LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Gary Hooper

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Jul 2013 11:25

Assuming he is our number one target.

Harrydog

by Harrydog » 16 Jul 2013 11:26

Queens Park Rangers are closing in on the signing of Celtic striker Gary Hooper.
The Championship club are close to finalising personal terms with the player after firming up their interest in the 25-year-old Englishman with an offer of around £5m, despite interest from Premier League club Norwich City.
Hooper, who has one year left on his contract in Glasgow, has scored 82 goals for Celtic and was the club's top scorer last season. Celtic are increasingly resigned to his departure but will make a profit on the £2m they paid Scunthorpe for the player three years ago.

if they get him I will be seriously annoyed.
the one player we have said we want and we are prepared to let him go to them for £5m

paulholsgrove83

by paulholsgrove83 » 16 Jul 2013 11:49

If QPR pull this off then they will rightly be automatic promotion contenders. Richard Dunne and Danny Simpson also good signings for them.

Whitleyroyal

by Whitleyroyal » 16 Jul 2013 11:51

paulholsgrove83 If QPR pull this off then they will rightly be automatic promotion contenders. Richard Dunne and Danny Simpson also good signings for them.

Losing Cesar and Taarabt will really hurt their promotion chances though..

JayRoyal

by JayRoyal » 16 Jul 2013 12:08

If we beat them to Hooper I can honestly see Harry blowing his top and quitting... he was mad enough when we got Bridge

Cypry

by Cypry » 16 Jul 2013 12:13

Harrydog Queens Park Rangers are closing in on the signing of Celtic striker Gary Hooper.
The Championship club are close to finalising personal terms with the player after firming up their interest in the 25-year-old Englishman with an offer of around £5m, despite interest from Premier League club Norwich City.
Hooper, who has one year left on his contract in Glasgow, has scored 82 goals for Celtic and was the club's top scorer last season. Celtic are increasingly resigned to his departure but will make a profit on the £2m they paid Scunthorpe for the player three years ago.

the one player we have said we want and we are prepared to let him go to them for £5m

Then I think you're in for being annoyed...

I can't believe the attitude of some on here - it's only £5M - yeah, plus agents fees, plus wages for a three year contract, plus NI etc etc - you're looking at committing probably £10M+ of the clubs income to one player over the next 3 years.

With FFP we're limited by our income on what we can spend (so there's little point in whining about AZ pumping money in - he might want to, but he can't under FFP rules) - yeah, we've got parachute payments, but when you start blowing £5M on transfer fees for a player, they won't stretch far....

QPR, on the other hand, have just sold Samba for £12M, so their income this year will be boosted by that - under FFP they'll be able to spend more than us......of course, we could always sell McCarthy for a hefty sum, and use that to pave the way for Hooper to come in, but of course, you'll probably moan about that as well....

This is why the academy is so important - if we can produce, and sell on two or three players a year, at a profit, then it increases our income, which in turn allows us to spend more in the transfer market - if we sell a player for £2M, what does that equate to in shirt sales? It's probably equal to our entire merchandising income for the year...... A lot of people are completely missing this point, it's not just about producing first team players for us....

yappy

by yappy » 16 Jul 2013 12:14

Whitleyroyal
paulholsgrove83 If QPR pull this off then they will rightly be automatic promotion contenders. Richard Dunne and Danny Simpson also good signings for them.

Still have a pretty decent side, if Harry can get them playing together. Team currently would look something like this:

Green
Simpson Onuoha Dunne Traore
Wright-Phillips Granero Mbia Hoilett
Zamora Remy

That's not including likes of Park, Andy Johnson, Jenas etc. Still a very good side for this level.

alfiesaywhat

by alfiesaywhat » 16 Jul 2013 12:18

Ian Royal He's not going to tell you who his source is on a public message board. Even if he has one he wouldn't do that.

Obviously I wasn't expecting him to tell us a name but maybe just a rough outline of what position this contact holds at the club. If he doesn't want to say then that's completely understandable.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Jul 2013 12:41

Cypry
Harrydog Queens Park Rangers are closing in on the signing of Celtic striker Gary Hooper.

Then I think you're in for being annoyed...

I can't believe the attitude of some on here - it's only £5M - yeah, plus agents fees, plus wages for a three year contract, plus NI etc etc - you're looking at committing probably £10M+ of the clubs income to one player over the next 3 years.

With FFP we're limited by our income on what we can spend (so there's little point in whining about AZ pumping money in - he might want to, but he can't under FFP rules) - yeah, we've got parachute payments, but when you start blowing £5M on transfer fees for a player, they won't stretch far....

QPR, on the other hand, have just sold Samba for £12M, so their income this year will be boosted by that - under FFP they'll be able to spend more than us......of course, we could always sell McCarthy for a hefty sum, and use that to pave the way for Hooper to come in, but of course, you'll probably moan about that as well....

This is why the academy is so important - if we can produce, and sell on two or three players a year, at a profit, then it increases our income, which in turn allows us to spend more in the transfer market - if we sell a player for £2M, what does that equate to in shirt sales? It's probably equal to our entire merchandising income for the year...... A lot of people are completely missing this point, it's not just about producing first team players for us....

Aren't relegated teams exempt from the FFP rules in their first season following relegation? If so we don't need to worry about the transfer fee and other one off payments, only the wages for the subsequent season if we aren't promoted. So if Anton wants to thrown some money at it this is his last chance.
Last edited by Wycombe Royal on 16 Jul 2013 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jul 2013 12:44

yappy
Whitleyroyal

Still have a pretty decent side, if Harry can get them playing together. Team currently would look something like this:

Green
Simpson Onuoha Dunne Traore
Wright-Phillips Granero Mbia Hoilett
Zamora Remy

That's not including likes of Park, Andy Johnson, Jenas etc. Still a very good side for this level.

Granero won't be playing for QPR this season

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jul 2013 12:47

When was the last time Zamora managed 30 games in a season? He seems to be perpetually injured. Same for Johnson. I'd like to see them score from the treatment table.

What happened to Remy's rape charge? He may score from inside, but not in a way that'll help QPR.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 16 Jul 2013 12:55

JayRoyal If we beat them to Hooper I can honestly see Harry blowing his top and quitting... he was mad enough when we got Bridge

lol

please god...

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 16 Jul 2013 13:03

Are you a complete moron? We have never spent 5 mil on anyone. Not even in the Premier. Regardless of Anton, why would we smash that now?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 Jul 2013 13:06

YateleyRoyal

Are you a complete moron? We have never spent 5 mil on anyone. Not even in the Premier. Regardless of Anton, why would we smash that now?

Because we nearly spent double that on Gylfi last season and prb would have had AVBs dealings in transfer window gone to plan ..

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 16 Jul 2013 13:08

Is Remy staying at QPR?..I thought he was hot property

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 16 Jul 2013 13:14

windermere_royal Is Remy staying at QPR?..I thought he was hot property

Yes, if you work for the Met.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 16 Jul 2013 13:34

I think I read that Remy was on bail until September. I recall being amused that it would make it difficult to sell him- he may be in jail for several years to come if charged and found guilty. I doubt he will go anywhere before January- and I don't think the club can really play him while this is still unresolved.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 16 Jul 2013 13:40

QPR will most likely sack Remy, which would be justified once the trial has concluded

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 16 Jul 2013 13:45

Reading4eva QPR will most likely sack Remy, which would be justified once the trial has concluded

Does that not depend on him being found guilty?

He has not yet been charged

yappy

by yappy » 16 Jul 2013 13:46

I have a feeling the charges will get dropped, or he'll be found not guilty. Rape can be a very difficult thing to prove!

1074 posts