3 loan players

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: 3 loan players

by Southbank Old Boy » 10 Jan 2010 19:07

Ian Royal Are you for real?

Both Gunnarsson & Cisse have played centreback this season. Many people, myself included, think Cisse's best position is centreback.

Who said anything about long term options? Because Loans don't really cover long term now do they?

I am well aware that Centrebacks need to be picked to complement each other which is exactly why I wouldn't play Ivar and Pearce together unless I absolutely had to. Personally I think that Mills should be capable enough of organisation to cope with playing with Cisse. Add in an experienced Griffin at right back and it could work fairly well.

When did Gunnar last play centre back? He couldnt get away with it these days, not for more than a game or two at the very most

As for Mills being the organiser and being able to cope playing with Cisse, have you played with them then, how the hell do you know :roll:

You do talk a load of crap at time Ian, like you have never played the game and break it down to a science and ignore so many things, you crack me up!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2010 19:27

Gunnarsson played centreback against QPR for certain.

How do you know Mills can't be an organiser? You don't, yet you try and ridicule my suggestion for me not having played professionally. Which frankly strikes me as rather hypocritical.

And if you read closely, I didn't say Mills WAS an organiser, just that I would hope he could cope being the organiser next to Cisse.

I can't believe I'm getting slated for suggesting two players who've both played centreback this season and are recognised defenders would be an option together. They can't be much worse than Ivar and Pearce as a combination now can they? The Pearce - Ingimarsson combination that has conceeded 4 goals twice this season. And kept an astonishingly good 1 clean sheet.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 10 Jan 2010 20:51

Going by what you posted it suggested Mills would be able to do the job of organiasing the back four, but you really have NO IDEA if thats something he might be up to. I wasnt ridiculing for not playing professionally, but for your lack of understanding of what playing the game really involves. You can get that from playing any reasonable standard

Pearce and Ivar have both captained sides for quite a while and are often talked of as good talkers, so we at least know they have that in their game

I would hope any pro is a reasonable talker because it is such an important facet of the game, but its still something that some are better at than others

Bath Hoops

by Bath Hoops » 12 Jan 2010 11:41

One down with Griffin confirmed not heard any other rumours so will be interesting to see if anyone else is coming in.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 12 Jan 2010 11:45

Bath Hoops One down with Griffin confirmed not heard any other rumours so will be interesting to see if anyone else is coming in.

Surely 2 down with icelandic chappy?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jan 2010 12:16

Deathy
Bath Hoops One down with Griffin confirmed not heard any other rumours so will be interesting to see if anyone else is coming in.

Surely 2 down with icelandic chappy?

Not if you read the thread and understand he was already a done deal when the three coming in was suggested and it specifically says somewhere early on it's thought to be in addition to Gunnar

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Jan 2010 12:20

Ian Royal Not if you read the thread

:lol:

Don't be silly, this is Jay.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 12 Jan 2010 13:48

Well, it's the striker and the right-back we desperately needed (assuming the two we have got on loan are OK). What's next? A winger? Another striker? :?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Jan 2010 13:59

Central defender with pace and a winger to compliment McAnuff please.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 12 Jan 2010 14:01

Sarah Star Well, it's the striker and the right-back we desperately needed (assuming the two we have got on loan are OK). What's next? A winger? Another striker? :?

I think Egoman is looking for another grapefeeder - he doesnt think his current grapefeeder is up to the job...and hes not too good at feeding grapes either :D

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 12 Jan 2010 21:11

DOYLERSAROYALER
Sarah Star Well, it's the striker and the right-back we desperately needed (assuming the two we have got on loan are OK). What's next? A winger? Another striker? :?

I think Egoman is looking for another grapefeeder - he doesnt think his current grapefeeder is up to the job...and hes not too good at feeding grapes either :D

That really is a very poor 'SDR-Lite' there.

Get your own pretend personality.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Jan 2010 19:08

Stranded No idea who but McD is looking at bringing 3 loan players in during the window.

Well, we're up to two so far, wonder who the third will be?

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 25 Jan 2010 19:15

we are up to 3 - Thor, Griffin and the Georgian from Blackburn

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 25 Jan 2010 20:33

shaka's shorts we are up to 3 - Thor, Griffin and the Georgian from Blackburn

The three didn't include Thor, so we are still due one more.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Jan 2010 23:33

Kitson12
shaka's shorts we are up to 3 - Thor, Griffin and the Georgian from Blackburn

The three didn't include Thor, so we are still due one more.

Indeed - Thor was signed by BR.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 26 Jan 2010 11:04

Hopefully a left winger to arrive, giving us the option of moving Sig inside.
Would be pleased if the Danny Rose rumour were true.