Rumour - AS Monaco to invest in Reading?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - AS Monaco to invest in Reading?

by royalp-we » 29 Feb 2016 22:54

It's a real straw clutching rumour and no doubt 20% Is a made up figure, if true at all. According to this http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... at-Chelsea the guy considered Man Utd before he took over at Monaco. If he really wanted to venture in to our club, I'm sure he would look to get the 25% from Sasima & 25% from nartuninon as a minimum to enable a controlling stake.

This guy is a different league to Anton our phoney of a Russian billionaire - if he wants to make a go of English football to challenge his mate at the Bridge, he will do.

Monaco aside, the 5 other clubs he is involved with really don't have the scope which Reading FC offers. We really do have an attractive package here (no homo) for any prospective businessman looking to invest in a football team. The club bleating on about the catchment area, the towns proximity to London and west and now the REP potential does actually have solid substance. I think JM just never quite nailed the deal he wanted to leave the club, for good. This could be that deal - but I gather it's now completely out of his hands anyway :|

Surely for a partnership to simply exchange loanees etc, an agreement would be simply signed (like the gala tie up lol). For >20% ownership there would no doubt be more in it than a loan or two.
Last edited by royalp-we on 29 Feb 2016 23:31, edited 2 times in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Feb 2016 23:29

Look at Charlton. Supporters are now viewed as customers to be milked of their money. I'm not interested in watching feeder club football. Money is ruining the game we all love. Give me a community backed club any day.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Mar 2016 07:46

Trust this is coming about as an option to buy the shares Nairuttin holds due the Samrit Bunditkitsada's decision not to take up his share.

Therefore if it's 20% he'd be the junior partner of the 4 and Nairuttin would be the majority share holder.

And if Dmitry likes it we may then see a fight to take control at the club - who knows!

Probably all just talk though and will disappear whence it came just as sharpish.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 01 Mar 2016 07:51

Lower West Look at Charlton. Supporters are now viewed as customers to be milked of their money. I'm not interested in watching feeder club football. Money is ruining the game we all love. Give me a community backed club any day.

Yeah, a club owned and operated by the sort of people that post on Hob Nob. I can't see any problem with that. Weekly polls on who the manager should be with Ian Royal perpetually in the running. Press releases using references to Down's Syndrome, learning difficulties and minority sexual interests to deride anyone and everyone. Players hired, sold; played or dropped based on their Fifa 16 or Football Manager stats. Should work.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Mar 2016 07:56

howser I have never been convinced with the Thai development plans, upto 20,000 fans arriving for games in what will be a huge building site, police are gonna love that ! and a multi storey car park for match parking ? you got to be joking.... this Russian guy does look like he actually does back the footballing side of the clubs he is involved in, with the wealth to back it up.

I agree. And I doubt his involvement would be a bad thing.

Lower West Look at Charlton. Supporters are now viewed as customers to be milked of their money. I'm not interested in watching feeder club football. Money is ruining the game we all love. Give me a community backed club any day.

You might get your wish if the Thai's milk the REP development for their, rather than the club's gain (or don't get permission to proceed) and then walk away. The only thing is we may be backing it much lower down the pyramid.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Mar 2016 08:06

The Royal Forester This could go one of two ways, either Charlton or Watford, as they both have a shareholder who has interests in other clubs in Europe. Charlton fans are not happy with their owner and want him out. Watford, on the other hand, has seen an improvement in their status, BUT, Watford are the main club in that group of associated clubs.

Really? Udinese Serie A? Even if Watford now are (having reached the PL) they certainly weren't when the Pozzo family first got involved with them and it didn't do them any harm! (some of their short-term managers might have disagreed though!)

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 01 Mar 2016 08:32

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth Fool us once shame on you, fool us twice... forgotten the next bit...

Don't you mean fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!

Don't you mean, "Shame, shame, shame, Shame on you, If you can't dance too...!"

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Mar 2016 09:10

Sutekh Trust this is coming about as an option to buy the shares Nairuttin holds due the Samrit Bunditkitsada's decision not to take up his share.

Therefore if it's 20% he'd be the junior partner of the 4 and Nairuttin would be the majority share holder.

And if Dmitry likes it we may then see a fight to take control at the club - who knows!

Probably all just talk though and will disappear whence it came just as sharpish.

Not sure Samrit had any choice about buying into the club...
Any fight for control would be a bit pointless really. For the Russian to take control he'd need 2 of the 3 Thai's to sell to him, or to side with him. While we know that the link between the Thai's themselves is a recent one so there may not be any reason to think they would start fighting amongst themselves I don't think we'd get into a long drawn out battle like happened at Arsenal.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Mar 2016 09:13

RoyalBlue
howser I have never been convinced with the Thai development plans, upto 20,000 fans arriving for games in what will be a huge building site, police are gonna love that ! and a multi storey car park for match parking ? you got to be joking.... this Russian guy does look like he actually does back the footballing side of the clubs he is involved in, with the wealth to back it up.

I agree. And I doubt his involvement would be a bad thing.

You might get your wish if the Thai's milk the REP development for their, rather than the club's gain (or don't get permission to proceed) and then walk away. The only thing is we may be backing it much lower down the pyramid.

There is no way we would ever get a 'community run' club at Reading.
At best we'd get a load of people on the internet telling everyone what should be done but doing nothing practical themselves.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Mar 2016 09:22

When we have left the EU this may affect our relationship.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 01 Mar 2016 09:42

Cue the return of the Pog

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Mar 2016 13:17

Sounds exciting to be honest.

My only concern would be why would a guy with a hand in so many clubs view us any differently? Monaco are doing well but I don't know about the other clubs. Either they're not, in which case - why not? Has he just used them to feed Monaco? Or they are in which case why the interest in Reading as we're not exactly doing well at the moment despite our recent flirtations in the PL.

It doesn't make sense to me really. I guess I'm just worried he'd see us as a feeder for Monaco. But having no idea really abou foreign clubs I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Still excited by it though.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Mar 2016 14:37

The Royal Forester BUT, Watford are the main club in that group of associated clubs.

No, they're not. Udinese are very much the senior club in the group, and Watford have only "caught up" to Granada now they've been promoted.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 07 Mar 2016 17:27

Monaco's Vasilyev confirms offers from England after Reading claims
Posted by SPORT WITNESS on March 7, 2016 at 12:49 in Sport Witness FootballView Discussions

When rich and powerful people start investing in football clubs, there is always that small doubt concerning their ability to be successful in their endeavour.

Clubs such as Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain have reaped the benefits from rich owners, while others like Anzhi Makhachkala went through a brief period of mad spending before collapsing majestically when the owner rethought his strategy.

Monaco, on the other hand, have been very clever about it.

Spending vast sums of money to show their financial power, they swiftly but successfully reconverted their strategy to buying young players from domestic clubs and abroad to nurture them and sell them on for a profit.

Their turnover has been so good, in fact, that other clubs have approached their owner Dmitry Rybolovlev to see if they could get in on the action, maybe by becoming an affiliated club in the future.

Speaking to Le Journal du Dimanche, the club’s vice-president Vadim Vasilyev explained: “Thanks to our success and the power of the shareholder, we have a few offers. They come from England, but also elsewhere.

“We’re thinking of the best way of developing the AS Monaco project. No decision has been taken yet.”

It has been rumoured in the French press, notably L’Equipe, that the Russian oligarch was interested in acquiring some of the shares (20%) of Championship club Reading.

Already breaking deals with the likes of Braga, Rio Ave and Standard Liege, Rybolovlev’s next step seems to be tapping into the English market.

Tom Coast.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... ading-clai

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Mar 2016 09:03

Bit different to the stuff in the public domain so far. If that article is true it appears we have approached Monaco rather than the other way round.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Mar 2016 09:11

I hope this happens as our team is in need of major surgery in the summer. I can only see Dominic Samuel breaking into the first team. Stacey and Fosu might make the bench occasionally.

But we never spend the money required to bring decent players into the club.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Mar 2016 09:49

and with gates of 17K and with our low ticket prices id say that was probably the correct policy

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 14 Mar 2016 09:56

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Mar 2016 11:11

what is?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Mar 2016 14:49

Royal_jimmy I hope this happens as our team is in need of major surgery in the summer. I can only see Dominic Samuel breaking into the first team. Stacey and Fosu might make the bench occasionally.

But we never spend the money required to bring decent players into the club.

McShane, Quinn, Al-Habsi, Vydra etc.