Who is the mystery LB

535 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Who is the mystery LB

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Aug 2008 11:41

PieEater Doesn't Convey play there for the US?

He may well do but you can't seriously believe that he could play there in The Championship.
First priority of a left-back.......tackling.
End of.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 24 Aug 2008 11:58

Platypuss It's come to a pretty poor pass when we are now entering the last week of the window and we still don't have a proper left back.

Shorey left more than 2 weeks ago FFS!

Have to agree.

Coppell will probably say we have Golbourne though!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 24 Aug 2008 12:36

Tbh I'd like to see him given a chance. He might play against Luton so lets see what he can do then.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 24 Aug 2008 12:37

Archie's penalty
Platypuss It's come to a pretty poor pass when we are now entering the last week of the window and we still don't have a proper left back.

Have to agree.

I hope your not suggesting we buy a player who would go into our 1st team and improve it.

Not the Reading way.

We will not sign a left back, if Coppell ever had any intention of doing so we would have signed one before Shorey left.

Excuses. That's all we get.

We don't need a centre half, we've got Cisse. Should have been sacked the second thos words left his mouth.

Time for Hammond to put his foot down and go over Coppell's head and bring some players in.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 24 Aug 2008 12:40

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Archie's penalty

Have to agree.

I hope your not suggesting we buy a player who would go into our 1st team and improve it.

Not the Reading way.

We will not sign a left back, if Coppell ever had any intention of doing so we would have signed one before Shorey left.

Excuses. That's all we get.

We don't need a centre half, we've got Cisse. Should have been sacked the second thos words left his mouth.

Time for Hammond to put his foot down and go over Coppell's head and bring some players in.

Well if we are to then we need to do it very soon.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Aug 2008 19:36

I'm confused, we really don't need a centreback!

What we need is a left back, possibly a right winger a decent partnership in midfield from what we have and some strikers with confidence to play.

Harper and Matejovsky = mediocre
Harper and Cisse = shit

Harper & Karacan or Harper & Bikey or Matejovsky & Bikey or Matejovsky & Karacan = balanced and potentially very promising.

Harper, Matejovsky & one of Cisse, Karacan and Bikey likewise.

Our two best midfielders are suited to 3 man central midfields the most IMO.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Aug 2008 20:15

Ian Royal I'm confused, we really don't need a centreback!

What we need is a left back, possibly a right winger a decent partnership in midfield from what we have and some strikers with confidence to play.

Harper and Cisse = shit

Harper & Karacan or Harper & Bikey or Matejovsky & Bikey or Matejovsky & Karacan = balanced and potentially very promising.

Who's talking about a centreback? A left-back yes, but a centreback?

But I agree with you that Harper and Matejovsky are not the ideal pairing - however, unfortunately SC will never drop Harper, so I guess that's what we'll get. Or Marek will get dropped and we'll have Cisse instead.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Aug 2008 01:22

Royalwaster
Ian Royal I'm confused, we really don't need a centreback!

Harper and Cisse = shit

Who's talking about a centreback? A left-back yes, but a centreback?

But I agree with you that Harper and Matejovsky are not the ideal pairing - however, unfortunately SC will never drop Harper, so I guess that's what we'll get. Or Marek will get dropped and we'll have Cisse instead.

This is what confused me and made me mention centrebacks. Or is centre half a midfielder?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Aug 2008 08:24

Grounds for optimism, or just another one of those false dawns that we've become used to over the last 18 months?

"We're well aware of what's required in this division. I fully appreciate how difficult it is. It's not as if we were caught unawares - this was not a reality check nor a welcome to the Championship - we know what we were going to get.

"This defeat now forces us to bring in players with a little more urgency. Realistically the whole back four didn't defend well although it would be wrong to pick anybody out."

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Aug 2008 09:09

Ian Royal

Harper & Karacan or Matejovsky & Karacan = balanced and potentially very promising.

I'd agree with you if Karacan could tackle!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 25 Aug 2008 09:38

SCIAG
Ian Royal

Harper & Karacan or Matejovsky & Karacan = balanced and potentially very promising.

I'd agree with you if Karacan could tackle!

He can hth. He is as good tracking back as he is attacking.

Streets

by Streets » 25 Aug 2008 12:14

Platypuss Grounds for optimism, or just another one of those false dawns that we've become used to over the last 18 months?

"We're well aware of what's required in this division. I fully appreciate how difficult it is. It's not as if we were caught unawares - this was not a reality check nor a welcome to the Championship - we know what we were going to get.

"This defeat now forces us to bring in players with a little more urgency. Realistically the whole back four didn't defend well although it would be wrong to pick anybody out."

Hope so! God knows that squad needs need.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Aug 2008 12:17

Streets
Platypuss Grounds for optimism, or just another one of those false dawns that we've become used to over the last 18 months?

Hope so! God knows that squad needs need.

That was the silver linining for me of that defeat - if we'd have won it would have been oh so easy for SC's to have been complacent. Can't say 4 pts from those opening fixtures fills me with optimism.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 25 Aug 2008 14:13

Saying and doing are two very different things - if Coppell did all the things he talks about then he'd be managing in the Premiership still.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 25 Aug 2008 14:52

Who do you folks on here see as the "transfer blocker" JM for not paying the fee or wages, admitted in his press interview last week, Coppell because he cant see beyond his loyalty glasses or Hammond because we are chasing unrealistic players who once they have their fee etc and personal demands fall outwith what we are prepared to pay. or is it a combination of all three just filling the press with, "we tried", "we couldn't get our target", we were unable to conclude the deal on time" just words to keep the fans of thier backs ??

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 25 Aug 2008 14:54

SC all the way for me, but everyone will have their pet idea and no one really knows.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 25 Aug 2008 15:07

Coppell, anyone citing anyone else has no evidence to back up their claims.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 25 Aug 2008 15:10

If we knew how much was in the pot , then we could decide who is to blame! But as we will never know that, its got to be Coppell first to the gallows!

Streets

by Streets » 25 Aug 2008 15:38

howser Who do you folks on here see as the "transfer blocker" JM for not paying the fee or wages, admitted in his press interview last week, Coppell because he cant see beyond his loyalty glasses or Hammond because we are chasing unrealistic players who once they have their fee etc and personal demands fall outwith what we are prepared to pay. or is it a combination of all three just filling the press with, "we tried", "we couldn't get our target", we were unable to conclude the deal on time" just words to keep the fans of thier backs ??

You have to hold both accountable!

Madejski for not supporting Coppell enough with money and Coppell for being far to loyal to players (as he still is with Doyle).

For what Steve has done for this club, nobody, and I mean nobody should boo him or call for his head. If he feels he has let us down then I'm sure he will go, but anyone sad enough to want him out is bloody ignorant to the bigger picture.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 25 Aug 2008 15:56

Royalee Coppell, anyone citing anyone else has no evidence to back up their claims.

Since when has that ever stopped you making them?

535 posts