Rumour: Signing Nobody

141 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour: Signing Nobody

by Royalwaster » 02 Sep 2014 09:54

Tamworth_Royal Same as every season we sell players massive surplus then it's over to the pathetic Nicky Hammond and Madejski's wallet and what do we get....... Nothing but a few quid spent and nowt as always on deadline day at a time of a bear thread squad.
Useless AGAIN Hammond

Totally agree - should have spent all the millions in the bank and ignored the fact that we're in the Champ and not the Prem; the only thing that puzzles me about your post: what's a bear thread? A polar bear?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 02 Sep 2014 09:54

Tamworth_Royal Same as every season we sell players massive surplus then it's over to the pathetic Nicky Hammond and Madejski's wallet and what do we get....... Nothing but a few quid spent and nowt as always on deadline day at a time of a bear thread squad.
Useless AGAIN Hammond

Totally agree - should have spent all the millions in the bank and ignored the fact that we're in the Champ and not the Prem; the only thing that puzzles me about your post: what's a bear thread? A polar bear?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Sep 2014 09:56

Royalwaster
Useless AGAIN Hammond

Don't be daft, it's the special cotton bears use to darn their socks.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Sep 2014 23:07

MmmMonsterMunch
MmmMonsterMunch I look forward to the inevitable "We tried to pull some deals off but for whatever reason they didn't happen (They wouldn't accept a bag of Haribo Star Mix as payment) so we'll go with what we have".

I'm feeling quite depressed about Reading this week - I'm sure I'll snap out of it after another 4-0 mauling this afternoon :wink:

bump

Bumping to highlight your own poor prediction?
That's very open of you

Y25Beryl

by Y25Beryl » 05 Sep 2014 22:23

The " pathetic Nicky Hammond" has negotiated some cracking prices for our players over the years.
Eg Sonko, Kitson, Doyle, Long recently Morrison to name a few that spring to mind

He never seems to get any credit for his negotiating skills.
Beryl Y25

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 06 Sep 2014 16:49

Y25Beryl The " pathetic Nicky Hammond" has negotiated some cracking prices for our players over the years.
Eg Sonko, Kitson, Doyle, Long recently Morrison to name a few that spring to mind

Beryl Y25

Matt Mills.... Probably the greatest of all...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Sep 2014 18:02

Andy. Hughes.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Sep 2014 18:50

Y25Beryl The " pathetic Nicky Hammond" has negotiated some cracking prices for our players over the years.

Beryl Y25

Those of us with a brain (there are actually quite a few on here) give him loads of credit.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Sep 2014 19:29

Beryl Y25

Gets plenty of credit for his selling ability, it's his recruitment ability that is questioned.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2014 19:45

sandman

Beryl Y25

Gets plenty of credit for his selling ability, it's his recruitment ability that is questioned.

Generally by people who are a bit clueless seeing as it's not him that picks signings, just him that negotiates any transfer fee and then the contract details after they've been scouted, liked and targeted.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Sep 2014 18:59

Negotiating salaries and fees is fairly fundamental to the buying process.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Sep 2014 21:32

leon Negotiating salaries and fees is fairly fundamental to the buying process.

Indeed, but it's not what people complain about if they're complaining about our signings.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Sep 2014 22:15

sandman

Beryl Y25

but he recruits the people he then sells, so...

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Sep 2014 22:18

And if people want to buy them for lots of money that's a reflection on the quality if player he's brought in
Shirley

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Sep 2014 23:19

Ian Royal
leon Negotiating salaries and fees is fairly fundamental to the buying process.

Indeed, but it's not what people complain about if they're complaining about our signings.

Think it's the lack of signings/inability to get players 'over the line' that people are complaining about.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 08 Sep 2014 08:30

Very true, Peps, but every club has problems getting deals over the line. We're not unique in that (or that kind of 'spin') tbh. Given what Hammond has had to work with in terms of available funds, I think he's done a very good job. Some may wish to avoid the financial reality and still think we should be spending 2, 3 or 4m a pop, but it's not where we are at.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 08 Sep 2014 12:54

Loan window open now. I wonder if we will make any moves for anyone this week..

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 08 Sep 2014 14:20

Agent Balti Very true, Peps, but every club has problems getting deals over the line. We're not unique in that (or that kind of 'spin') tbh. Given what Hammond has had to work with in terms of available funds, I think he's done a very good job. Some may wish to avoid the financial reality and still think we should be spending 2, 3 or 4m a pop, but it's not where we are at.

I wouldn't disgaree with that as such but I can't be the only one a bit miffed that he claims to be happy with what we've done despite losing out at the last minute on 2 affordable targets. I'm not blaming Hammond as such for them being tempted elsewhere but it's hardly a good window if you fail to capture 2 specific targets you were dead set on getting.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 08 Sep 2014 14:43

Vision
Agent Balti Very true, Peps, but every club has problems getting deals over the line. We're not unique in that (or that kind of 'spin') tbh. Given what Hammond has had to work with in terms of available funds, I think he's done a very good job. Some may wish to avoid the financial reality and still think we should be spending 2, 3 or 4m a pop, but it's not where we are at.

I wouldn't disgaree with that as such but I can't be the only one a bit miffed that he claims to be happy with what we've done despite losing out at the last minute on 2 affordable targets. I'm not blaming Hammond as such for them being tempted elsewhere but it's hardly a good window if you fail to capture 2 specific targets you were dead set on getting.

That would depend on whether the comment about it being a good window was based on the context of having bought no one in the last window, and looking likely to be buying no one in this window until the last few weeks. I certainly wouldn't have believed Reading were likely to get 5 players in before close of play at the start of last month, so in those terms this was a good window, however, the players have joined the club. I'm not sure whether Murray was on the list of targets, or only went on after this French guy went to Turkey, but he has a proven track record prior to the injury, and seems to have been playing well since it.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Sep 2014 16:48

Vision

but that happens all the time, to every club in every window.
apart from giving them money we couldnt afford i fail to see how the club or hammond could have sorted that out in our favour

141 posts