RUMOUR: Mohamed Sissoko

516 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR: Mohamed Sissoko

by melonhead » 12 Sep 2013 16:52

we did offer huge money for some of those, massively smashing our record bids etc

and the sig deal was very close.fell through for reasons out of our, and spurs' and gylfi's control.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 12 Sep 2013 17:41

Elm Park Pasty
Mike Hunt
Elm Park Pasty
I had to stop following him. His hatred for Reading fans (probably fair, but we all are not mongs), and his delight/smugness that Reading have had a few tough weeks was really getting on my nerves. Talk about burning bridges. He does have a very punchable face though.

I always quite liked it when I followed a game on Twitter, and you'd have the @ReadingFC propaganda stream closely followed by Fordham's stream of what was really going on. Not sure what has happened recently though. Maybe he thinks he's bigger than us now, maybe he's become Oliver Holt's protege, or maybe he was just asked to pay for his portion of pasta when he made his recent trip to Hogwarts, but whatever it is, he's become slightly vitriolic and almost sneering. Fordham, if you're reading this, The Hound moved onto greater heights than you have when he left the Post, but he did it with class.

I believe he is a Reading fan, but I too have stopped following him as he seems to take great delight when things don't work out.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 12 Sep 2013 19:53

melonhead we did offer huge money for some of those, massively smashing our record bids etc

and the sig deal was very close.fell through for reasons out of our, and spurs' and gylfi's control.

Im amazed anyone actually still believes this?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Sep 2013 20:18

Scutterbucketz
melonhead we did offer huge money for some of those, massively smashing our record bids etc

There is naïve and very naïve-melon is the latter.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Sep 2013 20:46

Scutterbucketz

I'm amazed people don't given it was confirmed by Spurs.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Sep 2013 20:52

Ian Royal
Scutterbucketz

So much that they rejected our "bids" three times, at no point did Spurs confirm we got close to the price they'd consider releasing him for!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 76824.html

We were negotiating with Levy and thought we could get a player on the cheap

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Sep 2013 21:42

That article states we offered 1.2 million for him above what Spurs had paid. That's hardly trying to get him on the cheap...

And while the article doesn't state we had met Spurs' price it also doesn't say the price was what led to the bid failing. Them not signing the replacement they were after would have been an equally valid reason to reject the bid.

People will read into things what they want but I'm not sure why every statement made by the club is branded a lie and then any time the club doesn;t make a comment it is seen as failing to communicate. Personally I'd rather they said nothing and the internet was unplugged so we all stopped wasting so much time on speculation that will never be proved one way or another....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Sep 2013 23:04

Uke
Ian Royal
Scutterbucketz

So much that they rejected our "bids" three times, at no point did Spurs confirm we got close to the price they'd consider releasing him for!

You think an offer smashing our transfer record by about 4 times is 'on the cheap'?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 12 Sep 2013 23:07

Ian Royal
Uke
Ian Royal I'm amazed people don't given it was confirmed by Spurs.

You think an offer smashing our transfer record by about 4 times is 'on the cheap'?

'On the cheap' is relative to their asking price, not our transfer record.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Sep 2013 23:16

Ian Royal You think an offer smashing our transfer record by about 4 times is 'on the cheap'?

I could offer £80k for a Bugatti Veyron, busting my car buying limit by the same amount. I won't get one though.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/bugatti

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Sep 2013 11:01

Victor Meldrew
Scutterbucketz

There is naïve and very naïve-melon is the latter.
lol at you lot thinking your random brain spewings are any more itk than mine. At least mine are based on actual quotes. Not just your shit conspiracy theorys. :roll:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Sep 2013 11:02

Ian Royal
Scutterbucketz

sometimes people just believe what they believe, and no ammount of evidence will deter them from that

i prefer to just stick to evidence based opinion.rather than just making shit up to fit my own weird belief system

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 13 Sep 2013 12:16

If we could get back on topic?

Today:

CALCIOMERCATO READING SISSOKO/ ROMA - Per vedere Momo Sissoko con la maglia del Reading - indiscrezione anticipato da Calciomercato.it - è davvero questione di ore. Secondo quanto riportato da 'Fichajes.com', oggi il centrocampista maliano, attualmente svincolato, potrebbe firmare con il club britannico.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Sep 2013 12:19

So they are expecting him to sign within hours. I'll believe it when I see it.......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2013 12:25

melonhead
Ian Royal
Scutterbucketz [quote="Im amazed anyone actually still believes this?

sometimes people just believe what they believe, and no ammount of evidence will deter them from that

i prefer to just stick to evidence based opinion.rather than just making shit up to fit my own weird belief system

Well quite. I've never really been able to leave Flat-Earthers alone though.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Sep 2013 12:25

Wycombe Royal So they are expecting him to sign within hours. I'll believe it when I see it.......

Who's expecting who to sign when?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Sep 2013 12:33

winchester_royal
Wycombe Royal So they are expecting him to sign within hours. I'll believe it when I see it.......

E 'una stronzata improbabile voce che Sissoko firmerà per il Reading FC scartabellato da internet

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 13 Sep 2013 12:49

Uke
winchester_royal

E 'una stronzata improbabile voce che Sissoko firmerà per il Reading FC scartabellato da internet

Which roughly translated means 'This Reading FC website is still talking about Sissoko so maybe he is signing there after all'.

(and before anyone gets bent of shape, no I don't speak Italian, and yes what I've written is made up. Can't believe you have to spell this out to some people :roll: )
Last edited by Elm Park Pasty on 13 Sep 2013 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 13 Sep 2013 12:50

Uke
winchester_royal

Che cazzo sai?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 13 Sep 2013 12:53

SydenhamRoyal If we could get back on topic?

Today:

CALCIOMERCATO READING SISSOKO/ ROMA - Per vedere Momo Sissoko con la maglia del Reading - indiscrezione anticipato da Calciomercato.it - è davvero questione di ore. Secondo quanto riportato da 'Fichajes.com', oggi il centrocampista maliano, attualmente svincolato, potrebbe firmare con il club britannico.

To see Momo Sissoko with the shirt of Reading - indiscretion anticipated by Calciomercato.it - it's really a matter of hours. As reported by 'Fichajes.com', today's Mali midfielder, currently free transfer, the club could sign with British

:roll: Underwhelmed

516 posts