RUMOUR - Matt Mills

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Matt Mills

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Feb 2012 12:51

I had left the ground before that happened. I had had enough after the umpteenth 50 yard crossfield hoof failed to go anywhere near Kebe.

The problem is more to do with the poor little darlings having their egos massaged to such an extent that they actually believe what they are told. All part and parcel of boosting a player's confidence. Looking back to that night, I wonder what BMcD's instructions were? But what footage I have seen of him since his move to Leicester it would suggest that he has a far higher opinion of his own abilities than those that pay to watch. He is an average centre back. On his day, he can be very good. Sadly, those days are few and far between. I would much rather have a steady reliable and unspectacular centre back than one who thinks he has the abilities of Cruyff, Pele and Messi rolled into one!

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 24 Feb 2012 12:52

Being sat in Y24 at the time, i would say that he turned in the general direction of Y24/25/26 and gave a finger.

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 24 Feb 2012 12:55

pea
dogzbollox
TBM I dont think it helped with him sticking his fingers up at us lot.........he was loved before that day

That's not really a fair & considered comment - unless of course you sit in Y25, you know? the section that boos it's own players!.... i.e. the section he gave 'the finger' to - I was in Y22 & was at that game & saw the incident before I'm accused of responding to hearsay. And FTR I don't care how bad or indifferent a player is you DO NOT boo a player from your own team, Slate him on here, in the pub, on the bus wherever you may be AFTER the game but NEVER during...

He turned around on the spot to make sure he gave the finger to all three home stands...

That's not my recollection of the incident - he was in the half of the pitch closest to the South stand and was walking towards the centre circle (after having hoofed a long diagonal ball to the NW corner of the pitch for the umpteenth time!!) and turned to his right and gave the SE corner 'the bird'... admittedly I was surprised that he reacted like that, and it didn't exactly endear him to me either..as neither was the hoofball style of defending he was employing.

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm sweating the small stuff here, I don't particularly want to see him in a Reading shirt again either, and although he had his moments I much prefer the Gorkss/Pearce partnership we have just now

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 24 Feb 2012 12:58

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index ... e__st__260

awesome thread.

"training with youth team" ?!

Bring Back The SB

by Bring Back The SB » 24 Feb 2012 13:27

Post on that forum!!

People don't seem to get it.

There is many of obvious reason's why the fans don't like Mills and are on his back, I happily support my team and stick by players, but in Mills's case it's entirely different.

From day 1 I knew that he would be a terrible signing, his passing against Real Madrid was woeful, and against Rotherham he struggled.

Matt Mills at the end of the day, is a poor player who has been dramatically overrated by the fans. They need to face the fact, that we have yet again wasted high sums of money on a poor player. He simply doesn't have the right frame of mind to improve as a footballer, his attributes and all round game lack serious quality. When he tries to play a simple ball to the midfield, he gives the ball away, he plays too much hoof ball which frankly don't get teams anywhere, I can only count one successful team who played hoofball and got promoted, and that was Watford in 2005-2006 I think it was.

Matt Mills simply doesn't have the game, and temperament. Those two things have frustrated the fans, and therefore that's why they have got on his back. Yes he is a Leicester born lad, who has basically said he loves the club and is committed; however those are simply words and he doesn't really show his commitment and passion on the pitch. He get's easily frustrated, he makes rash judgements and doesn't show passion. His body language at times this season, has been shocking to witness. In one match, think it was Millwall in our drubbing at home, he was getting absolutely skinned left right and centre, you could tell how frustrated he was getting, and he was just flying his boot in anyhow just to get the ball, and when Peltier got it and cleared it, Mills started having a go at other players, rather than taking the blame himself, when it was his fault in the first place.

That behaviour and body language simply doesn't warrant praise and sympathy. Fans need to get it in their heads if they like it or not, that yet again we have unfortunately paid large sums of money for a poor player.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly what we all thought!

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 24 Feb 2012 18:23

Royal Lady So, it's ok for other players to want to better themselves when offered stupid money, but it's not ok for Matt Mills? Anyone else in his situation would have jumped at the chance of joining Leicester.

I raise you Shane Long.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 24 Feb 2012 18:37

Z175 http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/79892-nigel-pearson-doesnt-rate-matt-mills/page__st__260

awesome thread.

Beautiful thread.

Alex Pearce is younger, better, not a c*nt and scores more!!

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 24 Feb 2012 18:38

Z175 http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/79892-nigel-pearson-doesnt-rate-matt-mills/page__st__260

awesome thread.

Beautiful thread.

Alex Pearce is younger, better, not a c*nt and scores more!!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Feb 2012 18:46

Agree the guy is not a sweet Irish bloke but he has, on occasion been awesome for us
and we were a lot worse after he left.

Scoring a great header and making a miraculous goal-line clearance at Leicester, the winner at Everton.

I still think, eventually, he will be a top CB, and (for example) being third at RFC
and desperate to play might do him a lot of good.

NOT saying we should have him back, but as a third choice CB, he'd be VG.

Like Bikey being mad (just in a different way)

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 24 Feb 2012 19:02

sheffield united want him. possible loan now with view to permanent move in the summer. how the not so mighty who think they're mighty have fallen. as long as he never comes back here i don't care where he ends up.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Feb 2012 21:35

I don't like him, but he's nowhere near as crap as people are making out. On his day he can be a very steady championship defender....the problem is he doesn't maintain that level of performance and isn't particularly likeable off the pitch as a personality.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 24 Feb 2012 22:26

FiNeRaIn ?....... and isn't particularly likeable off the pitch as a personality.

...probably explains why Emma Rigby is no longer with him ....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2012 23:35

Royal Lady :roll:

You have a choice of staying with a team who, despite reaching the play-off finals is looking to offload their best players, or going to a team for a lot more money who appear to have more ambition with the money they are spending. The fact that we're in a better league position than them couldn't have been foreseen before a ball was kicked. Most people had Leicester nailed on to go up. So he took what he thought was the better option. And he's still earning more money than he would have done here, so he's hardly an idiot.

And the LOLz are on him. And whether he made the right financial decision makes no difference to him being an idiotic player. Whether you think he's pretty or not.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2012 23:38

FiNeRaIn I don't like him, but he's nowhere near as crap as people are making out. On his day he can be a very steady championship defender....the problem is he doesn't maintain that level of performance .

Because he's a cretin. League One brain (at best) Premier League physical attributes. Pearce is completely the other way around, and because he's a clever footballer, he's part of one of the best defences in the division.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 25 Feb 2012 08:25

Looks like he could be on his way to Leeds on loan with Leicester paying the majority of his wages.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 25 Feb 2012 08:49

FiNeRaIn I don't like him, but he's nowhere near as crap as people are making out. On his day he can be a very steady championship defender....the problem is he doesn't maintain that level of performance and isn't particularly likeable off the pitch as a personality.

Pretty much this to be honest.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Feb 2012 09:15

LOL @ the sudden love for Pearce - loads of people on here were slating him previously! You do have short memories!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2012 09:25

Royal Lady LOL @ the sudden love for Pearce - loads of people on here were slating him previously! You do have short memories!

Always said I preferred him to Mills. Pearce isn't the perfect player by any stretch, but he's obviously always been a good defender. And he's playing better this season than Mills ever did over more than a 5 game period. 8)

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 25 Feb 2012 09:31

Royal Lady LOL @ the sudden love for Pearce - loads of people on here were slating him previously! You do have short memories!

Maybe not the same people though. The pattern is usually for the same posters to slag off everyone at some point. Then others get an opportunity to make a more balanced and considered judgement.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Feb 2012 09:32

Spot on. The amount of shit Pearce got last season was embarrassing.