Rumour - Jem Karacan to leave?

Dawn

Re: Rumour - Jem Karacan to leave?

by Dawn » 06 Aug 2012 09:15

robbieroyal Apparently something in Get Reading Monday morning?

Royals midfielder Jem Karacan has shrugged off suggestions of his contract talks breaking down, describing it as ‘nonsense’.

Karacan made his first Reading appearance in four months in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Bournemouth, after having his ankle broken back in May.

The midfielder is out of contract at the end of the coming season, but says he is fully committed to the Royals.

The 23-year-old said: ‘There’s nothing to believe in the rumours, I don’t know where it’s come from.

"I’ve been here at Reading for eight seasons and looking to be here a long time further."

And the midfielder said he hopes a contract extension will be resolved before the season gets underway against Stoke City at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday, August 18.

"Hopefully it will be sorted in the next week. I want to be a Reading player for a long time yet."

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2118240_karacan_contract_breakdown_stories_are_nonsense

plroyals

by plroyals » 06 Aug 2012 11:20

Great news, good to see us getting our best players on new contracts. does anyone know the situation with Roberts, i thought there were reports saying he signed a new deal but ive not seen any confirmation, have i missed anything? Thanks

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Aug 2012 11:52

I just can't see Roberts as a priority - let's see how he does back in the Prem and then worry about it. If we stay up, we'll probably be looking for younger players anyway ...

yappy

by yappy » 06 Aug 2012 12:02

The story was that 'Sky sources understand' that Roberts had signed a new deal, rather than him officially signing one. They're normally quite accurate, so I'm guessing he's probably verbally agreed a deal and they are just drawing up the contract and sorting out the formalities.

plroyals

by plroyals » 06 Aug 2012 12:07

Thanks guys, i agree that he's not a priority but it would be nice to get him on a new contract anyway. i would still like to see us add another forward this window too, we will just have to wait and see.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 06 Aug 2012 12:16

yappy The story was that 'Sky sources understand' that Roberts had signed a new deal, rather than him officially signing one. They're normally quite accurate, so I'm guessing he's probably verbally agreed a deal and they are just drawing up the contract and sorting out the formalities.

Actually, no they're not. Sky sources have often been found out to be Twitter sources, and are extremely hit and miss. You just forget the ones they told you were likely to happen and focus on the ones that are confirmed.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Sep 2012 11:54

Signs new contract

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Sep 2012 11:56

Obviously a desperate move from the club to deflect attention away from the Federici situation.

larry1971

by larry1971 » 22 Sep 2012 11:59

Dawn
robbieroyal Apparently something in Get Reading Monday morning?

Royals midfielder Jem Karacan has shrugged off suggestions of his contract talks breaking down, describing it as ‘nonsense’.

Karacan made his first Reading appearance in four months in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Bournemouth, after having his ankle broken back in May.

The midfielder is out of contract at the end of the coming season, but says he is fully committed to the Royals.

The 23-year-old said: ‘There’s nothing to believe in the rumours, I don’t know where it’s come from.

"I’ve been here at Reading for eight seasons and looking to be here a long time further."

And the midfielder said he hopes a contract extension will be resolved before the season gets underway against Stoke City at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday, August 18.

"Hopefully it will be sorted in the next week. I want to be a Reading player for a long time yet."

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2118240_karacan_contract_breakdown_stories_are_nonsense

and how many times have we heard a player say that only to be gone at the next transfer window..