Rumour - Federici to Swansea

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Federici to Swansea

by Ian Royal » 22 Jun 2011 19:42

I think we could milk them for £2m. I like Feds, but I'm excited about McCarthy and Andersen. Both of which seem quite close behind Feds despite being significantly younger. And both seem to have more potential than him too.

If he stays, we win. If he leaves, we win. Don't really mind which it is, I'm leaning towards going.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 22 Jun 2011 21:33

Ian Royal I think we could milk them for £2m. I like Feds, but I'm excited about McCarthy and Andersen. Both of which seem quite close behind Feds despite being significantly younger. And both seem to have more potential than him too.

If he stays, we win. If he leaves, we win. Don't really mind which it is, I'm leaning towards going.

agree with this. I would take 2M for Feds, more than happy with Mccarthy and Anderson

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 22 Jun 2011 22:04

JimmytheJim
Friday's Legacy
Agent Balti Sell, sell, sell. I'm driving to Neath in July, I can pop Federici in the boot. Not stopping for a wee though.

:lol: i'm in bed with balti on this one. two very good keepers knocking on the door if federici goes, this would be great for reading and great for federici. take it and run monkey boy run.

federici is the best keeper we have.

andersen and mccarthy may well have potential, but they are not the finished article. mccarthy had a nightmare against palace and could easily have been sent off for the penalty (which he saved excellently). he nearly oxf*rd up almightily against leeds on more than one occasion, and was very lucky to come away with not only a clean sheet but a man of the match award. the defence generally looked a lot shakier in all the games i saw him play. i have very high hopes for him and think he will be a great keeper, but when those mistakes start going against him, who's to say he has what it takes to keep his head up? i'd much rather enter this season with an experienced keeper who has proven consistently that he is one of the best in this league than take a gamble on a youngster.

Finally someone else has seen sense. He was shocking at palace.

federici will be a much bigger loss than most people on this board expect, in my opinion.[/quote]

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 22 Jun 2011 22:05

Ian Royal
urz13
andrew1957
It is a difficult decision because Federici is more experienced and going into the season with very young keepers is a risk

if we are determined to sell Feds I'd play McCarthy until January, if he does well, sell Feds, if he doesnt, Feds could return. I'd still take Feds any day.

What a ludicrous idea. Lets undermine the transfer value of Federici and piss him off for six months on top!

In hindsight it does seem a little on the idiotic side ;)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 22 Jun 2011 22:51

Anyone who thinks its good business to sell Federici is seriously deluded.

He is our number 1 keeper and should remain as such. Talk of 1.5 million etc is shear derisory.

Feds has to stay.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Jun 2011 23:02

Swansea look set to sign some Polish keeper anyway.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 23 Jun 2011 00:17

urz13 Finally someone else has seen sense. He was shocking at palace.

federici will be a much bigger loss than most people on this board expect, in my opinion.
He made a v bad mistake in conceding the penalty, but I thought he had a good game other than that albeit, potentially catastrophic choice.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 23 Jun 2011 06:57

I will seriously wager that when we sell McCarthy, he will go for a higher fee than Federici will. Ergo, sell Federici now. His stock won't get any higher. McCarthy's stock undoubtedly will.

(And please, Federici has had plenty of clangers too.)

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 23 Jun 2011 08:30

Agent Balti I will seriously wager that when we sell McCarthy, he will go for a higher fee than Federici will. Ergo, sell Federici now. His stock won't get any higher. McCarthy's stock undoubtedly will.

Agreed completely.

Perhaps I've just never warmed to him, but I'm always nervous when Feds is in goal, waiting for the next calamity. But I don't have anything other than total confiudence when Alex McC is there - he just looks to me as if he was born to play there.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 23 Jun 2011 09:23

Agent Balti I will seriously wager that when we sell McCarthy, he will go for a higher fee than Federici will. Ergo, sell Federici now. His stock won't get any higher. McCarthy's stock undoubtedly will.

I agree with this 100%, you mark my words in a few years time McCarthy will be on the bench for the England senior team just behind Joe Hart. He really does have potential to be an outstanding keeper, and the same goes for Anderson as well.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 23 Jun 2011 09:25

trueroyal1871

I agree with this 100%, you mark my words in a few years time McCarthy will be on the bench for the England senior team just behind Joe Hart. He really does have potential to be an outstanding keeper, and the same goes for Anderson as well.

Not sure about Anderson playing for England but agree with the rest.. :wink:

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 23 Jun 2011 09:30

roadrunner
Not sure about Anderson playing for England but agree with the rest.. :wink:

Oh yeah I meant Andersen doing the same for Denmark and I certainly think he'll be their number one eventually as well.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 23 Jun 2011 09:36

Swans in for Scott Loach now

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 23 Jun 2011 09:41

Ferris Swans in for Scott Loach now

The old Reading 'smoke screen' tactic.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Jun 2011 09:49

Svlad Cjelli

Agreed completely.

Perhaps I've just never warmed to him, but I'm always nervous when Feds is in goal, waiting for the next calamity. But I don't have anything other than total confiudence when Alex McC is there - he just looks to me as if he was born to play there.

I'm in this camp too, although I'm not quite so full of love for McCarthy despite thinking he's a much better prospect than Federici who I've never really rated that highly.

If we can get anywhere near £2m for Federici we've had quite a result.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 23 Jun 2011 10:33

Loach is a quality keeper!

Anyone got odds for watford to be relegated, i think they may well end up bottom 3!

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 23 Jun 2011 10:55

11/2

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 23 Jun 2011 11:07

Loach is an awful keeper.

Federici>De Vries>McCarthy>Anderson>Loach

In three years...

McCarthy>Anderson>Federici>Loach>De Vries

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 23 Jun 2011 11:14

loyalroyal4life

Loach is a quality keeper!

Anyone got odds for watford to be relegated, i think they may well end up bottom 3!

I lost count the number of mistakes he made for England U21's. He far from quality, and he makes Federici looks consistant.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jun 2011 16:43

Whether Feds is the best or not we have a serious
problem with 3 VG keepers and back up

It will be hard to hang on to McCarthy et al in 2011-12 and onwards