RUMOUR: Mohamed Sissoko

516 posts
Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR: Mohamed Sissoko

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Sep 2013 14:40

Uke File along with "We bid 10 million for the Sig"

Indeed.

This one seemed a bit further down the line though. I wonder exactly where it fell down. I would imagine, if he's sat at the Madejski, the club are already aware of his wage demands.

I guess, from the statement, we made him an offer and he's used the publicity from his appointment with us to see what else was out there.

Doolittle

by Doolittle » 03 Sep 2013 14:42

While Sissoko might be a step up in quality, his past record consistently shows him as a 20-game a season man, so would he really be the guy to make the key difference to a 46-game championship season ?

I wonder if it might be a blessing in disguise if he does end up elsewhere. Better to save the wages for LB, CB and ST options later in the season ?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Sep 2013 14:43

Scutterbucketz

Indeed.

This one seemed a bit further down the line though. I wonder exactly where it fell down. I would imagine, if he's sat at the Madejski, the club are already aware of his wage demands.

I guess, from the statement, we made him an offer and he's used the publicity from his appointment with us to see what else was out there.

I once went into an Aston Martin showroom, looked at the cars and asked for a catalogue and price list

Couldn't afford one though...

Esteban

by Esteban » 03 Sep 2013 14:45

Scutterbucketz

Indeed.

Couldn't blame him if he did. He was playing for the French champions in the Champions League last season.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Sep 2013 14:47

Absolutely.

Were the club naive to go after him then?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 03 Sep 2013 14:49

We dont oxf*rd need Sissoko, we need a forward and have done all summer.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 Sep 2013 15:08

Am I the only person on here who can read English and understands that "may continue" means "are allowed to continue" as he's out of contract and not "might continue" if the club cann be bothered?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 03 Sep 2013 15:12

Silver Fox Am I the only person on here who can read English and understands that "may continue" means "are allowed to continue" as he's out of contract and not "might continue" if the club cann be bothered?

But now will loads of other clubs - don't be surprised if Palace and Ian the pcunt Holloway suddenly come in for him

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Sep 2013 15:18

If the rumours of someone going crazy last night are true, it sounds like the agent didn't get their own way with Hammond and managed to get the contract with PSG cancelled to let them get deals elsewhere.

Good on Hammond for not just caving in to agent demands. I'm really not sure we need Sissoko.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 03 Sep 2013 15:50

Silver Fox Am I the only person on here who can read English and understands that "may continue" means "are allowed to continue" as he's out of contract and not "might continue" if the club cann be bothered?

Possibly. Or it could be that you aren't reading between the lines, which basically are that he won't be coming here.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Sep 2013 16:00

PieEater If the rumours of someone going crazy last night are true, it sounds like the agent didn't get their own way with Hammond and managed to get the contract with PSG cancelled to let them get deals elsewhere.

Good on Hammond for not just caving in to agent demands. I'm really not sure we need Sissoko.

Sissoko >>>>>>>>>> Karacan. On that basis, he would be a good signing.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Sep 2013 16:13

Sanguine
PieEater If the rumours of someone going crazy last night are true, it sounds like the agent didn't get their own way with Hammond and managed to get the contract with PSG cancelled to let them get deals elsewhere.

Sissoko >>>>>>>>>> Karacan. On that basis, he would be a good signing.

As long as it does not mean Williams getting even more reduced time then fine

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 03 Sep 2013 16:18

More likely Hammond n Howe were putting undue pressure on Sissoko to sign last night, for PR reasons. The agent may have chosen that point to explain that there was no rush as his PSG contract had been cancelled and, anyway, Sissoko had already had other offers from other European clubs.

Question Mark

by Question Mark » 03 Sep 2013 16:41

Surely, this whole cancelled contract thing, means that any player can be signed at any time?!?
The signing club would just have to agree to compensate a player for the cost of buying themselves out of their current contract?

:?:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Sep 2013 16:43

M Brook

More likely Hammond n Howe were putting undue pressure on Sissoko to sign last night, for PR reasons. The agent may have chosen that point to explain that there was no rush as his PSG contract had been cancelled and, anyway, Sissoko had already had other offers from other European clubs.

Sorry but the agents are out to screw everyone, I really can't see anyone but a greedy agent being the villan in this charade.

Good on Hammond for not caving in.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Sep 2013 16:43

Question Mark Surely, this whole cancelled contract thing, means that any player can be signed at any time?!?
The signing club would just have to agree to compensate a player for the cost of buying themselves out of their current contract?

I think the contract needs to be cancelled within the transfer window. So Sissoko's contract would have been cancelled before 11pm last night.

Question Mark

by Question Mark » 03 Sep 2013 16:45

Pepe the Horseman
Question Mark Surely, this whole cancelled contract thing, means that any player can be signed at any time?!?

I think the contract needs to be cancelled within the transfer window. So Sissoko's contract would have been cancelled before 11pm last night.

Ah Si, so with our offer in his pocket, he has cancelled his contract and is now free to tout himself about.
Last edited by Question Mark on 03 Sep 2013 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Sep 2013 16:46

I thought contracts could be cancelled at any time if both parties agree. The only gotcha is not playing for more than 2 clubs in a season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Sep 2013 16:47

Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Sep 2013 16:51

So you can cancel the contract at any time, but just not resign someone who's contract was cancelled at the wrong time as they are not a "free agent".

516 posts