RUMOUR - Simon Church

178 posts
W&E Royal

Re: RUMOUR - Simon Church

by W&E Royal » 16 Jun 2012 00:07

RockheadRumple Who do you think you are, CamberlyRoyal?

Ha, no. This didn't happen in the Madejski Hotel. (I'm not poo pooing CamberlyRoyal)

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 Jun 2012 09:17

W&E Royal Hello all.

Not a regular poster by any means but I thought I'd share....

A new girl has started in my department at work, she has a friend who is the girlfriend of Simon Church. I think she said her name was Catherine, I might be wrong there though.

Anyway, she said her friend had said that they expect to move house this summer, they expect to move to Brighton.

That's all.

Best news of the summer if this is true!

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 16 Jun 2012 09:48

loyalroyal4life
W&E Royal Hello all.

Not a regular poster by any means but I thought I'd share....

A new girl has started in my department at work, she has a friend who is the girlfriend of Simon Church. I think she said her name was Catherine, I might be wrong there though.

Anyway, she said her friend had said that they expect to move house this summer, they expect to move to Brighton.

That's all.

Marvelous news!

Bumblebee

by Bumblebee » 16 Jun 2012 09:53

W&E Royal girlfriend of Simon Church.

ROFL Yeah right.

W&E Royal they expect to move to Brighton.

And it all becomes clear.

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 16 Jun 2012 10:23

Bumblebee
W&E Royal girlfriend of Simon Church.

ROFL Yeah right.

W&E Royal they expect to move to Brighton.

And it all becomes clear.

Yeah I had a little chuckle at that when she mentioned it. I honestly didn't think he had a girlfriend! To be fair, what she told me, he sounds like a awfully nice chap.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 16 Jun 2012 10:38

Dare to Dr£am
loyalroyal4life

Marvelous news!

:roll: morons

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 Jun 2012 11:07

We'll soon know if true as Focher will be able to report on viewings for Simon's current home.....

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 16 Jun 2012 11:15

pea
Dare to Dr£am
loyalroyal4life

Marvelous news!

:roll: morons

He offered next to fok all in the Championship. You really want to give him even more time and at a higher level?

And yes he has a girlfriend. Le Fondre often teases him about how he prefers to stay in all loved up. A new form of ghey.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 16 Jun 2012 16:21

He's a very average Championship striker, at best. No way should we gamble more time on him in the Premier League. Either loan him out, or sell him. It's time for both parties to go their separate ways.

GSY-Royal

by GSY-Royal » 16 Jun 2012 17:26

Cobi And yes he has a girlfriend. Le Fondre often teases him about how he prefers to stay in all loved up. A new form of ghey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-E1GUmuKDk

0:42 :lol:

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 18 Jun 2012 10:11

Would be a nice club for him, good fans to give him some confidence, nice stadium, challenging for prem, Id snap up the chance if I were him

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Jun 2012 11:05

Dare to Dr£am He's a very average Championship striker, at best. No way should we gamble more time on him in the Premier League. Either loan him out, or sell him. It's time for both parties to go their separate ways.

sell him, no point loaning out someone who has shown nothing thus far, him and manset to be sold with another striker coming in

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 18 Jun 2012 12:21

I don't think he's premiership quality, its the celebrating someone leaving who is Reading through and through, always puts in the effort for our club, is clearly popular in the changing room and scored some crucial goals last season, without which we wouldn't have been automatically promoted. If he ends up in our 25 next season I won't be disappointed, he's earned it as much as any of the other players outside the first 11.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 18 Jun 2012 13:42

Pea, I agree that people shouldn't celebrate his departure (if the rumours are true). That said, I don't think we can afford to be so soft in terms of giving places away in the 25 man squad. As harsh as it sounds to the guy, if he isn't good enough to contribute to a Premier League campaign, he shouldn't take up a place in the squad of someone who could.

Personally I think we have better strikers than Church, so letting him go would be a sensible course of action. If he were under 21 then of course keep him on.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Jun 2012 15:13

As far as I am concerned Churchy is one of our own and one I have watched him coming through the Academy ranks since he was 17 - so if he does go I will wish him well and hope he is a great success wherever he goes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jun 2012 17:21

andrew1957 As far as I am concerned Churchy is one of our own and one I have watched him coming through the Academy ranks since he was 17 - so if he does go I will wish him well and hope he is a great success wherever he goes.

This, although I'd add it's probably best for all concerned if he does leave. Then again, I thought that about Long before he found his scoring boots.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 18 Jun 2012 21:43

andrew1957 As far as I am concerned Churchy is one of our own and one I have watched him coming through the Academy ranks since he was 17 - so if he does go I will wish him well and hope he is a great success wherever he goes.

Imagine....he comes on as a sub in our first game....hits the winner (probably in off his arse), gets a go in the second game, and the pace of the prem suits him....suddenly he's on a flier....I don't rate him highly, but its worth a chance.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 19 Jun 2012 07:23

He wouldn't be the first player who couldn't play in the lower leagues so maybe????

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 19 Jun 2012 08:45

pea I don't think he's premiership quality, its the celebrating someone leaving who is Reading through and through, always puts in the effort for our club, is clearly popular in the changing room and scored some crucial goals last season, without which we wouldn't have been automatically promoted. If he ends up in our 25 next season I won't be disappointed, he's earned it as much as any of the other players outside the first 11.

This....

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Jun 2012 09:54

After all the crap performances, and lucky goals bouncing in off his face, I still can't seem to shake the feeling that he's all of a sudden going to come good. He's had a load of decent chances, and not done enough to hold down a position in the starting 11, so when I think about selling him, why does it feel like it's going to be a big mistake?

178 posts