SouthDownsRoyal
Winston Biscuit Mike Ashley's big chopper

Didn’t look that big to me

Mike can't see it.

How can you not see a helicopter

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: Potential New Owners

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Nov 2023 12:54

Pepe the Horseman
Lord Treeby current works for a UK based ICT Lifecycle Service Provider as a Senior Manager

Lol, ok, maybe not.

What does it mean "obtained his ancestral peerage in 2012"?

Does that mean he bought the title? Or the previous Lord died?

Because his life history in no way makes it sound like he came from money

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Nov 2023 15:04

John Madejski's Wallet
Pepe the Horseman
Lord Treeby current works for a UK based ICT Lifecycle Service Provider as a Senior Manager

Lol, ok, maybe not.

What does it mean "obtained his ancestral peerage in 2012"?

Does that mean he bought the title? Or the previous Lord died?

Because his life history in no way makes it sound like he came from money

Most of the aristos gambled and wenched their money away a century ago.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 16 Nov 2023 10:42

John Madejski's Wallet What does it mean "obtained his ancestral peerage in 2012"?

I think it means it's bullshit. He's certainly not a UK peer. I suspect he has credulously bought one of those "buy a square yard of this estate and acquire the title of lord"-ships (which are totally false anyway). Unless there's some other trade in empty overseas titles - perhaps the heirs of the Habsburg thrones sold him the title to a grafship in the Holy Roman Empire?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Nov 2023 11:58

Weren't we meant to see progress in exclusivity this week? Why can't Dai just fcuk off and give us something to be positive about for the first time in 6 years?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Nov 2023 12:22

WestYorksRoyal Weren't we meant to see progress in exclusivity this week? Why can't Dai just fcuk off and give us something to be positive about for the first time in 6 years?

Would exclusivity be announced? I thought everything had to be kept under wraps until any potential buyer has been approved by the EFL.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Nov 2023 12:27

Wasn't the timescale also mooted as "by the new year" so there's another 5-6 weeks. I guess by the time anything is announced, any deal will just about be done and dusted.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Nov 2023 12:28

Pepe the Horseman Who is Lord Treeby? Does he have money, or just a fancy name? He's a Reading fan, been active on the hashtag today and is at the training ground.

I'm sure it's Jason Treeby who, IIRC, used to be on the old RoyalMail email group for Royals fans. Probably been on/is on here too.

The very impressive house that he is stood in front of in pictures is Plymton House, which used to the owned by the Treby family. However, I believe it was sold off ages ago and the estate has now been redeveloped although the main house itself remains. The last change of ownership I can find was in 2017 to the Moreno family for £1M!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plympton_House
https://gasolicitors.com/news-events/one-plymouths-oldest-stately-homes-sold-1m/
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 16 Nov 2023 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Nov 2023 12:31

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal Weren't we meant to see progress in exclusivity this week? Why can't Dai just fcuk off and give us something to be positive about for the first time in 6 years?

Would exclusivity be announced? I thought everything had to be kept under wraps until any potential buyer has been approved by the EFL.

They can't turn around and say, we've agreed a deal with person X but they could say that one potential bidder has been given exclusivity and no further comment will be made until that process is over.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Nov 2023 12:38

Stranded
blythspartan

They can't turn around and say, we've agreed a deal with person X but they could say that one potential bidder has been given exclusivity and no further comment will be made until that process is over.

I presume that when it happens, someone will get wind and report progress, even if they don't name the exact bidder.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Nov 2023 13:55

Previous sales have been confirmed in advance; when SJM sold to Anton it was announced that "Head of Terms" had been agreed which is basically just a price. I'm also sure the Jason Roberts deal was funded well before the usual sign legalities/diligence etc had been concluded.

Disclosure rules could have changed since then I guess.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Nov 2023 13:59

Mid Sussex Royal Previous sales have been confirmed in advance; when SJM sold to Anton it was announced that "Head of Terms" had been agreed which is basically just a price. I'm also sure the Jason Roberts deal was funded well before the usual sign legalities/diligence etc had been concluded.

They have. EFL have got annoyed with clubs announcing a sale before they have completed their tests, so it is now against the rules to confirm a sale until the EFL give permission to do so.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Nov 2023 14:46

Stranded
Mid Sussex Royal Previous sales have been confirmed in advance; when SJM sold to Anton it was announced that "Head of Terms" had been agreed which is basically just a price. I'm also sure the Jason Roberts deal was funded well before the usual sign legalities/diligence etc had been concluded.

They have. EFL have got annoyed with clubs announcing a sale before they have completed their tests, so it is now against the rules to confirm a sale until the EFL give permission to do so.

Leaks and rumours will continue to abound as much as ever though leaving the FL in pretty much the same place if a proposed deal dies due to failing the ODT.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Nov 2023 16:13

Earnshaw has an update. 4 offers on the table, up to Dai to choose. Club hoping for exclusivity late this week / early next.

Guessing 2 are Ashley and Genevra. We just need Dai to make a good decision :( :lol:

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Nov 2023 16:33

WestYorksRoyal Earnshaw has an update. 4 offers on the table, up to Dai to choose. Club hoping for exclusivity late this week / early next.

Guessing 2 are Ashley and Genevra. We just need Dai to make a good decision :( :lol:

I can see him turning them all down tbh.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Nov 2023 16:44

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal Earnshaw has an update. 4 offers on the table, up to Dai to choose. Club hoping for exclusivity late this week / early next.

Not sure. I know several sources have reported him holding out for an unrealistic price, but discussions have been ongoing for months. I think seeing 4 offers on the table will be a pretty stark message that what's available is as good as it gets. What is his masterplan if he turns them all down?

I also wonder if he needs cash. He recently sold a mansion in Sydney, his London mansion is on right move. I don't think this is a game for him.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Nov 2023 17:23

WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan

Not sure. I know several sources have reported him holding out for an unrealistic price, but discussions have been ongoing for months. I think seeing 4 offers on the table will be a pretty stark message that what's available is as good as it gets. What is his masterplan if he turns them all down?

I also wonder if he needs cash. He recently sold a mansion in Sydney, his London mansion is on right move. I don't think this is a game for him.

I really hope he does sell as I want this never ending nightmare to be over. I hate to admit it, but I think it’s affecting my mood and not for the better.

I know there are 4 bidders, but Ashley ticks all the boxes for me. Obviously, I know nothing about the other bids, but I just feel Ashley would take the sensible approach to bring us success and bring some much needed stability.

939 posts