Rumour - Gary Hooper

1074 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Rumour - Gary Hooper

by SPARTA » 24 Jun 2013 15:56

Snowball Well, he had that one brilliant goal, one from a stupid back-pass and just three others from 26 starts and 3 sub appearances.

Never let the occasional flashy goal cloud judgement.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 24 Jun 2013 16:03

SPARTA
Snowball Well, he had that one brilliant goal, one from a stupid back-pass and just three others from 26 starts and 3 sub appearances.

Never let the occasional flashy goal cloud judgement.

Not entirely sure why we are discussing Pog on Hooper's thread but anyway, that's HNA for you. I agree Sparta, poor service or not, his contribution was minimal and very (financially) expensive. One flashy goal does not make a season.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Jun 2013 16:03

ZacNaloen then Mcdermott started evolving towards a style that just didn't suit him as a player and now his career is oxf*rd.

lol, now the hate mob are blaming Brian for making Church shit at football. Nope, he's just shit at football.

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 24 Jun 2013 16:16

Judge Drenthe
CholseyRoyal
A bit harsh LawnMowerMan, stats are a useful guide to a person's ability as long as they are kept in context.

Exactly, but snowball has history for cooking them to suit his own agenda.

This. No mention of Pog's 3 in 3 in the league cup, I presume?

Major Inconvenience

by Major Inconvenience » 24 Jun 2013 16:19

Maguire
ZacNaloen then Mcdermott started evolving towards a style that just didn't suit him as a player and now his career is oxf*rd.

lol, now the hate mob are blaming Brian for making Church shit at football. Nope, he's just shit at football.

And I think its becoming clear in retrospect who gave Armstrong MS.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jun 2013 17:15

Maguire

Players don't go from promising to shit in one summer for no reason. I also didn't say it was Mcdermotts fault for making him shit at what Mcdermott wanted. It's certainly not the managers fault he isn't suited to chasing and harassing opposition forwards like Long and Hunt. And if you can be bothered to look I've been saying Church isn't suited to our style of play since even when Mcdermott had us winning games. It's not a recent occurrence.

After the performances he put in in 2010 I had high hopes for 2011. But he wasn't good enough at what we needed to do to be competitive without a player like Gylfi. This is neither his or the managers fault. But his career is oxf*rd now. That's his own fault for not taking the others made to him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jun 2013 18:04

Royalee
ZacNaloen Anyone remember the cracking goal Churchy scored towards the end of his breakthrough season?

He really looked like he'd be a great player after that year, and then Mcdermott started evolving towards a style that just didn't suit him as a player and now his career is oxf*rd.

When did he have a breakthrough season mate? :lol:

I'm surprised you don't remember, it's the one you're bezzie mate played him quite a lot and he scored about 12. He must have been good.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jun 2013 18:24

All praise for church suitably caveated by mentioning the potential he showed not the final product we've seen.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Jun 2013 18:49

Ian Royal
Royalee
ZacNaloen Anyone remember the cracking goal Churchy scored towards the end of his breakthrough season?

He really looked like he'd be a great player after that year, and then Mcdermott started evolving towards a style that just didn't suit him as a player and now his career is oxf*rd.

When did he have a breakthrough season mate? :lol:

I'm surprised you don't remember, it's the one you're bezzie mate played him quite a lot and he scored about 12. He must have been good.

Maybe if he actually was any good instead of spurning some of the gilt-edged chances we created for him during that time, Rodgers wouldn't have been sacked. Either way I hope he signs for a Championship club for the lolz twice next season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Jun 2013 20:42

SPARTA
2 world wars, 1 world cup Wtf is everyone on about.

Re: Gary hooper, is he on the cards at all or is this mindless speculation?

What are the rumours and the chances, other than Adkins once managed him?

Ta.

EP says we spoke to the player but hadn't agreed a fee as of middle of last week. Highly doubtful he'll come here over PL clubs.

Cheers mate.

Good news that we're clearly therefore looking for another decent striker.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Jun 2013 21:30

Major Inconvenience
Maguire

:lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 24 Jun 2013 22:02

ZacNaloen he wasn't suited to the direction Mcdermott took us after Gylfi left.

Yeah, that direction being ''upwards'.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Jun 2013 22:25

Championship - 5,537 Minutes for 22 goals and 7 assists at 252 Minutes per goal

or a goal or assist every 190 minutes

His break-thru season 2009-10 was 1,856 Minutes for 10 goals, 186 minutes per goal which is TOP striking

Championship 36 10 - 3 - 1 - 14 17 186 1.856

For comparison Shane Long's total Championship career, he average 193 minutes per goal

A 21-year old scoring a goal every 186 minutes in a side that finished 9th had to have serious talent.

What went wrong after that, I have no idea, but Coppell thought he was going to be a great player and so
did most of this list when they were Long-bashing, talking about Church's brilliant movement blah-blah-blah

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jun 2013 22:37

floyd__streete
ZacNaloen he wasn't suited to the direction Mcdermott took us after Gylfi left.

Yeah, that direction being ''upwards'.

no denying that, I blame Mcdermott for not adapting to the premier league even slightly and his many errors last season, not for saving us from relegation and getting us promoted on a shoestring.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 Jun 2013 01:52

Major Inconvenience
Maguire

alol

jellytot

by jellytot » 25 Jun 2013 07:52

According to our dear chronicle Hooper will make up his mind this week after returning from holiday.. I think we have an outside chance.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Jun 2013 08:48

jellytot According to our dear chronicle Hooper will make up his mind this week after returning from holiday.. I think we have an outside chance.

He returned from holiday last Wednesday.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 25 Jun 2013 09:12

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... z2XDDRWq2U

Not sure Hooper would want to be joining a club that will inevitably be in a relegation dogfight next season ... catching a falling knife....

He'd want to be joining a Prem league team that would have some degree of safety from immediate relegation...

Also it was said that he and his partner wanted to move to be closer to their families in Essex...Hull is a few miles closer I guess....
Last edited by DOYLERSAROYALER on 25 Jun 2013 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Jun 2013 09:16

RoyalX
Judge Drenthe
CholseyRoyal
A bit harsh LawnMowerMan, stats are a useful guide to a person's ability as long as they are kept in context.

Exactly, but snowball has history for cooking them to suit his own agenda.

This. No mention of Pog's 3 in 3 in the league cup, I presume?

How exactly is minutes and league goals for a whole season "cooking" anything?

When I used to add Long's cup goals (before his great championship season) I was told "cups don't count"
and for two complete seasons now I have only referred to the grind of the league for assessing a player

But Pog's three cup goals WERE mentioned. I made the point that a very large percentage of his goals
have come against relegation-threatened sides or sides from lower divisions.

For Fulham

1 Stoke (relegation-threatened 14th)
1 Wigan (relegation-threatened 15th)
1 QPR (almost relegated, 17th)
3 Wolves (relegated in 20th

ie Didn't score against any sides in the top 13 of the premiership (for Fulham)

He did better for us (scoring against better clubs) but not enough goals)

CHELSEA (Great Goal 3rd)
Spurs (5th)
West Brom (8th)
Swansea (9th)
West Ham (from a terrible back-pass. WHU finished 10th)

Peterboro (lower league)(Finished 18th in Championship)
QPR (relegated 20th)
ARSENAL (the crazy game, " v Arsenal reserves")

Personally I think he's a flat-track bully, not really up to the Premiership
prior to the above he went 14 games in the Bundesliga for one goal.

On High
Hob Nob Regular

by On High » 25 Jun 2013 10:38

DOYLERSAROYALER .

Also it was said that he and his partner wanted to move to be closer to their families in Essex...Hull is a few miles closer I guess....

:? I don't know where in Essex you are thinking of but it is about 90 miles from Reading to Chelmsford and about 180 from Chelmsford to Hull.

1074 posts