RUMOUR - Matt Mills

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Matt Mills

by Royal Lady » 25 Feb 2012 10:16

Thank you Pepe. I'm wondering who the boo boy will be from now until the end of the season. :roll:

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 25 Feb 2012 12:11

leicsRoyal Looks like he could be on his way to Leeds on loan with Leicester paying the majority of his wages.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/L ... story.html

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 25 Feb 2012 13:42

I can't understand all the Mills hating, I especially can't understand an earlier post saying he was bad for us.
He had some immense performances for us, yes he was sometimes poor, but on the whole he was alright.
Yes we paid a decent amount for him, but we more than recouped it.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 25 Feb 2012 13:54

peterroyal76 I can't understand all the Mills hating, I especially can't understand an earlier post saying he was bad for us.
He had some immense performances for us, yes he was sometimes poor, but on the whole he was alright.
Yes we paid a decent amount for him, but we more than recouped it.

contrary to popular belief, we only paid £1m for mills. that would have increased to the reported £2m had we been promoted in may. it was still a lot of money but not a great deal by today's standards, and we certainly got value for it in the two seasons he was here.

however, the dislike for him is largely because of the poor attitude he showed when he was here, and he was always first to point the finger at anyone but himself when a mistake was made. he was bad for the club and bad for team spirit. nicky hammond deserves an mbe for selling him for the sum we did. we're a better club without him.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 25 Feb 2012 17:40

Mills= Legend

Who went Cardiff away in the play-offs?
Everton away in the FA CUP?

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 25 Feb 2012 18:28

Matt Mills ....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 25 Feb 2012 20:55

Mills was, and still is, a 'form player' due to the risk-taking style he plays and will, in all likelihood, once agin become a good player. Not only this, he was considered a good enough bloke to be made captain at the last 3 clubs he's played for despite his young age. He is of course still not worthy of a £5m transfer fee though!

However, WTF is it with Reading fans (all football fans) thinking that they have been wronged just because he stuck his middle finger up?! My god, we're like 6 year olds! I've had big arguments with every member of my family and each of my best friends, we've said things we regret and each time we apologise and get on with things...

So he's a judas character for walking out on us is he? Well believe me, there's not a person on this forum who would say no to a better company (which Leicester looked like they would become) offering 2 or three times the salary for a far longer duration of contract. Especially when it means you could go back to the city you were born in with a signing on fee the size of a respectable house.

Lastly, Mills was fond enough of the club to recommend his brother to us/us to his brother. Maybe it was selfish, but it certainly wasn't out of spite!

Good luck to the lad, a good player for the club at a great time who's career has sadly taken a dip. If he'd known how it was going to turn out I'm sure he would have stayed!

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 25 Feb 2012 21:15

PistolPete Mills was, and still is, a 'form player' due to the risk-taking style he plays and will, in all likelihood, once agin become a good player. Not only this, he was considered a good enough bloke to be made captain at the last 3 clubs he's played for despite his young age. He is of course still not worthy of a £5m transfer fee though!

However, WTF is it with Reading fans (all football fans) thinking that they have been wronged just because he stuck his middle finger up?! My god, we're like 6 year olds! I've had big arguments with every member of my family and each of my best friends, we've said things we regret and each time we apologise and get on with things...

So he's a judas character for walking out on us is he? Well believe me, there's not a person on this forum who would say no to a better company (which Leicester looked like they would become) offering 2 or three times the salary for a far longer duration of contract. Especially when it means you could go back to the city you were born in with a signing on fee the size of a respectable house.

Lastly, Mills was fond enough of the club to recommend his brother to us/us to his brother. Maybe it was selfish, but it certainly wasn't out of spite!

Good luck to the lad, a good player for the club at a great time who's career has sadly taken a dip. If he'd known how it was going to turn out I'm sure he would have stayed!

Totally agree. A far better player for us than many care to remember

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2012 23:59

PistolPete Mills was, and still is, a 'form player' due to the risk-taking style he plays and will, in all likelihood, once agin become a good player. Not only this, he was considered a good enough bloke to be made captain at the last 3 clubs he's played for despite his young age. He is of course still not worthy of a £5m transfer fee though!

I don't dislike him because he gave some twats the finger, or because he left us purely for money (I don't agree Leicester looked a much better prospect than us and I seem to recall a Prem club being interested in him... £££££££s was all he was interested in), I dislike him because he was an unreliable prick and those incidents only reinforce that opinion.

Give me Pearce or Gorkss or Connolly over him any day of the week.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 26 Feb 2012 03:19

LoyalRoyal22 Mills= Legend

And if the other back three played as well as him in the play off final we would be in the prem by now. Mills is a top player but he thinks he is better than he is. Mills out 5 million Gorkes in 900,000. Outstanding work by BM great piece of buisiness.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Feb 2012 07:04

LoyalRoyal22 Mills= Legend

Agreed, i think as a player he is immense, as a person a twat (met him myself). I do however think this may highlight just how good Mcderm is managing players and their egos

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 26 Feb 2012 11:15

PistolPete So he's a judas character for walking out on us is he? Well believe me, there's not a person on this forum who would say no to a better company (which Leicester looked like they would become) offering 2 or three times the salary for a far longer duration of contract. Especially when it means you could go back to the city you were born in with a signing on fee the size of a respectable house.

+1,000,000

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 27 Feb 2012 09:56

Pepe the Horseman
Royal Lady LOL @ the sudden love for Pearce - loads of people on here were slating him previously! You do have short memories!

Spot on. The amount of shit Pearce got last season was embarrassing.

Not really - as he was shite last season.........the fact he has come through it and proved to be one of the best players this season shows how mature he is - he didn't flip a finger at the fans when he was getting stick.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 27 Feb 2012 10:10

TBM
Pepe the Horseman
Royal Lady LOL @ the sudden love for Pearce - loads of people on here were slating him previously! You do have short memories!

Spot on. The amount of shit Pearce got last season was embarrassing.

Not really - as he was shite last season.........the fact he has come through it and proved to be one of the best players this season shows how mature he is - he didn't flip a finger at the fans when he was getting stick.

He was playing really well and starting every week and then got injured and hardly featured? You have an interesting definition of 'shite'

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Feb 2012 10:28

every time hes played in a settled back 4 hes been great, and got better every season.last year he was hugely unlucky to lose his place after injury, and if hed been in with mills in the play off wed have been much more solid

the people slating him were idiots

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 27 Feb 2012 10:48

pea He was playing really well and starting every week and then got injured and hardly featured? You have an interesting definition of 'shite'

Ok maybe not "shite" but nowhere near good enough for the Championship.......

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Feb 2012 10:56

TBM
pea He was playing really well and starting every week and then got injured and hardly featured? You have an interesting definition of 'shite'

bollox

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 Feb 2012 11:01

He didn't feature enough not because he wasn't good enough. He just wasn't better enough than the other defenders to risk dropping one of them.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 27 Feb 2012 11:38

melonhead
TBM

bollox

When he gifted Scunny 2 goals in the first game of the season, the writing was on the wall

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 27 Feb 2012 12:27

For my money Pearce was just getting it together and beggining to show the form he has this year, when he got injured and lost his place last year.