorkSeth
RoyalJones

I think so in my opinion

I'd go to Amazon, type in "teapot" and browse for one I liked. Then I'd add it to my basket and complete the necessary monetary transaction.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Aug 2016 17:42

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth
RoyalJones I think so in my opinion

I'd go to Amazon, type in "teapot" and browse for one I liked. Then I'd add it to my basket and complete the necessary monetary transaction.

Yes but unless its second hand or the company have some kind of testing process that means they make a pot of tea in every pot before selling them then their opinion would suggest that is not a teapot.. Thusly I suggest its impossible for them to buy a teapot.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 11 Aug 2016 18:03

NewCorkSeth Yes but unless its second hand or the company have some kind of testing process that means they make a pot of tea in every pot before selling them then their opinion would suggest that is not a teapot.. Thusly I suggest its impossible for them to buy a teapot.

So when you buy fireworks, do you insist that the shopkeeper tests them first to prove that they will explode as advertised, or do you take it on trust that what is described as a firework is indeed a firework?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Aug 2016 19:50

Upper West Ginger
NewCorkSeth Yes but unless its second hand or the company have some kind of testing process that means they make a pot of tea in every pot before selling them then their opinion would suggest that is not a teapot.. Thusly I suggest its impossible for them to buy a teapot.

So when you buy fireworks, do you insist that the shopkeeper tests them first to prove that they will explode as advertised, or do you take it on trust that what is described as a firework is indeed a firework?

I think you have misunderstood me.
Above posters are quoted as saying that a teapot is not a teapot unless it has contained tea. My point was if a teapot has not contained tea then what would you call a teapot that has never contained tea?
You seem to have put me on the side of the argument I was arguing against.
As you say a sensible person would trust that a teapot is a teapot regardless of whether someone has used it to make tea already.
Also fireworks are illegal in Ireland so I have no experience in that department.

Tommio

by Tommio » 11 Aug 2016 19:53

RoyalJones
Tommio
RoyalJones

Is Larin fast?

He's not fast, but he's certainly not slow considering his build.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lsngwxY1Yak

375 posts