Announcements Today

223 posts
rfc58

Re: Announcements Today

by rfc58 » 03 Sep 2013 10:36

Only one Trevor Morley
TBM
Only one Trevor Morley The only player hat will be named today is Sissoko - the full list of transfers has been published so there wont be any extra pre deadline announcements

Unless they are loan deals or free agents

Yes but as I understand it there wont now be any announcements on loans until the loan window opens again shortly - otherwise why hurry to get loans tied up prior to 11pm yesterday. Obviously free agents can join wheenever but the lack of any reference to a free agent other than Sissoko suiggests it will only be Sissoko (if at all)

Why worry to get loan deals tied up ? pretty bleeding obvious, we are not the only club on the hunt.

Loans and permanent deals are the same thing, everybody wants to add, and in fact the loan market might be a harder market to deal in, simply because lots of clubs who can't afford permanent deals look to bolster in the loan market.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 03 Sep 2013 10:38

Cypry
Only one Trevor Morley The only player hat will be named today is Sissoko - the full list of transfers has been published so there wont be any extra pre deadline announcements

I would have thought that Sissoko is still being negotitated hence the lack of any announcement still. if he doesnt sign it will be a deadline day disaster. However we only have to look at Drenthe where it took two days after it was common knowledge for an announcement to be made. So clearly there are reasons for keeping quiet currently.

I think timing is always an issue with these things. It we had signed Drenthe, Sissoko and Bridge on deadline day tyhis place would have been in meltdown. But equally reading should have kept their mouths shut about further signings...... I would have thought past experience would have taught them that when it comes to deadline day they dont really operate in a way when they can be totally confident in getting transfers over the line.....

Got a link?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/transfers/

Cypry

by Cypry » 03 Sep 2013 10:40

Only one Trevor Morley
Cypry

I would have thought that Sissoko is still being negotitated hence the lack of any announcement still. if he doesnt sign it will be a deadline day disaster. However we only have to look at Drenthe where it took two days after it was common knowledge for an announcement to be made. So clearly there are reasons for keeping quiet currently.

I think timing is always an issue with these things. It we had signed Drenthe, Sissoko and Bridge on deadline day tyhis place would have been in meltdown. But equally reading should have kept their mouths shut about further signings...... I would have thought past experience would have taught them that when it comes to deadline day they dont really operate in a way when they can be totally confident in getting transfers over the line.....

Got a link?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/transfers/

Not sure that that's an official "final" list - just the ones that the BBC are aware of...

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 03 Sep 2013 10:41

No need for toys out of the pram just yet but we really do need another striker. I still think we should have kept hold of Noel Hunt tbh, he often brought the best out of the others around him.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Sep 2013 10:42

Get Carlton Cole in. Exactly what we need.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 03 Sep 2013 10:43

rfc58
Only one Trevor Morley Why worry to get loan deals tied up ? pretty bleeding obvious, we are not the only club on the hunt.

Loans and permanent deals are the same thing, everybody wants to add, and in fact the loan market might be a harder market to deal in, simply because lots of clubs who can't afford permanent deals look to bolster in the loan market.

All I am saying is that for those thinking we will announce an additional loan signing today based on transfer activity yesterday are likely to be disappointed as all loans have been published. Obviously the loan window will open up again shortly - but as I understand it you cant arrange a loan today. this doesnt apply to free agents.

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 03 Sep 2013 10:44

Cypry
Dixeyroyal
semtex1871 I don't understand what the rush to get into the Premier League is all about....

...it is by far the dirtiest league in the world with most games being won & lost based on very dodgy decisions made by the referees....teams like Reading will never be able to compete in that league unless we are transformed into a major player like what happened at Man City....unfortunately that took about £1 billion....

...face it, we will always be little old Reading FC.....

You seem to have completely missed the point, the only people that have EVER stated their intent to return to the Premier league asap was Anton, SJM and the Manager.

What really grips my shit is the constant lies from the club, not the fact that we are in a rush to get back to the PL.

For what it's worth i actually agree with you about the PL, however, my expectation levels were raised pre season when the club said that they would spend money and bring in the players to get us promoted, again a load of bullshit to sell season tickets.

And therein lies the problem - show me a direct quote where anyone from the club has said we'd spend money....go on - try it....

You won't find one; do you know why? Because nobody from the club has ever said we'd spend money - it's a figment of a section of the fans imagination, rich Russian owner = spending loads of cash. What the club as actually said all along is that the club would continue to be run in a prudent fashion, and guess what - they've been absolutely true to their word.

If you can criticise anyone within the club, then you could say that Anton doesn't really understand what simpletons some of our fans are, and has been a bit naive in talking about our ambitions in signing players before the deals are actually done.....

Nonetheless, the fact that we've not had a "business complete" release from the club yet (which is normally issued on deadline day), I'm reasonably confident that we might still see a signing or two announced in the next few hours....

June 17th 2013 - quote from AZ
"Nigel and I have engaged well from the beginning and i will continue to back him financially and ensure that he has all the players necessary for a successful promotion push from the championship start"

I may be missing something here but what else can "back him financially" mean, that he is going to pay for his petrol?

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 03 Sep 2013 10:47

kwik-silva Get Carlton Cole in. Exactly what we need.

In talks to return to Wet Sham, tail firmly between his legs.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Sep 2013 10:52

Only one Trevor Morley All I am saying is that for those thinking we will announce an additional loan signing today based on transfer activity yesterday are likely to be disappointed as all loans have been published. Obviously the loan window will open up again shortly - but as I understand it you cant arrange a loan today. this doesnt apply to free agents.

We can sign a contract with both the club and the player for a loan, he just can't play for us until after the emergency loan window opens, which I think is the 8th.

As our next game is on the 15th, and there's a fair chance any prospective loanee will be on an international trip at the moment, there probably isn't that big a rush to seal things.

Surely the reason a lot of loans get done last night is that they're part of the domino effect that make permanent deals go through and so clubs get them tied up to make other deals happen.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 03 Sep 2013 10:54

Something is going on. Not a word from RFC all morning. They'd have come out with the Gylfi "we tried really hard but...." hard luck stories by now.

Guess that Sissoko on a free and a striker are in there, but the striker wasn't done in time so they are hastily converting to a loan with an option in Jan/summer?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 03 Sep 2013 11:00

Reading FC has quite a good history of signing players on loan who lift the side. Maybe we shall see something there.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Sep 2013 11:33

The Prisoner Something is going on. Not a word from RFC all morning. They'd have come out with the Gylfi "we tried really hard but...." hard luck stories by now.

Guess that Sissoko on a free and a striker are in there, but the striker wasn't done in time so they are hastily converting to a loan with an option in Jan/summer?

LOL - you're definitely in the optimistic camp still.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 03 Sep 2013 11:39

The Prisoner Something is going on. Not a word from RFC all morning. They'd have come out with the Gylfi "we tried really hard but...." hard luck stories by now.

Perhaps they are acutely aware of how ridiculous they would sound after January.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 03 Sep 2013 11:41

Hoop Blah
Only one Trevor Morley All I am saying is that for those thinking we will announce an additional loan signing today based on transfer activity yesterday are likely to be disappointed as all loans have been published. Obviously the loan window will open up again shortly - but as I understand it you cant arrange a loan today. this doesnt apply to free agents.

We can sign a contract with both the club and the player for a loan, he just can't play for us until after the emergency loan window opens, which I think is the 8th.

As our next game is on the 15th, and there's a fair chance any prospective loanee will be on an international trip at the moment, there probably isn't that big a rush to seal things.

Surely the reason a lot of loans get done last night is that they're part of the domino effect that make permanent deals go through and so clubs get them tied up to make other deals happen.

A good example yesterday was Wigan securing Nick Powell on a season long loan from Man Utd. He's likely to be a much sought after loanee and they moved pretty sharpish to get him before the stampede of other Championship clubs came in for him.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Sep 2013 11:46

Royalwaster

LOL - you're definitely in the optimistic camp still.

or the clutching at straws camp with me :lol:

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 03 Sep 2013 11:56

Clearly something is going on from the official Twitter silence. However given the horrendous abuse they received perhaps that is just the Twitter spokesman having resigned!

More likely is that we did one of these dodgy late deals, as long as the intention and agreement are communicatd to the football league by 11pm the deal can still go through.

People seem to be judging us by the flurry of premierleague activity - well they have the resources to confirm fellaini at 11-05pm. The football league probably have a mountain of paperwork, few staff ans a suspicion of foreign owned clubs. Reading clearly can't say anything until official ratification, otherwise they would have admitted failure already and put out a brave face statement mentioning Drenthe, B ridge and Williams and the loan market.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2013 12:00

Have to say that regardless of any lack of transfer movement on RFC's part the fans have shown their true colours over the last 24 hours. Embarrassing to be a part of.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 03 Sep 2013 12:02

winchester_royal Have to say that regardless of any lack of transfer movement on RFC's part the fans have shown their true colours over the last 24 hours. Embarrassing to be a part of.

+1

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Sep 2013 12:03

Oh I don't know, a minority of every club's fans get carried away every TDD, we're no different.

When's the presser btw?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Sep 2013 12:03

Gav
winchester_royal Have to say that regardless of any lack of transfer movement on RFC's part the fans have shown their true colours over the last 24 hours. Embarrassing to be a part of.

+1

+2. Been following 'ReadingFC' search on twitter and some of it is completely bonkers. Spent 24 hours attempting to talk some sense into some of them. That said, a lot of them are only 'being sarcastic' :|

223 posts