Football Rumours Shoite thread

1031 posts
Unphased Royal

Re: Football Rumours Shoite thread

by Unphased Royal » 01 Jul 2013 05:50

Recently relegated team that play in blue and white hoops sign 3 high profile players... he probably thinks we are QPR...

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 01 Jul 2013 08:50

USA_Loyal_Royal
Divvy 30 Jun 2013 22:46:41
Peter Odemwingie is in talks with Reading Football Club after WBA and Reading agreed a £2.2m fee.

Initial talks are said to have gone well but some minor details still need to be agreed. Reading want the deal done by the end of this week ready for their Portuguese training camp in mid-July.

great player. i find it difficult to believe he would be willing to drop to the championship though. also not sure if i want him after the way he behaved during the january window with the QPR debacle.

'greed

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 01 Jul 2013 09:01

I dont understand the Odemwinge hate. He was told he could go, turned up at QPR and was told 'sorry, no fee has been agreed' - turn around and go back.

He was stupid to be seen, but then again with SSN on deadline day it's difficult not to be.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tions.html

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 01 Jul 2013 09:55

PistolPete I dont understand the Odemwinge hate. He was told he could go, turned up at QPR and was told 'sorry, no fee has been agreed' - turn around and go back.

He was stupid to be seen, but then again with SSN on deadline day it's difficult not to be.

You're quoting 'Arry to defend him??? :lol:

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 01 Jul 2013 09:59

PistolPete I dont understand the Odemwinge hate. He was told he could go, turned up at QPR and was told 'sorry, no fee has been agreed' - turn around and go back.

His Twitter outbursts were juvenile at best and he generally seems like a nasty piece of work. Decent enough player though.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 01 Jul 2013 10:54

SydenhamRoyal

You're quoting 'Arry to defend him??? :lol:

Yep, I like Harry too :)

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 01 Jul 2013 13:43

01 Jul 2013 11:20:43
Reading have contacted Sporting CP about Eric Dier and a deal looks close. Despite interest from top Premier League teams last season, Dier knows that it would be unlikely he would go straight into a first team in the Premier League and he feels that a move to the Championship will make him more visible to the England setup. The intent shown by Reading signing Drenthe to go into a squad with the likes of Pogrebnyak shows intent that Dier feels could help see them in the Premier League as early as 2014-15.

Reading and Sporting have a good relationship after transfer negotiations last season when their captain, Daniel Carri�o transferred tot he Madejski. Dier will be the second player to transfer from Sporting to Berkshire in two seasons.

01 Jul 2013 10:51:28
Paddy Madden to Reading
Steve Sidwell to Wigan
Rob Kiernan to Brentford
Noel Hunt to West Ham
Matt Jarvis to Newcastle
Marvin Emnes to QPR
Dean Whitehead to Bournemouth
Harry Forrester to Doncaster
Carlton Cole to Ipswich

Dominic samuel Michael hector and Jordan obita will not be going out on loan this season they are very much part of reading fc 1st team plans

Jimmy kebe could be on his way to norwich and ledgertwood to charlton

Robson kanu is close to agree a new 3 yr deal as he looks to a cement a place in adkins 1st eleven

Reading fc want at least one more player in thought to be a striker before they depart to Portugal.

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 01 Jul 2013 20:42

This one was confirmed by the player this afternoon. An actual ITK on there for once.

01 Jul 2013 06:45:14
Reading have signed Hull City's exciting young prospect Harry Caldwell. The striker turned down contracts from both Southampton and Watford to join the impressive Reading academy.

Reading are waiting on a decision from the Football Association on their Category 1 status, and have recently agreed a price for a 59 acre site at Bearwood Golf Course.

The clubs Russian billionaire father and son partnership plan to build a £15m training centre, which will propel the clubs academy on a par with the Premier League's biggest clubs.

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 01 Jul 2013 21:34

01 Jul 2013 21:08:53
Reading are in talks with released Wigan striker Franco Di Santo.

Got no more than that I'm afraid but I've posted before and been right about Wayne Bridge choosing Reading over QPR, and also Adrian Mariappa joining Reading, in the face of denials from Watford fans.

Hopefully something can be agreed this week before the pre-season friendlies begin next week.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Jul 2013 21:58

Judge Drenthe This one was confirmed by the player this afternoon. An actual ITK on there for once.

Reading have signed Hull City's exciting young prospect Harry Caldwell. The striker turned down contracts from both Southampton and Watford to join the impressive Reading academy.

No such player.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 01 Jul 2013 22:03

Royal Rother
Judge Drenthe This one was confirmed by the player this afternoon. An actual ITK on there for once.

No such player.

Don't be so picky. Cardwell announced his own signing.

Last edited by SPARTA on 01 Jul 2013 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 01 Jul 2013 22:05

SPARTA
Royal Rother

No such player.

You mean the one that signed today?

Yh, that one doesn't exist.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Jul 2013 22:06

He has no history on the internet, therefore he doesn't exist.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 01 Jul 2013 22:06

A spelling error, come on - or are you on a wind-up?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 01 Jul 2013 22:07

Royal Rother He has no history on the internet, therefore he doesn't exist.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... z2XoGJAc5P

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Jul 2013 22:11

SPARTA A spelling error, come on - or are you on a wind-up?

Not on a wind up at all.

The report said Harry Caldwell, I looked him up, linking Hull City AFC and there wasn't a single hit. Therefore I knew it was wrong.

I had no idea it was a simple spelling mistake tbh but I knew it couldn't be right if there's no hit. It being a Football Rumours rumour made me think 1st option is it's completely made up!

(And I hadn't seen the other posts when I made my 2nd one above...)

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 02 Jul 2013 09:37

01 Jul 2013 22:00:42
: Reading Fc in discussions over the possible transfer of Thomas Eisfeld of Arsenal. Initially it was thought to be a Loan but Reading are preparing a bid for the 20 year old German. But as of yet the fee Reading are willing to pay is unknown. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Now this would be something.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 02 Jul 2013 09:46

LightwaterRoyal
: Reading Fc in discussions over the possible transfer of Thomas Eisfeld of Arsenal. Initially it was thought to be a Loan but Reading are preparing a bid for the 20 year old German. But as of yet the fee Reading are willing to pay is unknown. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

No way would Arsenal let him go on a perm...would they? He is 20 now...

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 Jul 2013 09:50

LightwaterRoyal

Thought he was superb in the cup game, when he came on....decent little midfielder

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 02 Jul 2013 10:08

TBM
LightwaterRoyal

Thought he was superb in the cup game, when he came on....decent little midfielder

And if there's one thing we lack, it's midfielders!

Although attacking ones like Eisfeld is what we do lack. Would be a great addition that I just can't see happening.

1031 posts