Finding a new Owner - Billionnaires to take things forward!

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Finding a new Owner - Billionnaires to take things forward!

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 12 Feb 2008 18:59

The Surgeon of Crowthorne I think Bournemouth has shown that for small clubs the supporters trust model really struggles. There's no way we could get even close to 100,000 supporters to invest £2K - or even £1K or £100.

We don't, I think, even have 100,000 supporters willing to shell out £2 for a membership card yet.

Mad Aussie Royal

by Mad Aussie Royal » 13 Feb 2008 09:13

Dirk Gently
Mad Aussie Royal why dont one of those big american owners buy the club or one of thos bif arabic oil tycoons they have big money. but if we want that we should play more games overseas in the pre season like in the USA,the Middle east, i reckon it would be awesome to play in Melbourne Australia the support over here is huge. :D :mrgreen:

Because we would cease to be Reading FC. We would be a faceless "brand" with no connection with our history, our locale or our traditional fans - not a football team.
wich clubs in the EPL are traditional you have to be money to survive.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 13 Feb 2008 11:50

Mad Aussie Royal
Dirk Gently
Mad Aussie Royal why dont one of those big american owners buy the club or one of thos bif arabic oil tycoons they have big money. but if we want that we should play more games overseas in the pre season like in the USA,the Middle east, i reckon it would be awesome to play in Melbourne Australia the support over here is huge. :D :mrgreen:

Because we would cease to be Reading FC. We would be a faceless "brand" with no connection with our history, our locale or our traditional fans - not a football team.
wich clubs in the EPL are traditional you have to be money to survive.

Antipodean grammar seems to be worse than I remember.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 13 Feb 2008 11:52

MartinRdg

It looks as if this one (Mad Aussie Royal) was shipped off to serve his prison sentence before he finished school. There is some poor English on this board, but he takes the prize for 'least intelligible posts'.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2008 21:02

Blue Blooded
The Queen -
The Queen could blow out the candles on her 75th birthday cake last weekend, content in the knowledge that her fortune has risen by £25million this year to £300 million—pushing her up one place on the list to 105th. Even Her Majesty was not immune from dot.com mania, with investments in two small Internet ventures, both of which have proved disastrous. But the bulk of her investment income still derives from the relative safety of blue-chip companies.

You do realise that according to fairly recent figures thats less money than our current chairman has? And shit loads of her cash is going to be locked up and untouchable in various things. If Mr Mad can't afford to keep us at £350 odd Million how the hell is the Queen going to inject enough?

Other than that and the fact as already pointed out it's nowhere near even a US billion its an intersting thread with mostly crap content. So this post will fit right in.

Mad Aussie Royal

by Mad Aussie Royal » 14 Feb 2008 06:26

West Stand Man
MartinRdg

It looks as if this one (Mad Aussie Royal) was shipped off to serve his prison sentence before he finished school. There is some poor English on this board, but he takes the prize for 'least intelligible posts'.

im oxf*rd australian so shutup you poms.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 14 Feb 2008 09:25

Mad Aussie Royal
West Stand Man
MartinRdg

im oxf*rd australian so shutup you poms.

:D Don't believe I said you weren't. Maybe you misunderstood my post?