RUMOUR: Garra Dembele

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR: Garra Dembele

by Royalwaster » 23 Dec 2010 09:30

Barry the bird boggler 3.5 million Euros! That's almost 3 million pounds, so he's really going to be coming to Reading :roll:

That's almost certain then; I can already see the headlines: "Mr Madejski in Bulgarian 3.5 million Euro raid" ....

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 06 Jan 2011 14:18

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Jan 2011 16:19

3 million for him
1.5 million for austin
:o :shock:

i can see why the club baulk at paying these inflated prices for unproven players, its all a bit mental.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Jan 2011 18:31

Yes. 1.5M tag placed on player by club who want to keep him, what a surprise! Perhaps we shouldn't have let him go from the Academy in the 1st place... :D

Of course Reading wouldn't move to sign up a player for longer or to place a overvaluation on a player they wanted to keep would they :roll:

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 06 Jan 2011 20:04

This is the thing though, i know RFC do have a good academy set up with the likes of Sigurdsson, Karacan, Pearce and nameless more to mention but the club don't half let a few gems through the net. I know maybe they aren't the best players but in recent times we've let Cox go, Austin go and more. Now you see they cost £1.5mil+ to get back and suddenly are the 'Reading mold' player! Don't rate the English academy system, not just RFC but they are too focused on strong, tall players and overlook technically good players; it isn't just us but from experiences i've had it always seems to be the case. I know we can't keep everyone and maybe i'm being picky. Oh well it's just thinking out loud i guess.

Back on topic: from what i've seen of Dembele £3mil may be a bit over the mark for his talents but we are all forgetting the cash Mr Mad has spent on players like Halford (£2.5mil?) he's got it to spend, maybe he's worrying of investments like that! Dembele > Austin IMO but Austin would be an extremely good signing and worth his cash, Dembele may not be. Just my opinion from the brief amounts i've seen of both lads.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 07 Jan 2011 10:30

Barry the bird boggler Yes. 1.5M tag placed on player by club who want to keep him, what a surprise! Perhaps we shouldn't have let him go from the Academy in the 1st place... :D

Of course Reading wouldn't move to sign up a player for longer or to place a overvaluation on a player they wanted to keep would they :roll:

not saying we wouldnt, but the tactic works, because 1.5 is too much for a club like us, for an unproven player like that.
fair play to swinedon though.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 15 Jun 2011 16:47

Signs for SC Freiburg in Germany.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 16 Jun 2011 10:18

the club don't half let a few gems through the net. I know maybe they aren't the best players but in recent times we've let Cox go, Austin go and more. Now you see they cost £1.5mil+ to get back and suddenly are the 'Reading mold' player!

LOL

gems like cox? hardly very gem like.scored at a level below us, done very little anywhere else. the ammount of time wed have had to keep him on,paying wages, while not playing, would have far outstripped the 1.5 million we may have got as a transfer.
as for austin, what did he do this season again?