Rumour - Gary Hooper

1074 posts
urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

Re: Rumour - Gary Hooper

by urz13 » 09 Jun 2013 10:28

No, FridaysGhost, as has been said numerous times, the people on this board didn't think he was worth £8m because he has never been proven above league 1 and so would represent a massive, expensive gamble that if it failed to come off would see a lot of money down the drain. It's easy to say that we Should have signed him with hindsight - I bet West Ham are gutted they didn't pay up for Neymar a few years back and Blackburn must be regretting not completing a deal for Lewandowski before the Iceland ash cloud (which meant he couldn't come over for a medical). In terms of mistakes, I bet Man United regret the Bebe saga.

There's plenty of examples of how a gamble like this can pay off or fail miserably, and risking £8m on whether a player would make the jump up two devisions, into the 'best league into the world', seemed rash at the time and would seem rash now IMO.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 10 Jun 2013 20:15

Handsome Man
FridaysGhost Seems to be a bit of re-writing history here. With the exception of one or two people, whilst I have watched this board, no-one appears to have any clue about potential. I saw some people talk about Rhodes' potential last year most of the board said he was'nt worth the fee. He always was and we might still be in the Premiership had he joined us. There seems to be a strange thing here where contributors are only interested in players of proven ability but would only buy said player should he be a bargain-baserment buy. I do'nt get it.

You are the Siege aren't you? Or a very fierce rival. I have just read two responses of utter shite, and they both came from you.

What is it about good players or financing the building of a competitive squad that you do'nt understand? Whatever your problem is, do'nt abuse my posts just because you do'nt have the wit to understand them.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 10 Jun 2013 20:42

FridaysGhost
Handsome Man
FridaysGhost Seems to be a bit of re-writing history here. With the exception of one or two people, whilst I have watched this board, no-one appears to have any clue about potential. I saw some people talk about Rhodes' potential last year most of the board said he was'nt worth the fee. He always was and we might still be in the Premiership had he joined us. There seems to be a strange thing here where contributors are only interested in players of proven ability but would only buy said player should he be a bargain-baserment buy. I do'nt get it.

You are the Siege aren't you? Or a very fierce rival. I have just read two responses of utter shite, and they both came from you.

What is it about good players or financing the building of a competitive squad that you do'nt understand? Whatever your problem is, do'nt abuse my posts just because you do'nt have the wit to understand them.

Has it been established if FridaysGhost is TheSiege definitively yet? Can't help but notice 'both' of them make the same mistake with their contractions - see bold text above and a random example of a previous incarnation below:

TheSiege If he was a free-transfer on low wages you might well be right. He is'nt and it ain't going to occur!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jun 2013 20:50

FridaysGhost
Handsome Man

What you don't have the wit to understand is that the opinion of a lot of people on here was that £8m was far too much to spend on a player with no experience at Championship level when we were embarking on a season in the Premiership, an opinion somewhat backed up by the fact no Premiership club made a bid and he wound up at a club run by basket cases desparate to please a restless supporter base.

Also the fact that any Championship club is prepared to stump up £8m on a player is frankly, utter madness.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jun 2013 20:55

Kingsley Junior
FridaysGhost
Handsome Man

Has it been established if FridaysGhost is TheSiege definitively yet? Can't help but notice 'both' of them make the same mistake with their contractions - see bold text above and a random example of a previous incarnation below:

TheSiege If he was a free-transfer on low wages you might well be right. He is'nt and it ain't going to occur!

There's also the failure to use a space in the username.

Good enough to send him to the 'chair in my book.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 10 Jun 2013 21:09

Having been a long-time watcher of this site, I do know many views and many Avatars? If anyone is trying to get at me by calling me TheSiege, you are all sadly wrong. I am me and have my own views. I am new to the site as a contributor and I have joined at the wrong time. Whilst I was watching, the site was split between TheSiege and quite a few others who knew what they were talking about and a load of lackwits who know sod-all about reality but who all supported each other in their ignorance and their wish to use this as a personal facebook site. The mix was what eventually decided me into using my time to talk about my team. I had no clue that during the same 24hours that I joined, all of the sensible people would be deleted or whatever you call it. This site is supposed to be an RFC Fan site talking about the team, rumours, etc. At the moment, with all of the decent contributors either not talking or deleted, what is left is a farce. I still want to have a say about my team but I want to interact with other sensible people whether they have the same views as me or not. If this site does not support free speech, which seems to be the case at the moment, why have none of the high-ups come out and said so?

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 10 Jun 2013 21:13

FridaysGhost I am the Siege

Thanks for clearing that up.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 10 Jun 2013 21:21

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck...

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 10 Jun 2013 21:28

Handsome Man

Thanks for clearing up the point about you being a lackwit. Bizarrely, I do believe that the majority of this site will see through your cunning ploy of making up a post. If not, let us just remind ourselves that:-

Handsome_Man admits to being TheSiege. HNA in shock as they had never seen a sensible post under the Handsome_Man side of his posts.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 10 Jun 2013 21:29

Kingsley Junior If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck...

If it looks like a twat, sounds like a twat, it's probably Handsome_Man being a twat.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 10 Jun 2013 21:30

FridaysGhost
Handsome Man

Thanks for clearing up the point about you being a lackwit. Bizarrely, I do believe that the majority of this site will see through your cunning ploy of making up a post. If not, let us just remind ourselves that:-

Handsome_Man admits to being TheSiege. HNA in shock as they had never seen a sensible post under the Handsome_Man side of his posts.

Implies HNA has seen sensible posts under the Siege side of his posts, implies FG likes The Siege, no one likes the Siege but the Siege...

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 10 Jun 2013 21:32

Kingsley Junior If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, it's probably a duck...

2nd If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's probably a Leeds player with one of those duck whistles in his mouth.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jun 2013 21:38

Seems to me that those who are most vocal about having the right to voice their opinion are also the ones who are the most dismissive and disregarding of others'.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 10 Jun 2013 21:45

For years I have looked at the football stuff on this site. The other stuff never interested me. I have half a dozen people who I followed purely on their football and Reading posts, a couple of people did seem to pick up the occasional tip during transfer seasons. The site was worth watching and eventually I decided to jump in. I do'nt thimk a decent contributor has said anything useful since my first post. Maybe the site has had its day and a proper, purely football, site should be set up.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 10 Jun 2013 21:48

From Despair To Where? Seems to me that those who are most vocal about having the right to voice their opinion are also the ones who are the most dismissive and disregarding of others'.

Agree entirely. But do'nt forget the thought police. The people who started this site thinking that everyone would agree with them and then end up deleting anyone who shows them up by having a different opinion.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 10 Jun 2013 21:50

Apart from all the rubbish by non-me's, does anyone want to talk about Hooper?

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 10 Jun 2013 21:59

Handsome Man

:lol: ''TheSeige knows what he is talking about'' is what gave it away.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 10 Jun 2013 22:01

Guilty, if you like. 1 more non-moron.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Jun 2013 22:05

FridaysGhost
From Despair To Where? Seems to me that those who are most vocal about having the right to voice their opinion are also the ones who are the most dismissive and disregarding of others'.

Agree entirely. But do'nt forget the thought police. The people who started this site thinking that everyone would agree with them and then end up deleting anyone who shows them up by having a different opinion.

You agree with me? Pity. I was talking about you. You do come accross as a somewhat pompous oaf.

You seem to think Rhodes could have been the difference between us staying up or getting relegated. We plumped for an established international with Champions League experience and a Europa Cup winner's medal who sadly failed to keep us up because our problems for the bulk of the season were not up front, but an inability to retain possession coupled with an inability to defend once we'd surrendered possession. Robin Van Persie would have struggled to keep us up in those circumstances, never mind Jordan Rhodes. Considering our tactics under McDermott, dealing with a player with no top flight experience like Jordan Rhodes would have been meat and drink to most Premiership centre backs.

Blue & White Soup

by Blue & White Soup » 10 Jun 2013 22:11

FridaysGhost Having been a long-time watcher of this site, I do know many views and many Avatars? If anyone is trying to get at me by calling me TheSiege, you are all sadly wrong. I am me and have my own views. I am new to the site as a contributor and I have joined at the wrong time. Whilst I was watching, the site was split between TheSiege and quite a few others who knew what they were talking about and a load of lackwits who know sod-all about reality but who all supported each other in their ignorance and their wish to use this as a personal facebook site. The mix was what eventually decided me into using my time to talk about my team. I had no clue that during the same 24hours that I joined, all of the sensible people would be deleted or whatever you call it. This site is supposed to be an RFC Fan site talking about the team, rumours, etc. At the moment, with all of the decent contributors either not talking or deleted, what is left is a farce. I still want to have a say about my team but I want to interact with other sensible people whether they have the same views as me or not. If this site does not support free speech, which seems to be the case at the moment, why have none of the high-ups come out and said so?

Come on now dont throw your tampons out the pram

1074 posts