SPECULATION: Andrey Arshavin

464 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: SPECULATION: Andrey Arshavin

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jan 2013 13:29

I actually haven't seen a source saying he wasn't excited by the prospect. But I'll take your word for it.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 03 Jan 2013 13:31

Get it done??? How? He doesn't want to come here!

Throwing more money at him isn't going to make him want to play for us more. It'll just mean more money wasted on a player with no enthusiasm who's just here to pick up the dosh.

This is real life with real people - not a computer game.[/quote]

Sorry I didnt realise you had spoken to him personally, if he has told you he doesnt want to come here than I will take your word for it.

Until I see him agree a new deal at Arsenal or sign for a club that isnt Reading than Im not giving up hope.[/quote]

All the sources say that he has shown no interest in this - and for all the sources to be quite so consistent as this is is rare so that suggests it's spot on.

Would you really want him here just to pick up the money when his heart's not in it? :shock:[/quote]

If his hearts not in it then I would much prefer Rogic, but I havent seen anywhere that he isnt interested in joining us, just that a deal is unlikely. I think we are the best place for him and coming here on loan/six month contract is a win-win.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 03 Jan 2013 13:32

Archie's penalty I actually haven't seen a source saying he wasn't excited by the prospect. But I'll take your word for it.

Exactly, people seem to be jumping the gun a bit.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 13:43

Archie's penalty I actually haven't seen a source saying he wasn't excited by the prospect. But I'll take your word for it.

I have. This is just one from last week, from Russian newspaper Rossiyskay Gazeta :

Russian playmaker Andrey Arshavin won’t be swapping Arsenal for Reading this winter as he’s unsatisfied with the salary offered by the side stuck in the English Premier League’s relegation zone.

­.... the club, owned by the Russian businessman Anton Zingarevich, are eager to pay Arshavin £65,000 per week.

But 31-year-old says it’s not enough as he gets currently has a weekly salary of £80,000 at Arsenal.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jan 2013 13:46

Alexander Litvinenko

I have. This is just one from last week, from Russian newspaper Rossiyskay Gazeta :

Russian playmaker Andrey Arshavin won’t be swapping Arsenal for Reading this winter as he’s unsatisfied with the salary offered by the side stuck in the English Premier League’s relegation zone.

­.... the club, owned by the Russian businessman Anton Zingarevich, are eager to pay Arshavin £65,000 per week.

But 31-year-old says it’s not enough as he gets currently has a weekly salary of £80,000 at Arsenal.

Do you have the original article in Russian? I'd say that's not too damning actually. It's clear he's holding out for 80k a week. Nothing wrong with that.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 03 Jan 2013 13:57

Sadly not, no. But the other thing that persuades me it's always been a non-starter is what we've not been hearing - all the little clues you always get before a domestic transfer like this happens have been completely absent.

Also some Arsenal sources say it's just never been a possibility - his heart is completely set on retiring to the Middle-East at the end of the year. He just wants an easy life and to either see out his contract at Arsenal or to join a "glamour team" somewhere in Europe where he can take it easy and have a stroll for a few months - he's definitely not one for a hard-fought relegation struggle.

Everything about this screams to me that it's not going to happen - and that if for some reason it does it'd be an expensive disaster if it happens.

The attitude of someone who won't come here for £65k a week but will for £80k is hardly the type of relegation-fighter we need.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 03 Jan 2013 14:05

Alexander Litvinenko The attitude of someone who won't come here for £65k a week but will for £80k is hardly the type of relegation-fighter we need.

Absolutely. In fact I'd go as far to say I'm not interested in us signing anyone who isn't prepared to play for free.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jan 2013 14:10

Alexander Litvinenko Sadly not, no. But the other thing that persuades me it's always been a non-starter is what we've not been hearing - all the little clues you always get before a domestic transfer like this happens have been completely absent.

Also some Arsenal sources say it's just never been a possibility - his heart is completely set on retiring to the Middle-East at the end of the year. He just wants an easy life and to either see out his contract at Arsenal or to join a "glamour team" somewhere in Europe where he can take it easy and have a stroll for a few months - he's definitely not one for a hard-fought relegation struggle.

Everything about this screams to me that it's not going to happen - and that if for some reason it does it'd be an expensive disaster if it happens.

The attitude of someone who won't come here for £65k a week but will for £80k is hardly the type of relegation-fighter we need.

I think it may just happen but if it doesn't I won't be too disappointed.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Jan 2013 14:11

So it is the money that's a factor then? It's not that he's not interested in Reading like you said?

Alexander Litvinenko Get it done??? How? He doesn't want to come here!

Throwing more money at him isn't going to make him want to play for us more. It'll just mean more money wasted on a player with no enthusiasm who's just here to pick up the dosh.

This is real life with real people - not a computer game.

He's obviously not going to come here just to play games whilst sucking up a £40k per week cut in wages!

If we think he's got it in him to do what he needs to in order to be more effective than our other options then I think he'd be a very good addition. I think you said the same when Roberts was lined up Dirk, sometimes you have to trust the club to get it right when they make a judgement on the players motivation.

I've not seen anything to suggest he's not interested, just that he might be more interested going elsewhere, which isn't surprising when you look at the league table!

For what it's worth, I doubt this will happen, but if it did I can't see us doing much more than a loan deal until the end of the season with some options for both sides to make it a perm deal if we stay up.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 03 Jan 2013 14:12

Andrey Arshavin I am really, really, really not interested in playing for Reading, Arsenal or anyone for that matter. I want to own a cat shop in mother Russia.

There you go, a quote.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Jan 2013 14:45

noelgallagher
Andrey Arshavin I am really, really, really not interested in playing for Reading, Arsenal or anyone for that matter. I want to own a cat shop in mother Russia.

There you go, a quote.

BS.

He hates cats.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 03 Jan 2013 14:56

2 world wars, 1 world cup
noelgallagher

There you go, a quote.

BS.

He hates cats.

Plays like a pussy though.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Jan 2013 15:50

There is zero chance of Arshavin coming to play for Reading. Even less given the position we're in in the league and the fact that under Brian, McAnuff would probably keep Arshavin out of the starting line up.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 03 Jan 2013 16:36

PSV is looking likely for Arshavin now. Would of been a win win situation if we had managed a 6 month deal however think we can forget about this now.

larry1971

by larry1971 » 03 Jan 2013 17:17

well just watching SSN and they have said despite both clubs being interested a deal is unlikey to happen.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2013 18:36

larry1971 well just watching SSN and they have said despite both clubs being interested a deal is unlikey to happen.

Well, that's that then, SKY are well reknowned for getting all news accurate.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 03 Jan 2013 18:37

Didn't want him to start with! Lazy money grabber

royal67

by royal67 » 04 Jan 2013 11:02

Looks like this is off:

Andrei Arshavin has rejected a 6 month loan deal to Reading.

The Premier League strugglers met with the Russian international, but were unable to come to an agreement that would see him move to the Madjeski Stadium until the end of the season.

It would also have brought Arshavin to the end of his Arsenal contract. Having joined the club for £13m in January 2009, and starting with an incredible bang, his career has dwindled to the point of non-existence.

He was sent packing on loan last February and this summer was offered to Zenit and a number of other Russian clubs for free, but despite some interest no move was forthcoming because he did not want to leave London.

It remains to be seen if Reading, or another Premier League club, will rekindle their interest in him. If not he’ll see out his Arsenal contract, making the bench every now and again, maybe, or thrust into action because of an injury crisis.

Source: http://news.arseblog.com/2013/01/arshav ... ws+site%29

CzechRoyal

by CzechRoyal » 04 Jan 2013 11:13

Shame. He's never going to play at Arsenal and he used to be a great player before he mucked his career up.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 04 Jan 2013 14:00

pagey1066 says...
Live in reading and just seen arshavin arrive at training ground ahead of proposed move to reading. Official source

From Sky Sports

464 posts