SPECULATION: Andrey Arshavin

464 posts
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION: Andrey Arshavin

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Jan 2013 18:19

USA_Loyal_Royal
LoyalRoyal22 This is probably rubbish but I've heard arsenal want federici as part of the deal, but its stalled as we trying to get lee camp as a replacement for 700k first

hm interesting, i dont think this is true because why would arsenal want feds? he isnt class enough to play for arsenal sadly.

Yeh funnily enough a arsenal and forest fan came up with this. Just thought i would repeat what i heard. Managed to get the Gunter info before anyone else from the same guy though

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 02 Jan 2013 18:41

LoyalRoyal22
USA_Loyal_Royal
LoyalRoyal22 This is probably rubbish but I've heard arsenal want federici as part of the deal, but its stalled as we trying to get lee camp as a replacement for 700k first

hm interesting, i dont think this is true because why would arsenal want feds? he isnt class enough to play for arsenal sadly.

Yeh funnily enough a arsenal and forest fan came up with this. Just thought i would repeat what i heard. Managed to get the Gunter info before anyone else from the same guy though

interesting. i do hope it works out and we do get arshavin. i believe he could be our saviour.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 02 Jan 2013 18:45

My irrational hate for Federici and his ego would love this to be true, but it isn't. Arshavin is available and Arsenal want money for him. The idea of them asking for Feds or no deal is just ludicrous.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Jan 2013 18:48

SPARTA My irrational hate for Federici and his ego would love this to be true, but it isn't. Arshavin is available and Arsenal want money for him. The idea of them asking for Feds or no deal is just ludicrous.

Maybe, i agree. But, i would have Feds on the bench over Manonne

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Jan 2013 18:53

[/quote]
interesting. i do hope it works out and we do get arshavin. i believe he could be our saviour.[/quote]

Yeh i agree. Would be awesome

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Jan 2013 18:57

Does anyone have any fresh news with this?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 03 Jan 2013 12:30

LoyalRoyal22 Does anyone have any fresh news with this?

According to the Daily Mail, Arshavin has rejected a move to us in favour of going to PSV.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 03 Jan 2013 12:31

LoyalRoyal22 Does anyone have any fresh news with this?

Hot off the press - we never had a chance.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 12:33

No surprises. If he had come I'm not sure how motivated and effective he;d have been, seeing as he's shown absolutely zero enthusiasm throughout the wole process.

I'd rather have someone crap and hungry to succeed than someone good who can't be arsed and is only here for the money.

Royal Dee

by Royal Dee » 03 Jan 2013 12:37

Alexander Litvinenko crap and hungry.

How i felt away at wigan this year... :D

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jan 2013 12:40

Alexander Litvinenko No surprises. If he had come I'm not sure how motivated and effective he;d have been, seeing as he's shown absolutely zero enthusiasm throughout the wole process.

I'd rather have someone crap and hungry to succeed than someone good who can't be arsed and is only here for the money.

I think it's sad. Exactly the kind of talent who could have turned our season round.

Rogic just won't do the trick.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 03 Jan 2013 12:44

Archie's penalty
Alexander Litvinenko No surprises. If he had come I'm not sure how motivated and effective he;d have been, seeing as he's shown absolutely zero enthusiasm throughout the wole process.

I think it's sad. Exactly the kind of talent who could have turned our season round.

Rogic just won't do the trick.

Young, talented and wants to prove his worth vs old, tired, in it for the money Russian. I'd take Rogic, thanks.

It will take more than Arshavin to save us anyway!

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 03 Jan 2013 12:56

So is this officially off then, the just said on SSN that our interest is strong and genuine but both clubs say a deal is unlikely. Where have we heard that before? Get it done Anton

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 13:03

LightwaterRoyal So is this officially off then, the just said on SSN that our interest is strong and genuine but both clubs say a deal is unlikely. Where have we heard that before? Get it done Anton

Get it done??? How? He doesn't want to come here!

Throwing more money at him isn't going to make him want to play for us more. It'll just mean more money wasted on a player with no enthusiasm who's just here to pick up the dosh.

This is real life with real people - not a computer game.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jan 2013 13:14

Alexander Litvinenko
LightwaterRoyal So is this officially off then, the just said on SSN that our interest is strong and genuine but both clubs say a deal is unlikely. Where have we heard that before? Get it done Anton

Throwing more money at him isn't going to make him want to play for us more. It'll just mean more money wasted on a player with no enthusiasm who's just here to pick up the dosh.

I know. But I'm an intelligent person and I think Arshavin on a short-term deal would be great for the club. A long-term contract would, of course, not be.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 13:17

As long as he's bought into the idea - yes it would. But at all stages he appears to have absolutely no enthusiasm for it, so I have no confidence that tempting him here through more money would ever brings us the player we wanted.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jan 2013 13:21

If that's the case then he's not right for the club, yes. Shame as I would have thought he'd enjoy linking up again with Pog.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 03 Jan 2013 13:23

Alexander Litvinenko As long as he's bought into the idea - yes it would. But at all stages he appears to have absolutely no enthusiasm for it, so I have no confidence that tempting him here through more money would ever brings us the player we wanted.

Totally agree. Going by the 'enthusiasm' he showed in the League Cup match in October, I really wouldn't bother with him.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 03 Jan 2013 13:23

Alexander Litvinenko

Sorry I didnt realise you had spoken to him personally, if he has told you he doesnt want to come here than I will take your word for it.

Until I see him agree a new deal at Arsenal or sign for a club that isnt Reading than Im not giving up hope.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 13:27

LightwaterRoyal
Alexander Litvinenko

Sorry I didnt realise you had spoken to him personally, if he has told you he doesnt want to come here than I will take your word for it.

Until I see him agree a new deal at Arsenal or sign for a club that isnt Reading than Im not giving up hope.

All the sources say that he has shown no interest in this - and for all the sources to be quite so consistent as this is is rare so that suggests it's spot on.

Would you really want him here just to pick up the money when his heart's not in it? :shock:

464 posts