RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

1138 posts
RFCSPACE

Re: RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

by RFCSPACE » 30 Jan 2013 13:43

Yes he's a good player, but £8MILLION? Hell no. Don't see it myself. Half that is realistic.

Not only would it be a huge gamble due to his lack of PL experience, if we go down recuperating such a big fee will be near impossible.

Getting the likes of Sidwell, Crouch and Danny Graham for £8M would be more useful..

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 30 Jan 2013 13:47

I can't believe Liverpool would be excited about a 2.4 million sell on fee? A club that spunked away 35 million on a player only to send him out on loan..... :shock:

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 30 Jan 2013 13:47

RFCSPACE Yes he's a good player, but £8MILLION? Hell no. Don't see it myself. Half that is realistic.

Not only would it be a huge gamble due to his lack of PL experience, if we go down recuperating such a big fee will be near impossible.

Getting the likes of Sidwell, Crouch and Danny Graham for £8M would be more useful..

He has 15 goals and 9 assists, this season, as a winger. England U21 international, only 21* years old. Seems level headed, apparently not money orientated.
£8 million - includes the add-ons I believe, and when compared to Zaha's fees..... who (by the way) has an awful goal record, despite being more like a striker than Ince, the fee is reasonable.

I agree, it's a big fee. But young English talent seems to command that nowadays.
Last edited by akranes on 30 Jan 2013 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 30 Jan 2013 13:48

RFCSPACE Yes he's a good player, but £8MILLION? Hell no. Don't see it myself. Half that is realistic.

Deffo not worth £8m. I dont think he wants to sign for Reading in case he ends up back in the championship so i dont think it will happen. Thats not me having a sly dig because i want you lot to stay up. Maybe if you do beat the drop you could go back in the summer. £8m is too much though.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Jan 2013 13:50

Zaha was 15m. Ince is quite clearly worth half of that

He plays well in the Prem, his value will go straight up(english premium). If we go down, we dont need to recoup the money, he is 21, and we will come back.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 30 Jan 2013 13:51

Jackson Corner I can't believe Liverpool would be excited about a 2.4 million sell on fee? A club that spunked away 35 million on a player only to send him out on loan..... :shock:

I dont think LFC are excited but every little helps i suppose. £35m was a panic buy when they suddenly had £50m burning a hole in the pocket for Torres on deadline day (still think we got the better deal). But for what its worth i think you have a valid point. Sad state of affairs.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 30 Jan 2013 13:52

If he plays well and we go down, someone will come in for him. We may make a loss, but I thought everyone wanted to take a risk and spend money (usually misusing the word "investment") to try to stay up?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Jan 2013 13:54

MouldyRoyal If he plays well and we go down, someone will come in for him. We may make a loss, but I thought everyone wanted to take a risk and spend money (usually misusing the word "investment") to try to stay up?

Well we wouldnt actually have to sell him. So why would we take a loss.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 30 Jan 2013 13:56

LoyalRoyal22
MouldyRoyal If he plays well and we go down, someone will come in for him. We may make a loss, but I thought everyone wanted to take a risk and spend money (usually misusing the word "investment") to try to stay up?

Indeed, I suspect we wouldn't be buying players in this window who wouldn't be prepared to play in the chump next year. That would be amazingly short-sighted.

Alf Hooker

by Alf Hooker » 30 Jan 2013 13:57

Why are you caught up with his resale value?

He proven at championship level and a championship club are selling him for 8mil, if we go down how would it be "impossible" to recoup that bearing in mind he'd also have prem experience on his CV? playing devils advocate even if we did go down and he's an integral part of the team that achieves promotion back up, whats the windfall for that...80+mil?

In market terms for young English players with Zaha going for 15mil then Ince who has scored 10 more goals and has 6 more assists to his name is arguably worth the fee.

The names you mentioned also are not capable of the positions which Ince can play which is where our manager is trying to strenghthen the team.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 30 Jan 2013 14:02

MouldyRoyal
LoyalRoyal22

Indeed, I suspect we wouldn't be buying players in this window who wouldn't be prepared to play in the chump next year. That would be amazingly short-sighted.

If this happens I'd guess there'll be a relegation clause re wages and a release fee or two agreed - £5M if we're relegated £10M if we stay up.

It's not quite the £8M punt it looks like.

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 30 Jan 2013 14:06

Do we know if Ince was at the Oldham game on Sunday as a guest of Liverpool, or not? His Twitter feed seemed to suggest he was watching an old friend from his Anfield days (Bouzanis) but seems a bit of a coincedence.

Esteban

by Esteban » 30 Jan 2013 14:10

Alf Hooker

Why are you caught up with his resale value?

He proven at championship level and a championship club are selling him for 8mil, if we go down how would it be "impossible" to recoup that bearing in mind he'd also have prem experience on his CV? playing devils advocate even if we did go down and he's an integral part of the team that achieves promotion back up, whats the windfall for that...80+mil?

In market terms for young English players with Zaha going for 15mil then Ince who has scored 10 more goals and has 6 more assists to his name is arguably worth the fee.

The names you mentioned also are not capable of the positions which Ince can play which is where our manager is trying to strenghthen the team.

I wouldn't waste your time. We could sign Messi and people would still moan.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 30 Jan 2013 14:11

People seem to forget that, if we stay up - we get a f/ck load of money. If we go down - we get a f/ck load of money.

Despite what the club secret police will have you believe, it is safe to spend money on players.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Jan 2013 14:21

i can see him staying at blackpool until summer, hope we have a back up plan

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 30 Jan 2013 14:23

loyalroyal4life i can see him staying at blackpool until summer, hope we have a back up plan

if its true that he is out of contract in the summer like everyone thinks then it would be incredibly stupid for blackpool not to sell now.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 30 Jan 2013 14:27

USA_Loyal_Royal
loyalroyal4life i can see him staying at blackpool until summer, hope we have a back up plan

if its true that he is out of contract in the summer like everyone thinks then it would be incredibly stupid for blackpool not to sell now.

They'd still get a fee, I think, but it'd be set by a tribunal and thus a bit of a gamble.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 30 Jan 2013 14:29

If he is out of contract this summer, that would explain the unusual RFC publicity around their efforts to get him since they would be allowed to talk to the player without the clubs permission.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 30 Jan 2013 14:32

Found this on the Mirror site just now. Make of it what you will.

Faith Fulcher
2:08 PM on 30/1/2013

Good afternoon all,

The Reading bid was turned down earlier this morning and according to the William Wyatt of the Blackpool Gazette they are not expecting another. Where Tom Ince is concerned Liverpool are believed to be restructuring their next bid and will again try to persuade Karl Oyston to sell later today.

Faith

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 30 Jan 2013 14:33

1138 posts