Football Rumours Shoite thread

1031 posts
Basildon

Re: Football Rumours Shoite thread

by Basildon » 22 Jun 2013 11:57

Judge Drenthe
Basildon
YateleyRoyal Not sure the Vaz Te thing is completely unreasonable.

not unreasonable at all, not sure we need him though.

You're not sure we need a striker that at this level would be a great addition? We need at least one striker this summer. West Ham also prepared to let him go according to todays papers.

Thought he was more of a right winger now? Always seems to be playing there when I'm watching West Ham.

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 22 Jun 2013 12:06

He's a striker but I assume was used out wide like Sheffield United used Blackman out wide when they still wanted to accommodate him. Tricky player, good feet, a real handful. I'd like him here and hate to play against him at another Championship club.

Basildon

by Basildon » 22 Jun 2013 12:56

Judge Drenthe He's a striker but I assume was used out wide like Sheffield United used Blackman out wide when they still wanted to accommodate him. Tricky player, good feet, a real handful. I'd like him here and hate to play against him at another Championship club.

Fairs, would be a decent signing but he's not gonna be someone who gets 20 goals a season, he's got a pretty poor goal scoring record.

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 22 Jun 2013 14:30

22 Jun 2013 14:06:16
WBA midfielder Graham Dorrans is in talks with Reading.

Reading are also in advanced talks with Slovenian striker Beric. Wish I could add more but that's all I've been told.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 22 Jun 2013 17:19

This one is clearly a wind-up:

22 Jun 2013 16:31:39
Leeds are in talks with Reading's Mikele Leigertwood and released striker Simon Church.

Leigertwood was a favourite of Brian McDermott but has fallen to 4th choice under Nigel Adkins. A fee of approx £700,000 would get him.

Simon Church was another favourite of McDermott, but he didn't get a look in last season with Pavel Pogrebnyak and Adam Le Fondre both ahead of him in a new 4-5-1 formation.

Noel Hunt and Matt Mills are two other former Reading players McDermott is bringing to Bellend Road.

Prepare to HOOF!

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 22 Jun 2013 18:09

SPARTA This one is clearly a wind-up:

Prepare to HOOF!

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 22 Jun 2013 18:52

Lol I was reading the Leeds forum last night and they think they stand a chance of getting McCarthy and HRK

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 22 Jun 2013 18:54

More shite from football rumours:

22 Jun 2013 11:38:34
Ed, is there any news on Billy Sharp coming to Reading? Your adamant it was him who failed the medical even though he denied it. Any updates? {Ed029's Note - Not heard a peep since.
It was Frazer Tichardson that failed the medical (free transfer) Billy Sharp has / is undergoing a medical for Leicester

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 22 Jun 2013 20:01

URZZZZZ Lol I was reading the Leeds forum last night and they think they stand a chance of getting McCarthy and HRK

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 22 Jun 2013 20:19

Church getting a football league team would be a surprise, although MK Dons are in for him according to a chap in the Monks Retreat

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 22 Jun 2013 20:32

Leeds and Hudds fans throwing wobblies about being linked with Church! :lol:

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Jun 2013 22:45

Jay o/ Leeds and Hudds fans throwing wobblies about being linked with Church! :lol:

Scored a peach of a goal up at Leeds, so they probably think he plays like that every week.

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 22 Jun 2013 23:02

72 bus
Jay o/ Leeds and Hudds fans throwing wobblies about being linked with Church! :lol:

Scored a peach of a goal up at Leeds, so they probably think he plays like that every week.

Well they've obviously seen enough to not want him. Neither seem overly happy with the thought of him joining.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 23 Jun 2013 18:47

23 Jun 2013 18:24:03
Reading have held talks with Peterborough United's young striker Dwight Gayle, according to the players representatives.

The club are currently in discussions regarding the transfer fee. Peterborough have previously warned off potential suitors with a £10m valuation, but it is thought Reading are close to agreeing a £3.5m fee with add-ons that could see the fee rise to £6m based on promotion back to the Premier League, staying in the Premier League, and International recognition at senior level.

Reading's highly rated young striker Dominic Samuel will go in the opposite direction on a season long loan as part of the deal. He made his senior debut against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in the Premier League last season.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 23 Jun 2013 19:03

Cobi 23 Jun 2013 18:24:03
Reading have held talks with Peterborough United's young striker Dwight Gayle, according to the players representatives.

The club are currently in discussions regarding the transfer fee. Peterborough have previously warned off potential suitors with a £10m valuation, but it is thought Reading are close to agreeing a £3.5m fee with add-ons that could see the fee rise to £6m based on promotion back to the Premier League, staying in the Premier League, and International recognition at senior level.

Reading's highly rated young striker Dominic Samuel will go in the opposite direction on a season long loan as part of the deal. He made his senior debut against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in the Premier League last season.

could be a good move. young, talented, scored 13 in 28 for a team who was relegated. would still prefer hooper, austin, or rhodes tbh.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 23 Jun 2013 19:10

USA_Loyal_Royal

could be a good move. young, talented, scored 13 in 28 for a team who was relegated. would still prefer hooper, austin, or rhodes tbh.

Could be a good move? for a possible £6m,,, your joking, right?

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 23 Jun 2013 19:18

Unbelievable Jeff
USA_Loyal_Royal

Could be a good move? for a possible £6m,,, your joking, right?

for an initial 3.5+add ons which might not even matter. for 6m total id like him to be a bit younger with a better record but 3.5 for him at this age and record seems pretty fair. last season he got a total of 20 goals in 46 appearances. (7/18 of which were in league 2). his record thus far looks like he is the type of striker who can bag goals in any league.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 23 Jun 2013 22:43

I'm amazed at the amount of clubs and players RFC are currently in negotiations with (according to this board). I can see the Peterborough lad but not anywhere near their price. Vaz Te would be a great addition, he is much more a free agent than an out-and-out striker, which might suit us. One of Hooper, Rhodes or Austin would virtually guarantee promotion on paper, although, as you are all aware, paper is one of those surfaces that we can't play on. Bridcutt may be a good move now that Brighton have sacked their Manager (I think he's a Brighton player although I may be wrong).

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 23 Jun 2013 23:25

FridaysGhost I'm amazed at the amount of clubs and players RFC are currently in negotiations with (according to this board). I can see the Peterborough lad but not anywhere near their price. Vaz Te would be a great addition, he is much more a free agent than an out-and-out striker, which might suit us. One of Hooper, Rhodes or Austin would virtually guarantee promotion on paper, although, as you are all aware, paper is one of those surfaces that we can't play on. Bridcutt may be a good move now that Brighton have sacked their Manager (I think he's a Brighton player although I may be wrong).

But Mr. Seige, I thought you didn't want "West Ham rejects (!!!!!)" :?:

royalZILLAAA

by royalZILLAAA » 24 Jun 2013 09:34

FridaysGhost I'm amazed at the amount of clubs and players RFC are currently in negotiations with (according to this board). I can see the Peterborough lad but not anywhere near their price. Vaz Te would be a great addition, he is much more a free agent than an out-and-out striker, which might suit us. One of Hooper, Rhodes or Austin would virtually guarantee promotion on paper, although, as you are all aware, paper is one of those surfaces that we can't play on. Bridcutt may be a good move now that Brighton have sacked their Manager (I think he's a Brighton player although I may be wrong).

A Siege post I roundly agree with is a rarity, but can't argue with any of the above.

Just out of interest, what would happen to you if we signed Rhodes? What would be your raison d'etre?

1031 posts