RUMOUR - Lita & Shorey on the way out

702 posts
Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Aug 2007 12:59

If we miss Shorey as much as we've missed Sidwell (that ginger bloke - anyone remember him ?)..................

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 20 Aug 2007 13:01

Franchise FC
Scarface There is definitely something to this, as spotted by others his body language is all wrong. I reckon Coppell has told him he has to hand in a transfer request, then he can go, so he's got the hump.

He's a great player, but if he sulks for 2 seasons then I'd rather we sold him now.

With respect, he's not a great player - a damn good one that I wouldn't want us to lose, but that's all.

He's got a wonderful left foot and adds greatly to our attacking options when he gets forward. I would be disappointed to lose him.

That said, he's not the quickest player around and gets done for pace too often for my liking particulary when he gets caught out of position which he has tendency to be.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Aug 2007 13:15

Behindu
Scarface There is definitely something to this, as spotted by others his body language is all wrong. I reckon Coppell has told him he has to hand in a transfer request, then he can go, so he's got the hump.

He's a great player, but if he sulks for 2 seasons then I'd rather we sold him now.

If that was the case then he wouldn;t be sulking, he'd have handed in a transfer request.

FWIW I saw Shorey before the game in a non public environment and he was in good spirits, no hint of a sulk.

Assuming we have had no bid (and Coppell says we haven;t) then speculation about him wanting a mmove is a bit irrelevant. The press having been making a big thing of WHU's interest for weeks but West Ham seem strangely reluctant to follow it through. He's obviously not that high on their list....

He wouldn't be the first player who's form has suffered due to transfer speculation though, even if he's not exactly in a sulk over it.

It could also just be his way, and that he's having a dip in form for some other reason.

Maybe teams have picked up on how import he is to our system of play and are putting more pressure on him?

Maybe his misses is up the duff and he's a bit distracted?

Maybe he's just missing his pall Sidwell!

One thing we do know is that he's turned down the clubs offer of a longer contract. He also knows that he could probably double his money and move to a club with real ambitions to win things if he plays his cards right.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 20 Aug 2007 13:18

Jesus, you're not still trying to pander your rubbish. :roll:

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 20 Aug 2007 13:18

Starting to sound like some of these posters actually want him to go... :roll:

Thats one way to support your team I suppose.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Aug 2007 13:23

Hoop Blah He also knows that he could probably double his money and move to a club with real ambitions to win things if he plays his cards right.

No clubs that fit that bill have been interested though, maybe that is why he is sulking !

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 20 Aug 2007 13:31

In my opinion if Shorey goes then that the only reason we need to be worried about relegation. He is a class left back, we dont have a lined up replacement, he also knows how we defend.

if we get rid of him it would be a huge mistake.

All of those suggesting that his body language is wrong and perhaps we're better of without him should contemplate who exactly we'll get in at left back....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Aug 2007 13:34

Don't think any one has suggested for a second we'd be better off without him, just that on Saturday his body language was all wrong particularly in the first half - the reasons for that I don't know.

Maybe he didn't like the wind blowing the rain in his face.

To say that losing Shorey would equal a relegation battle is also a little far fetched in my mind.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Aug 2007 14:08

Do you all go to work/school and perform to your very best every day ?

Even on days when you get the job done, do you always have a smile on your face and not a care in the world ?

We don't know if NS has got any home issues, and isn't playing as well as he can DESPITE issues.

Sit back, relax, wait until 1st September and see where we are.

(God, I thought the close season speculation was over)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 20 Aug 2007 14:18

Stranded Don't think any one has suggested for a second we'd be better off without him, just that on Saturday his body language was all wrong particularly in the first half - the reasons for that I don't know.

Maybe he didn't like the wind blowing the rain in his face.

To say that losing Shorey would equal a relegation battle is also a little far fetched in my mind.

I didn't notice any of this body language shit, but then maybe I didn't pay attention in my pop-psychology classes; I just remember Shorey battling it out against Drogba on Wednesday refusing to let him push him off the ball ... and that didn't look like a guy with no fight in him. Other than that I didn't notice any difference, other than that he didn't stand out as much as in some other games (e.g. West Ham).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Aug 2007 14:25

Not sure of Weds relevance when I was talking about Saturday's game.

A lot of people near me also felt there was something off about him certainly during the first half Saturday. My initial thoughts were that he may be off but as the player to leave is now known, I won't speculate as to why.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Aug 2007 14:35

Stranded Not sure of Weds relevance when I was talking about Saturday's game.

A lot of people near me also felt there was something off about him certainly during the first half Saturday. My initial thoughts were that he may be off but as the player to leave is now known, I won't speculate as to why.

Maybe the England specualtion is getting to him
Maybe his wife is ill
Maybe his mother is ill
Maybe the bloody cat is ill
Maybe he had a dodgy curry the night before and felt like sh!t

He isn't going to react the same way all the time

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Aug 2007 14:39

Franchise FC
Stranded Not sure of Weds relevance when I was talking about Saturday's game.

Maybe the England specualtion is getting to him
Maybe his wife is ill
Maybe his mother is ill
Maybe the bloody cat is ill
Maybe he had a dodgy curry the night before and felt like sh!t

He isn't going to react the same way all the time

Christ on a bike, I was just saying it was out of character in comparison to how I've normally seen the player react and play for the club over the years.

I've said that I felt it could be a sign he was leaving but going by the fact of what has been said today I accept that to probably be incorrect.

It was just an observation and one noted by others at the game on Saturday also. It's not a personal attack on the bloke.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Aug 2007 14:54

Stranded Christ on a bike, I was just saying it was out of character in comparison to how I've normally seen the player react and play for the club over the years.

I've said that I felt it could be a sign he was leaving but going by the fact of what has been said today I accept that to probably be incorrect.

It was just an observation and one noted by others at the game on Saturday also. It's not a personal attack on the bloke.

Was he on the same bike as Blakey ? :wink:
(see Spotted thread)

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 22 Aug 2007 10:29

The Sun says (22:08:07) that Shorey and Lita will not move before the deadline, so it must be true :roll:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Aug 2007 10:39

bobby m's syrup The Sun says (22:08:07) that Shorey and Lita will not move before the deadline, so it must be true :roll:

Actually, given how factually incorrect the Sun normally are, this is the worst kind of headline for us.

Wonder where they're going ?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 22 Aug 2007 11:02

Franchise FC
bobby m's syrup The Sun says (22:08:07) that Shorey and Lita will not move before the deadline, so it must be true :roll:

Actually, given how factually incorrect the Sun normally are, this is the worst kind of headline for us.

Wonder where they're going ?

West ham are currently performing medicals on both players

Melbguy

by Melbguy » 22 Aug 2007 12:06

Looks like he's staying at the moment.

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat ... 19678||1||

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Aug 2007 12:10

Melbguy Looks like he's staying at the moment.

From that forum :

The one factor still to be considered is the famous "August 29-30-31 Transfer \Window Panic" when players are bought and sold in panic at silly prices.
It is entirely reasonable to expect West Ham will take part in this after a relatively disappointing summer. Barnes might yet be involved in this...

WTF :shock: - Great to see that Curbs has excited the fans with his spending. :lol:

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Aug 2007 12:14

Melbguy Looks like he's staying at the moment.

Odd that ! It's what we've been saying...

Interesting that you think a bid was made whereas we say there was an 'enquiry' for an unspecified player (now looks likely to have been Sodje) but no bids.

702 posts