Worrying info about Lita

195 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Worrying info about Lita

by Hoop Blah » 11 Sep 2008 13:15

brendywendy actually, ive seen more posts saying people had met leroy, and said he was a throroughly polite, and genuine guy, than those saying he spends his time buring 50 quid notes

I should bloody hope so to!

Most people on here who meet Lita will probably be meeting pre or post game or at a club related event. At such times he should be on his very best behaviour, especially if he's meeting the people he knows contribute to his pretty vast wealth.

His true character comes out a bit more when he's off guard and out enjoying himself. Thats when we hear stories of him being a pretty typical young man with means beyond his years and a massive arrogant streak to match.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Sep 2008 13:29

funny that
my real character comes out a bit more after a few drinks too.
in fact im not even polite, and genuine at any time.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Sep 2008 14:03

West Stand Man He is having a medical at West Ham as we speak.

LOL

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Sep 2008 14:11

West Stand Man
2 world wars, 1 world cup
There's nothing funny about a guy we're paying wages for having this psychopathic attitude and getting away with it, as anytime anyone relates a new story we get shot down for having made it up.

Can't speak for others but I've always been one of the few Lita fans so have no interest in making stuff up.

I suspect that you are not one the 'few Lita fans' at all. The fact that the overwhelming weight of HNA opinion is anti Lita does not necessarily reflect the views of the fans inside the stadium. If HNA was used as the measure of fan beliefs then we'd have no music, no kids, no Harper, no Lita, probably no Coppell, no JM, no Nick Hammond - and it goes on. This board has its value but it is not representative of the whole RFC community. :evil:

Spot on.

My mistake I meant "one fo the few Lita fans here".

Totally agree HNA is not representative at all with the negative posters being more vocal and probably more likely to be the type to sit at a computer every day :P

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Sep 2008 14:15

Hoop Blah
brendywendy actually, ive seen more posts saying people had met leroy, and said he was a throroughly polite, and genuine guy, than those saying he spends his time buring 50 quid notes

I should bloody hope so to!

Most people on here who meet Lita will probably be meeting pre or post game or at a club related event. At such times he should be on his very best behaviour, especially if he's meeting the people he knows contribute to his pretty vast wealth.

His true character comes out a bit more when he's off guard and out enjoying himself. Thats when we hear stories of him being a pretty typical young man with means beyond his years and a massive arrogant streak to match.

Yeah there is that.

But then is that "his true character"?

The things I heard him do were all when he was drunk, to be fair. I guess those anti-Lita will call bad drunk Lita the true Lita and those who like Lita will call the polite gentlemanly Lita the true Lita.

In any case I don't think alcohol should be an excuse.

He's 22 or so so should be on the verge of growing up around now anyway I guess. I just hope he grows up whilst still with us as he's a formidable player when he could be bothered.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Sep 2008 16:07

2 world wars, 1 world cup He's 22 or so so should be on the verge of growing up around now anyway I guess. I just hope he grows up whilst still with us as he's a formidable player when he could be bothered.

He's still a young man with more money than sense. 22 is nothing really.

I know enough guys of his age without his money that are probably a lot worse so I don't expect him to an angel. I would like him to start backing up his attitude with performances to match his ego though.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Sep 2008 16:48

Hoop Blah
2 world wars, 1 world cup He's 22 or so so should be on the verge of growing up around now anyway I guess. I just hope he grows up whilst still with us as he's a formidable player when he could be bothered.

He is 24 in December.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Sep 2008 16:52

Wycombe Royal
Hoop Blah

He is 24 in December.

Fair enough, I was just going by the early comment.

Personally I'd say 24 if still pretty young for some, but yes, he should be growing up a bit more then. I know 34 year olds who are probably a lot worse mind!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 12 Sep 2008 15:43

Hoop Blah Fair enough, I was just going by the early comment.

Personally I'd say 24 if still pretty young for some, but yes, he should be growing up a bit more then. I know 34 year olds who are probably a lot worse mind!

You know 34 year olds who burn 20 pound notes?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Sep 2008 16:15

...and use £50 notes as sweat rags? :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Sep 2008 17:20

Well, I'm going to stick up for him a bit here - I know someone who knows him quite well. They used to say he was very arrogant and they didn't care for him much, however, they have told me that he has changed and the change seemed to come about last season. He told this person in the close season that he didn't want to leave, that he really loved it here, but that "someone" (I know who but I'm not going to say) didn't like him and wanted him out.

He said he'd had interest from 3 or 4 clubs in the close season, but nothing came of it.

I have also met him and in the very brief chat that we had he came across as rather more shy than anything else - he was also very witty.

When he was left out of the squad last game, this person tried to contact him, as they thought he was probably off to another club, but he didn't want to talk about it.

I would venture to suggest that he probably was an arrogant idiot up until fairly recently - he probably also carries a bit of a chip on his shoulder. From what I saw of him, I liked him and he surprised me. He didn't have to communicate with me at all, but he did. He knew I knew the other person I am talking about here (if you can understand that) but he was genuinely friendly and not putting on an act.

He's early twenties, he obviously earns more money than many many others of the same age (and older!) and he has found it hard to handle himself in certain situations. There are always "lads" out and about in Reading, who revel in trying to take a "pop" at some of the players and I think Lita has had more than his fair share.

I think his swagger etc has more to do with the fact that he's being what he thinks people perceive him to be, he didn't know how to handle himself and the money situation - but as he's getting older and wiser, he's calming down. He argued with Kitson, I know that for a fact from two different people, but I also know a lot of the other players didn't like Kitson much. Maybe Lita was the only one who told him to his face.

I get really fed up when our players are being knocked all the time, by their own fans. I can only go on what I've seen with my own eyes and what I've heard from someone who has known him fairly well.

Harry Carry

by Harry Carry » 12 Sep 2008 17:25

^^^^^^^^

oh dear.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Sep 2008 17:28

Wassup m8? Aren't I allowed to tell of my knowledge of Lita "behind the scenes"?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 12 Sep 2008 19:43

Harry Carry ^^^^^^^^

oh dear.

Oh dear at what? A good honest post? Pah.

Get back to your beloved Fat Frank Appreciation BS.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Sep 2008 19:53

You have been on here long enough to know what the oh dear was for Jay.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Sep 2008 21:09

Perhaps you can explain then 17 bus - if I'm not still on "iggy" that is. :roll:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Sep 2008 21:41

He is oh dearing at you posting I know someone who knows him quite well. an I am in the know with the players sort of post, that's my guess anyway.

I may be wrong but it follows on from your stuff about Kitson, and TS.

Not to mention Cox.

And Shane Long.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2008 09:06

LOL - ok fine. I'll let people slag off some of our players and live under misapprehensions then. :roll: I was merely putting my experiences, in order to balance the "stories" - sorry if I have happened to know a few players along the years. :roll:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Sep 2008 09:29

:roll: at even bothering to reply to Harold.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Sep 2008 11:30

Platypuss :roll: at even bothering to reply to Harold.
Not to mention :roll: at people jumping onto the "knock RL" bandwagon!! :lol:

195 posts