SPECULATION - Charlie Austin

483 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: SPECULATION - Charlie Austin

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Jan 2011 10:43

comeonyouroyals I dont mind Hal going, but I do hope Church would only be a loan deal with the option to recall if any off the 3 strikers got injured.

Sure it would be HRK permanent and Church on loan which would be good move for all parties and of course less ££££ out of JM's pocket

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 18 Jan 2011 10:45

Am I the only one who doesnt want Church to go?

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 18 Jan 2011 10:46

comeonyouroyals I dont mind Hal going, but I do hope Church would only be a loan deal with the option to recall if any off the 3 strikers got injured.

Three strikers? If Church goes we'll have Williams, Hunt, Long and Austin (if this deal does come off and BW signs, and everything points to that happening shortly).

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 18 Jan 2011 11:05

He's handed in a transfer request and the Swindon fans are convinced he's off to Burnley. :?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Jan 2011 11:06

didnt he say just the other day that hed like to stay at swindcon and help them get up?

modern ruddy footballers eh?!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Jan 2011 11:09

I'd be so annoyed if i was in charge at Swindon.

Simon Cox never did that to them, played scored the goals, offer came in, Swindon got what they wanted and they allowed him to go, the way it should be done.

Austin, who ws he 18months ago? A part time nobody at Poole Town. Swindon have given him an unbelivable opportunity, credit to him for banging the goals in and making the step up, but he owes Swindon Town absolutely EVERYTHING.

If Swindon get the right offer they will let him go, doing this makes him sound a spoiled selfish tosser in all honesty.

I'd still have him at Reading mind, but I think Swindon have been treated like shit.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 18 Jan 2011 11:15

Alan Partridge I'd be so annoyed if i was in charge at Swindon.

Simon Cox never did that to them, played scored the goals, offer came in, Swindon got what they wanted and they allowed him to go, the way it should be done.

Austin, who ws he 18months ago? A part time nobody at Poole Town. Swindon have given him an unbelivable opportunity, credit to him for banging the goals in and making the step up, but he owes Swindon Town absolutely EVERYTHING.

If Swindon get the right offer they will let him go, doing this makes him sound a spoiled selfish tosser in all honesty.

I'd still have him at Reading mind, but I think Swindon have been treated like shit.

I agree with the sentiment, but quite frankly, I don't blame him. If you are at work and you perform well, you get promoted - the same applies to football. He wants to perform at a higher level, so why shouldn't he? You may expect a bit more loyalty, but it's such an obvious jump up that he would be silly not to move.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Jan 2011 11:18

He'll get his promotion though mate without having to go down this route. Swindon aren't going to say to him no. All they want is the right offer for them, not to be bullied by a player who was to be honest a complete nobody before they made something of him.

Simon Cox goes back to Swindon, he'll get a hero's reception. What did he do? He left at the first opportunity he had to leave, the exact same as Austin. Will he get the same reception? Methinks not.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 18 Jan 2011 11:26

Alan Partridge He'll get his promotion though mate without having to go down this route. Swindon aren't going to say to him no. All they want is the right offer for them, not to be bullied by a player who was to be honest a complete nobody before they made something of him.

Simon Cox goes back to Swindon, he'll get a hero's reception. What did he do? He left at the first opportunity he had to leave, the exact same as Austin. Will he get the same reception? Methinks not.

True that - he could have said literally nothing and just let things work out. You're right, I'm sure he would get the move regardless, but you can't blame him for being a bit vocal if he wants to speed things up a bit. Swindon are better off without him if he doesn't want to play for them.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 18 Jan 2011 11:37

I agree with the sentiment that Austin has always been our target and BWP was an alternative not to be ransomed. However given what happened I think this has failed as now we can publicly only go for Austin.

I think ST were happy to sit tight though, rejecting Reading and Hull just stired up the interest, They're waiting for a Hammond style can't refuse silly offer. Hence our pursuit of BWP.

However the request now changes things. Keeping an unahppy player never works out well for the team or eventual price. I would assume he would rather play for us that Hull or Burnley given the fact hes local, always played in the south and we're competing at the top end of the league. Therefore the transfer request has possibly put this back in Readings favour, Hull having already signed strikers means they are unlikely to bid higher - great chance for Reading to now wrap this up. Swindon probably chasing Hammond to see what he'll pay.

Hammond could also get Madejski's sign off based on the fact we've clearly got a bargain in Sean Morrison. Don't forget Madejski's now cut his losses in station hill so no longer has large cash interest payments to fund there. Despite wanting to balance the books he can see clearly the premierleague prize is there if we buy well this January and hes now got the wallet to do it so I think we might go for a £1m+ bid. Brian's had milllions less than many of his predeccessors!

As for the part -ex - Well i believe Madejski will now be more willing to cough up, and Church and HRK are key memebers of the squad. Church is clearly off form but has a lot of talent and will more likely end up a premierleague player than league 1 , and HRK offers us great back up on the flank. Both these academy boys have played with the likes of Karacan, Pearce and to some extent Long for years, and will be on low wages. They have not set the world alight yet but have plenty of time and at worst, are useful. They will not be going anywhere, even if we then miss out on new signings. If theres rumours, the n again it'll be a negotiating ploy. Both could do with a loan run out though to find their form and a local league 1 side would be ideal so that could be part of it.

I do agree Feds contract seems to be a S hunt era one, but it makes sense to pay him 0.5m if we then sell him for 3 or 4m.

As for Kebe - I think we'll try to keep him at all costs and hes under contract till summer 2012.
Last edited by Z175 on 18 Jan 2011 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 18 Jan 2011 11:38

Bet STFC will be sobbing all the way to the bank.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 18 Jan 2011 11:41

RobRoyal

Bet STFC will be sobbing all the way to the bank.

This is a man who would rather play for Thatcham town than pick up cash to warm RFC's reserves. I think he might be "hard to manage" but I get the impression its about the principle of wanting to play at the highest level possible. He would rather play non-league than get rich, but rather play championship than league 1. Also he gave his all last year only to miss out, and with the club struggling this year, he needs to move while clubs want him.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Jan 2011 12:12

Austin handing in a transfer request would surely drop his value given that Swindon (unless they can convince him otherwise) would not want to keep a player who does not have their heart set on playing for them.

Personally I think it would be better for Austin to just see out the season at Swindon, score some more goals and leave in the summer.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 18 Jan 2011 12:17

Z175 I agree with the sentiment that Austin has always been our target and BWP was an alternative not to be ransomed. However given what happened I think this has failed as now we can publicly only go for Austin.

I think ST were happy to sit tight though, rejecting Reading and Hull just stired up the interest, They're waiting for a Hammond style can't refuse silly offer. Hence our pursuit of BWP.

However the request now changes things. Keeping an unahppy player never works out well for the team or eventual price. I would assume he would rather play for us that Hull or Burnley given the fact hes local, always played in the south and we're competing at the top end of the league. Therefore the transfer request has possibly put this back in Readings favour, Hull having already signed strikers means they are unlikely to bid higher - great chance for Reading to now wrap this up. Swindon probably chasing Hammond to see what he'll pay.

Hammond could also get Madejski's sign off based on the fact we've clearly got a bargain in Sean Morrison. Don't forget Madejski's now cut his losses in station hill so no longer has large cash interest payments to fund there. Despite wanting to balance the books he can see clearly the premierleague prize is there if we buy well this January and hes now got the wallet to do it so I think we might go for a £1m+ bid. Brian's had milllions less than many of his predeccessors!

As for the part -ex - Well i believe Madejski will now be more willing to cough up, and Church and HRK are key memebers of the squad. Church is clearly off form but has a lot of talent and will more likely end up a premierleague player than league 1 , and HRK offers us great back up on the flank. Both these academy boys have played with the likes of Karacan, Pearce and to some extent Long for years, and will be on low wages. They have not set the world alight yet but have plenty of time and at worst, are useful. They will not be going anywhere, even if we then miss out on new signings. If theres rumours, the n again it'll be a negotiating ploy. Both could do with a loan run out though to find their form and a local league 1 side would be ideal so that could be part of it.

I do agree Feds contract seems to be a S hunt era one, but it makes sense to pay him 0.5m if we then sell him for 3 or 4m.

As for Kebe - I think we'll try to keep him at all costs and hes under contract till summer 2012.

Agree with all of that.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 Jan 2011 12:20

What did it actually say on Points West?

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 18 Jan 2011 12:27

The chap who started the thread on the Swindon forum saying he was 100% leaving and then later confirmed to Reading (Pg 19 I think), is apparently one of their boards more reliable posters, so there could well be some substance to this.

I have to say, the boy has done himself no favours whatsoever regarding his Sky interview.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 18 Jan 2011 12:30

Jonny Fordham has stated the chances of getting him are slim. However this is the same Jonny Fordham would said that the Wright-Phillps and Williams deals had already been completed.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 18 Jan 2011 12:30

roadrunner The chap who started the thread on the Swindon forum saying he was 100% leaving and then later confirmed to Reading (Pg 19 I think), is apparently one of their boards more reliable posters, so there could well be some substance to this.

I have to say, the boy has done himself no favours whatsoever regarding his Sky interview.

What was said?!

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 18 Jan 2011 12:33

roadrunner I have to say, the boy has done himself no favours whatsoever regarding his Sky interview.

For those of us @ work, care to fill us in?

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 18 Jan 2011 12:44

I'm assuming their alluding to this interview - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 57,00.html but all he really says in it is that he was disappointed the Hull bid was turned down and he admitted for the first time that he wants to play at a higher level and if further opportunities present themselves in this window he would like the chance to look at them.

I'm not sure that interview warrants the fuss their making to be honest. Reading their forum it sounds like a lot more was said, but then they are all a bit upset at the prospect of losing him and their best defender to their neighbours.

They've made comparisons to how graceful Simon Cox was before he left for West Brom. He basically admitted he was ambitious and wanted to play at the highest level but would always give everything to Swindon while he was there, where as Mr Austin has made some unwelcome noise about wanting to go but glittered the turd by claiming Swindon fans are first class..

483 posts