SPECULATION - Charlie Austin

483 posts
tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION - Charlie Austin

by tomrfcurz » 12 Jan 2011 10:22

LoyalRoyal22 hopefully this deal back on, as we not getting BWP. fingers crossed

BWP - £300,000
Austin - £1,500,000

Wouldn't bet on it

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 12 Jan 2011 10:23

this deal was never on in the first place

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 12 Jan 2011 10:25

rfcjoe Get ready for it...

Excuse me..... :?: .............. :roll:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 12 Jan 2011 10:26

LoyalRoyal22 hopefully this deal back on, as we not getting BWP. fingers crossed

Back on? It was never on in the first place. We made our interest known, they quoted their valuation and we ran a mile. I can't see why we would suddenly stump up the money required to get this lad. I'd be over the moon if we did though.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Jan 2011 10:30

on BWP

Maybe we'll knock them down to 150K and 8K to BWP instead of 10K?

150+34 = 184K saved this season, makes the gamble a bit better.

But sadly I think it's dead.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 12 Jan 2011 10:31

After signing of Williams the quote will be rolled out.

"We believe that we have signed a player who very much fits the mold of a Reading player"

and a few hours later

"We do not believe that we require any more players in this window. We have the quality of team to push on for promotion to the premiership"

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Jan 2011 10:32

bigmike After signing of Williams the quote will be rolled out.

"We believe that we have signed a player who very much fits the mold of a Reading player"

and a few hours later

"We do not believe that we require any more players in this window. We have the quality of team to push on for promotion to the premiership"

and BWP scores a hat-trick on Saturday?

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 12 Jan 2011 10:33

Snowball on BWP

150+34 = 184K saved this season, makes the gamble a bit better.

But sadly I think it's dead.

Don't be so ridiculous. You want the club to commit to a contract and pay an injury prone striker that can't train on hard or frozen pitches £8,000 a week? "Makes the gamble a bit better." Honestly!!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Jan 2011 10:37

roadrunner

Back on? It was never on in the first place. We made our interest known, they quoted their valuation and we ran a mile. I can't see why we would suddenly stump up the money required to get this lad. I'd be over the moon if we did though.

Agree it was never on in the 1st place and the BWP deal I think better to be safe than sorry.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Jan 2011 19:14

roadrunner
Snowball on BWP

150+34 = 184K saved this season, makes the gamble a bit better. But sadly I think it's dead.

Don't be so ridiculous. You want the club to commit to a contract and pay an injury prone striker that can't train on hard or frozen pitches £8,000 a week? "Makes the gamble a bit better." Honestly!!

The club knew BEFORE they opened negotiations, that the player had a dodgy-knee history.

At 300K and 10K for 2.5 years the risk outweighs what he can bring... but we might've taken that risk if he was on a free and say 7-8K a week instead of 10K, and maybe 1.5 seasons instead of 2.5

All I'm saying is that there's a line where they might've taken the risk

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Jan 2011 20:33

and a few hours later

i demand 10 pound when this doesnt happen

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Jan 2011 12:52

Looks like Austin is champing at the bit now...

Swindon Town hot-shot Charlie Austin has spoken to skysports.com about speculation surrounding his future.

Austin is disappointed Swindon rejected an offer from Hull and he would be open to the prospect of discussing a move to a higher level.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 13 Jan 2011 12:55

brendywendy

and a few hours later

i demand 10 pound when this doesnt happen

I will donate £10 to a charity tin if this does not happen ... Its happened after every other transfer for the last god knows how long

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 13 Jan 2011 20:15

I think Austin has put buying clubs in a better bargaining position following that comment. Hopefully we may put a cheeky bid in.

My gut feeling is that even if we offered a shitload, Austin may not want to come to us seeing as we didn't give him the chance to prove himself. We let him go because we thought he would never be good enough. This could put him in two minds - one being that he hates us and would never join us again, the other being that he is determined to prove his doubters wrong and play for us.

Either way, we'll probably not bid.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jan 2011 20:39

NR_Royal I think Austin has put buying clubs in a better bargaining position following that comment. Hopefully we may put a cheeky bid in.

My gut feeling is that even if we offered a shitload, Austin may not want to come to us seeing as we didn't give him the chance to prove himself. We let him go because we thought he would never be good enough. This could put him in two minds - one being that he hates us and would never join us again, the other being that he is determined to prove his doubters wrong and play for us.

Moving 40 miles to Reading is a far easier transition to make than going all the way up to Hull

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 13 Jan 2011 20:52

I would have thought a swap deal of Church,Robson-Kanu plus the £300,000 we were going to spend on BWP could be a deal clincher.
Poole Town are keeping everything crossed that a deal will be done as they will pick up money from a sell-on clause and we could insist on sell-on clauses for Church and HRK just in case they did come good bigstyle.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 13 Jan 2011 21:05

Victor Meldrew I would have thought a swap deal of Church,Robson-Kanu plus the £300,000 we were going to spend on BWP could be a deal clincher.
Poole Town are keeping everything crossed that a deal will be done as they will pick up money from a sell-on clause and we could insist on sell-on clauses for Church and HRK just in case they did come good bigstyle.

Or just send Church on loan there

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 13 Jan 2011 21:23

NR_Royal I think Austin has put buying clubs in a better bargaining position following that comment. Hopefully we may put a cheeky bid in.

Not quite true. It was a toss up between Church and Austin as we had too many young strikers on the books. Hammond forced him out because he wanted to justify spending money on Church. So off he went. I'd be surprised if he wanted to come back here or if we stumped up the cash.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 16 Jan 2011 16:17

Danny Wilson has confirmed that an unnamed club has made a bid for Charlie Austin.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 16 Jan 2011 16:26

Presumably the original bid from Hull that was way short of the £1.5m the club are demanding.

Swindon fans were unhappy with Austin yesterday. General view is he has gone off the boil because of the speculation.

483 posts