Rumour - Mladen Petrić

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Mladen Petrić

by CholseyRoyal » 10 Sep 2013 11:41

Apparently off to West Ham to replace the injured Carroll (sp). They have registered only 23 players so far. Are they allowed to sign more in an emergency or must it be a loan only?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 10 Sep 2013 11:56

CholseyRoyal Apparently off to West Ham to replace the injured Carroll (sp). They have registered only 23 players so far. Are they allowed to sign more in an emergency or must it be a loan only?

I think anyone can sign a player when they are out of contract. Presumably, he could be added to the PL squad as they have 23 players registered. As far as loans go (and I may be wrong), there is no loan window for PL teams inwards, outwards they can loan to Championship or anywhere where the window is still open. Think the FA do tend to help though is there is a GK crisis or something.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 10 Sep 2013 12:09

Elm Park Pasty
CholseyRoyal Apparently off to West Ham to replace the injured Carroll (sp). They have registered only 23 players so far. Are they allowed to sign more in an emergency or must it be a loan only?

I think anyone can sign a player when they are out of contract. Presumably, he could be added to the PL squad as they have 23 players registered. As far as loans go (and I may be wrong), there is no loan window for PL teams inwards, outwards they can loan to Championship or anywhere where the window is still open. Think the FA do tend to help though is there is a GK crisis or something.

Thanks for the info.

Does that first bit apply to the PL? I presume it must for Petrić to move to West Ham. I am sure you are right about emergency loans in the PL for a GK crisis.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 10 Sep 2013 13:24

CholseyRoyal
Elm Park Pasty

Thanks for the info.

Does that first bit apply to the PL? I presume it must for Petrić to move to West Ham. I am sure you are right about emergency loans in the PL for a GK crisis.

Must admit I am not sure, but I am presuming that if West Ham (or any team) have gaps in their 25 man PL register then they could add unattached players to fill the gaps. I'm not sure how this would work with European competitions as I am sure players also have to be registered for those squads. I suppose the proof is that Wet Sham are looking to sign him, why bother if they couldn't play him in the majority of their matches?

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 10 Sep 2013 13:46

A free agent can be signed by any team at any time. However, whether or not he can be registered for competition is the bit i am not sure about.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 10 Sep 2013 13:57

Signed for West Ham until end of season according to SSN

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 10 Sep 2013 14:22

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Sep 2013 14:42

Sack the board

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Sep 2013 16:05

so yet again a player who we were in for signs for someone else
i mean, what more do west ham have to offer than we do?

hammond out

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 10 Sep 2013 16:08

Premier league football?

The fact he will be the main striker until Christmas because of Andy Carrolls injury.

Its in London (Where he is most probably living having played for Fulham)

Its really not that hard to see why a player in this scenario would choose West Ham over Reading.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 10 Sep 2013 16:15

I'm completely stunned as to why none of those reasons occurred to Melonhead.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 10 Sep 2013 16:15

Yeah, melonhead, you mong!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Sep 2013 16:33

moonwalklikebas Premier league football?

The fact he will be the main striker until Christmas because of Andy Carrolls injury.

Its in London (Where he is most probably living having played for Fulham)

Its really not that hard to see why a player in this scenario would choose West Ham over Reading.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tbf, my post was such clever and accurate satire it was very hard to spot

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 10 Sep 2013 16:54

YOU MOTHER oxf*rd BUBBLE BLOWING BASTARDS

Decent signing for them

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 10 Sep 2013 17:00

remind me of how good he was for fulham in his pomp?

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 10 Sep 2013 17:11

melonhead remind me of how good he was for fulham in his pomp?

He scored 2 goals EVERY GAME.

for a period of one game

jellytot

by jellytot » 10 Sep 2013 18:00

That's all folks! And we move onto the next loan target. soon be January!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 10 Sep 2013 18:14

So our attractive offer has been turned down....................yet again, there must be someone out there that Hammond can attract, roll on the FA Cup 3rd round if we are lucky enough that is to draw a lower league or non-league side then you will see Hammond strike ?

Strange how we can't attract a new forward, maybe Manset will be availabl by then ?? We are getting a bit like a poor mans Arsenal so much talk with minimal substance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Sep 2013 18:34

howser So our attractive offer has been turned down....................yet again, there must be someone out there that Hammond can attract, roll on the FA Cup 3rd round if we are lucky enough that is to draw a lower league or non-league side then you will see Hammond strike ?

Strange how we can't attract a new forward, maybe Manset will be availabl by then ?? We are getting a bit like a poor mans Arsenal so much talk with minimal substance.

Yeah, it's truely shocking how a sensible Championship club can't attract strikers who are wanted by Premier League clubs.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Sep 2013 18:55

Funny when we were in the premiership we still weren't able to attract new players then.

Just saying