RUMOUR - Bertrand, Clyne and Zaha

509 posts
USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Bertrand, Clyne and Zaha

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 15 Nov 2012 00:37

RockheadRumple To be honest though, last season McCleary was just as good as Zaha, and at the moment is doing very well for us at the mo. Someone will have to tell me if got more assists and that, I'm not sure, but he got more goals no?

Zaha is just on very good form and while he is undoubtedly very good no one should be kicking themselves about not signing him, especially when you compare his £6m price tag to the non existent one for Garath McCleary.

i agree, for the moment. however, zaha would be a investment for the future of reading. in a few years he could be the best winger in the premier league, he is only 19 atm.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 15 Nov 2012 01:20

USA_Loyal_Royal
RockheadRumple To be honest though, last season McCleary was just as good as Zaha, and at the moment is doing very well for us at the mo. Someone will have to tell me if got more assists and that, I'm not sure, but he got more goals no?

Zaha is just on very good form and while he is undoubtedly very good no one should be kicking themselves about not signing him, especially when you compare his £6m price tag to the non existent one for Garath McCleary.

i agree, for the moment. however, zaha would be a investment for the future of reading. in a few years he could be the best winger in the premier league, he is only 19 atm.

he played ok in the home game against us but was terrible in the away match - ive heard some palace fans saying he's worth £20m, i just lol'd never in a million years at this present time, maybe in the future if he plays in the prem for 3+ years

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 10:18

shit last night when he came on for england :wink:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 10:19

although 8 million rhodes looked good for scotland
should have got him instead

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Nov 2012 12:17

Makes me laugh when people are happy to have spent 6m+ on shit players but veto buying someone decent for the same money.

Hoping to scrape by on bollocks like Benchrebnyak and Maricrappa is a far bigger gamble than actually investing some proper money. If we'd have had any sense of vision we might have started the season with Zaha. Instead we are looking at a bunch of twat signings who can't even break into our first team of crud championship players.

Waytago.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Nov 2012 12:42

If signing Zaha in the summer was such a no-brainer why did no one actually do it?

Zaha scored 6 goals last season in the championship. MaCleary got 9 from almost half as many games. I'm not saying he's better or that Zaha wasn't/isn't a talented player but it's hardly the no-brainer some on here seem to think. If it was don't you think other clubs might have gone and got him. It's not like we're the only club on the lookout for the new Pele.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 15 Nov 2012 12:58

Massively overrated, seen him about ten times and he has been average at best in all those matches. Tom Ince is the one worth investing in

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 15 Nov 2012 13:07

God I hate posts like this

Extended-Phenotype Hoping to scrape by on bollocks like Benchrebnyak and Maricrappa

Congratulations on making up stupid insulting names for members of your own team that really must have strained the inelllect- neither of the players are "bollocks",they may not be currently playing to the standard needed to pull us clear of the relegation zone, but childish insults at Reading players is ....well childish.

Extended-Phenotype Hoping to scrape by on bollocks like Benchrebnyak and Maricrappa is a far bigger gamble than actually investing some proper money.

So effectively everything you agree with is an "investment" and while anything the club decides to do is gambling, congratulations on your arrogance

Extended-Phenotype Instead we are looking at a bunch of twat signings who can't even break into our first team of crud championship players.

I dont remember many people calling the players we brought in "twat signings" during the closed season ...and I certainly wouldnt call the rest of the team "crud championship players".

But as you sat Waytogo.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Nov 2012 13:23

Settle down, newfreak - I'm just tongue-in-cheek bitching.

The names were obviously crap and didn't strain my 'inelllect', (what the f/ck is that, an inability to select by ballot?)

The gambling reference is a common denominator in sentences barbed at spending money. I think it's valid to suggest that not spending money is equally as risky as ambitious investment.

And I don't remember much celebrating about the signings either, whatever that has to do with anything.

But chill, it ain't personal. Unless you are Dressingroomnyak of course.

Nomad_Royal

by Nomad_Royal » 15 Nov 2012 15:05

Extended-Phenotype Settle down, newfreak - I'm just tongue-in-cheek bitching.

The names were obviously crap and didn't strain my 'inelllect', (what the f/ck is that, an inability to select by ballot?)

May not be personal but I know I've hit home when you pickup on typo *cue huge round of applause*, fire insults and call me a "newfreak" (whatever the f*** that means) in the first two lines.

I am surprised as you have never struck me as sensitive in the previous posts from you that I have read.

By all means bitch, thats your choice, but I prefer to try be constructive, and if you do talk crap, insult our players mindlessly, and make ridiculous comments dont expect everyone to sit and read and not respond

Extended-Phenotype The gambling reference is a common denominator in sentences barbed at spending money. I think it's valid to suggest that not spending money is equally as risky as ambitious investment.

And I don't remember much celebrating about the signings either, whatever that has to do with anything.

Generally the sigings were well accepted, sure no dancing in the streeets but we were chuffed when Pog came to us rather than stay at Fulham (and their fans mightily p***ed off).

The point I was making was you called them "twat signings " there weren't then and they aren't now.

...and I am perfectly chilled thanks.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 15 Nov 2012 15:26

Doesn't sound like it. You sound like you are about to turn green, burst out of your shirt and throw a tank at me.

And the point is the majority of fans said the signings were not enough and lacked that star quality we’d hoped Anton was going to bring in.

Turns out the fans were right to be apprehensive, as most of ‘em are lucky to make the f/cking bench (the signings, not the fans).

But I'm not sure what is relevant about that? We could have been over the spunky moon at signing Fernando Torres. Doesn't mean he's any less an anus of a signing when he takes over a year to score a f/cking goal.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 17:52

Extended-Phenotype Benchrebnyak and Maricrappa .

stopped reading right about there

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 17:53

Vision If signing Zaha in the summer was such a no-brainer why did no one actually do it?

Zaha scored 6 goals last season in the championship. MaCleary got 9 from almost half as many games. I'm not saying he's better or that Zaha wasn't/isn't a talented player but it's hardly the no-brainer some on here seem to think. If it was don't you think other clubs might have gone and got him. It's not like we're the only club on the lookout for the new Pele.

clearly every other premiere league manager is an idiot too for not spunking 14 million on zaha and rhodes

sack them all

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 17:54

Nomad_Royal
Extended-Phenotype Settle down, newfreak - I'm just tongue-in-cheek bitching.

May not be personal but I know I've hit home when you pickup on typo *cue huge round of applause*, fire insults and call me a "newfreak" (whatever the f*** that means) in the first two lines.

I am surprised as you have never struck me as sensitive in the previous posts from you that I have read.

By all means bitch, thats your choice, but I prefer to try be constructive, and if you do talk crap, insult our players mindlessly, and make ridiculous comments dont expect everyone to sit and read and not respond

Extended-Phenotype The gambling reference is a common denominator in sentences barbed at spending money. I think it's valid to suggest that not spending money is equally as risky as ambitious investment.

Generally the sigings were well accepted, sure no dancing in the streeets but we were chuffed when Pog came to us rather than stay at Fulham (and their fans mightily p***ed off).

The point I was making was you called them "twat signings " there weren't then and they aren't now.

...and I am perfectly chilled thanks.

yay!

bitchslapped!

welcome to the board valued new acquisition!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Nov 2012 17:55

And the point is the majority of fans said the signings were not enough and lacked that star quality we’d hoped Anton was going to bring in.

bollox

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Nov 2012 17:56

Nomad_Royal God I hate posts like this

Extended-Phenotype Hoping to scrape by on bollocks like Benchrebnyak and Maricrappa

Congratulations on making up stupid insulting names for members of your own team that really must have strained the inelllect- neither of the players are "bollocks",they may not be currently playing to the standard needed to pull us clear of the relegation zone, but childish insults at Reading players is ....well childish.

Extended-Phenotype Hoping to scrape by on bollocks like Benchrebnyak and Maricrappa is a far bigger gamble than actually investing some proper money.

So effectively everything you agree with is an "investment" and while anything the club decides to do is gambling, congratulations on your arrogance

Extended-Phenotype Instead we are looking at a bunch of twat signings who can't even break into our first team of crud championship players.

I dont remember many people calling the players we brought in "twat signings" during the closed season ...and I certainly wouldnt call the rest of the team "crud championship players".

But as you sat Waytogo.

That's just the way Extracted-Prototype rolls.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 16 Nov 2012 13:21

Which is why so many people have him on ignore.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Nov 2012 13:36

Love it when e-beef sees the past wounded crawl out from the hedges.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Nov 2012 13:43

melonhead

When did you even start reading? If it's anything like your writing, you must just mash your face into literature and hope for the best.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 16 Nov 2012 14:15

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead

When did you even start reading? If it's anything like your writing, you must just mash your face into literature and hope for the best.

:lol:

509 posts