SPECULATION - Charlie Austin

483 posts
roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SPECULATION - Charlie Austin

by roadrunner » 17 Jan 2011 22:38

Basingstoke Royal I don't know how

The page wasn't changed when I looked. I've changed it from Swindon to Reading though just to show you that any old dipstick can do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Austin

Go to EDIT and then add text/delete text, then SAVE.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Jan 2011 22:43

Not too happy if Church and HRK go to Swindon in a swap deal plus cash though.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 17 Jan 2011 22:47

roadrunner
Basingstoke Royal I don't know how

The page wasn't changed when I looked. I've changed it from Swindon to Reading though just to show you that any old dipstick can do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Austin

Go to EDIT and then add text/delete text, then SAVE.

Thanks.

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 17 Jan 2011 22:52

No Hoops Austin to #readingfc gathering legs again tonight with plenty of rumours coming out of #stfc would be a great deal if true

From JF on twitter

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Jan 2011 22:53

Would be an interesting deal if true. Would be a shame to see R-K and Church go as I like to see our Academy lads in the team. Both have potential but on the other hand they both need to be regular starters and it is hard to see either of them getting that at RFC barring lots of injuries. It could be both are fed up with sitting on the bench and are pushing for first team football.

It would also explain the long delay in anything happening as it will be a very complex deal to negotiate (sell on fees etc).

If they are going the other way then hopefully we would not have to pay too much cash on top to secure Austin and Morrison.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Jan 2011 22:57

It might also explain why Churchy looked so lethargic against West Brom. He's been linked with Premiership clubs so to end up at Swindon would be a real let down.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 17 Jan 2011 23:00

PEARCEY It might also explain why Churchy looked so lethargic against West Brom. He's been linked with Premiership clubs so to end up at Swindon would be a real let down.

You'd think that would make him even more determined to use what little opportunity he had to make an impact.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Jan 2011 23:02

PEARCEY It might also explain why Churchy looked so lethargic against West Brom. He's been linked with Premiership clubs so to end up at Swindon would be a real let down.

Swindon >>>>>>>>>>>Liverpool at the moment :lol:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 17 Jan 2011 23:02

I'd feel for Church if he does go, but if we get Austin in return it's too good to turn down. As likable as Church is, he has never been a consistent goalscorer anywhere he's played, and that goes for L2 and L1. Perhaps a step backwards in order to go forwards is what he needs.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 17 Jan 2011 23:04

PEARCEY Not too happy if Church and HRK go to Swindon in a swap deal plus cash though.

^This.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Jan 2011 23:06

Thinking about it all the deal could be structured as loan deals to be finalised at the end of the season. We could lend them R-K, Church, Davies etc to help their relegation fight - whereas Austin could just help fire us to the PL - in which case we could pay a pre-agreed fee of say £2M.

Just a thought.

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 17 Jan 2011 23:13

I dont mind Hal going, but I do hope Church would only be a loan deal with the option to recall if any off the 3 strikers got injured.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 17 Jan 2011 23:16

Aren't we getting a tiny bit ahead of ourselves ?

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 17 Jan 2011 23:23

What I said is assuming that this does happen, always fun to speculate

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 17 Jan 2011 23:33

Can I give you my predictions on what will happen? NB - I have no inside knowledge on this one, just a hunch and 10+ years' experience of watching very closely how RFC operates.

- We were never that serious about signing BWP, that was just a part of the negotiations with STFC to show we were happy to go elsewhere when they quoted a price for Austin that we felt was too high. When they came back to us we didn't sign BWP.

- We will get Austin as he's been our target all along and our brinkmanship has worked.

- We will lose one or possibly both of Federici and/or Long - not to fund the new arrivals, but because we'll get an offer in for one of them that we won't be able to resist, and is over the value that we've agreed with them. I think the contract extension for Feds last week was signed for two reasons - so that the sale price has gone up and so that we could raise the "offers above this to be put to the player" price that's in his contract.

- Of the above, I think it's most likely we'll lose Long - some Premier League club will be some desperate to make a big gesture for survival that they'll splash the cash.

Sloth

by Sloth » 17 Jan 2011 23:38

Never gonna happen. Hope I am wrong. :roll:

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 17 Jan 2011 23:41

comeonyouroyals What I said is assuming that this does happen, always fun to speculate

Fair enough mate. That is what this section of the board is for and I wasn't aiming my comment at you particularly. I am just trying to keep calm and carry on as at the moment as we don't know if the rumour is true. In fact on the evidence we know it would seem unlikely although I hope it is true.

davis69

by davis69 » 18 Jan 2011 00:19

i reckon austin will go to burnley would love him here tho

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 18 Jan 2011 07:18

Svlad Cjelli Can I give you my predictions on what will happen? NB - I have no inside knowledge on this one, just a hunch and 10+ years' experience of watching very closely how RFC operates.

- We were never that serious about signing BWP, that was just a part of the negotiations with STFC to show we were happy to go elsewhere when they quoted a price for Austin that we felt was too high. When they came back to us we didn't sign BWP.

- We will get Austin as he's been our target all along and our brinkmanship has worked.

- We will lose one or possibly both of Federici and/or Long - not to fund the new arrivals, but because we'll get an offer in for one of them that we won't be able to resist, and is over the value that we've agreed with them. I think the contract extension for Feds last week was signed for two reasons - so that the sale price has gone up and so that we could raise the "offers above this to be put to the player" price that's in his contract.

- Of the above, I think it's most likely we'll lose Long - some Premier League club will be some desperate to make a big gesture for survival that they'll splash the cash.

I could imagine a scenario of which you describe, but I really don't think that any club, let alone RFC, would go all the way down the avenue that they did with BWP...and even let him train with the first team...and then pull out just for the shits. That's not our style.

Personally, I'd think it would be Feds that would be off (if any.) We've got decent goalkeepers coming out of our ears, but we haven't got a goalscorer as hot as Shane (I'd never thought I would ever write that.) Shane, currently, is more valuable to us...but then again, so was Gylfi, so what do I know?

under the tin

by under the tin » 18 Jan 2011 08:13

Svlad Cjelli Can I give you my predictions on what will happen? NB - I have no inside knowledge on this one, just a hunch and 10+ years' experience of watching very closely how RFC operates.

I'm not sure about all the brinkmanship stuff, but it is surely only a matter of time before a Prem club comes in for Longy.
Also totally agree about Fed's contract.
I also feel we are on borrowwed time with our Malian magician. Brace yourselves, people.

483 posts