Transfers Will Go Through Next Week

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Transfers Will Go Through Next Week

by winchester_royal » 13 Aug 2008 18:18

JimmytheJim
I don't like rolling my eyes. But that's a silly reply. Bikey is better as a centre-back than in the midfield, but fair enough, I'll grant that since he can play there he counts as midfield cover. Henry, however, is not better than Kebe, or at least not by enough to justify a regular first team place. If Kebe comes good, then fine, but I'm not holding my breath. If Henry proves to be a success this season, I'll eat a cloakroomful of hats.

LOL @ Reading fans writing players off before they have even been given a chance.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 13 Aug 2008 18:26

winchester_royal
JimmytheJim
I don't like rolling my eyes. But that's a silly reply. Bikey is better as a centre-back than in the midfield, but fair enough, I'll grant that since he can play there he counts as midfield cover. Henry, however, is not better than Kebe, or at least not by enough to justify a regular first team place. If Kebe comes good, then fine, but I'm not holding my breath. If Henry proves to be a success this season, I'll eat a cloakroomful of hats.

LOL @ Reading fans writing players off before they have even been given a chance.

'greed

Kebe wasn't Reading's worst player at the weekend and he seems to be getting the most stick from the fans. Also Kebe is actually left footed so why don't we try him on the left and give Henry a chance in the league on the right?

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 13 Aug 2008 18:54

Because a midfield of:

Kebe – Harper – Cisse – Henry

would be laughable in League 1.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Aug 2008 18:54

Whore Jackie Because a midfield of:

Kebe – Harper – Cisse – Henry

would be laughable in League 1.

Don't be oxf*rd stupid.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Aug 2008 19:06

Why not play Kebe on the left?

Because we have two players capable of playing there, so why replace them with one who has shown no evidence of any end product what-so-ever and who's only talent appears to be spectacularly not creating anything on occasion.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 13 Aug 2008 19:09

Why don't we try out Kebe as LB? :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Aug 2008 20:02

Royalwaster Why don't we try out Kebe as LB? :D

:shock:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 13 Aug 2008 20:04

Ian Royal

Why not? He played left wing loads in France and we are currently playing a left winger at left back.

:| :|

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 13 Aug 2008 20:08

Why don't we put Doyle right back? :shock:

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 13 Aug 2008 21:07

The whole year inn
Ian Royal

Why not? He played left wing loads in France and we are currently playing a left winger at left back.

:| :|

rg6royal Why don't we put Doyle right back? :shock:

I never get why we always play players out of position.. Even Doyle plays out of position sometimes

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 13 Aug 2008 23:09

Shocking as it may seem but why dont we actually use a DEFENDER at left back, even if it means putting Pearce there at least he'll have the defensive brain that Hunt lacks.....anyway what do i know.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 14 Aug 2008 08:17

rg6royal
winchester_royal
JimmytheJim

'greed

Kebe wasn't Reading's worst player at the weekend and he seems to be getting the most stick from the fans. Also Kebe is actually left footed so why don't we try him on the left and give Henry a chance in the league on the right?

Is Kebe actually left footed or is it the case as with Seol that he was a right footed player who preferred to play on the left. Or is it the other way around? I'm confused now. Bloody wingers can't trust them.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Aug 2008 08:26

Vision
rg6royal 'greed

Is Kebe actually left footed or is it the case as with Seol that he was a right footed player who preferred to play on the left. Or is it the other way around? I'm confused now. Bloody wingers can't trust them.

I'm with you on this one.

I'm pretty sure his stronger foot is his right but it just so happens that he played on the left more at his previous club.

That might just've been because they were blessed with a decent right winger but nobody better than Jimmy on the left, or it might be that he just makes better use of his talents when he's on the left. I doubt we'll ever find that one out.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Aug 2008 10:14

so hes a two footed, tall, pacy winger, who can dribble a bit just needs confidence and some loving from the fans to be a star!
and all we can do is get on his back
tsk!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Aug 2008 10:19

Whether Kebe is better on the left wing, right wing or left back, surely the time to have seen what he was like were during the pre-season games?

Thats the time for experimentation of players and formations; trying to do it on the hoof, during competitive games, is dodgy when its halfway through a season - to do it 2 games in would be simply utter madness!

Unless a decent left back is drafted in before the end of the month, Hunt will be our left back until at least January.

Incidentally, I agree with TBM - far better to have a defender playing as a defender rather than a left winger playing as a defender.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Aug 2008 10:22

brendywendy so hes a two footed, tall, pacy winger, who can dribble a bit just needs confidence and some loving from the fans to be a star!
and all we can do is get on his back
tsk!

Not sure about two footed, it appears that he's played on both sides of the pitch though.

Not sure he can dribble either, all I've seen him do is run reasonably quickly whilst looking like he's going to fall over, probably because he's tripped over the ball which never seems to be close to being in control

Even if your description was spot on it doesn't mean he has those abilities in sufficient quantities to be a threat at this level. I think he's punching well above his weight even now we've dropped down a division.

I hope he proves me to be very wrong though

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Aug 2008 14:24

brendywendy so hes a two footed, tall, pacy winger

Just a shame they're both left ones.

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 14 Aug 2008 14:44

winchester_royal
JimmytheJim

I don't see how I've written him off. I don't think he has proved himself to be a good enough option to start on our right wing, and I do think that if we are serious about challenging for promotion we would be bringing in another right winger to challenge him for the spot, because Henry is not good enough yet, no matter how much the fans may want him to be. Like I said, if Kebe proves himself to be a star, then fair enough. But that feels like something of a big risk, and since we do have money to spend, we ought to be spending it in problem areas like the right wing appears to be. I'm a fan of the club, and I'll support Kebe when he plays, I don't see the point in knocking him, but I equally don't see why his only challenger for that position is a youngster who couldn't get a game at norwich last year, when he himself has not proved to be a quality first-choice option thus far. Don't rush into the same tired old rhetoric. I'm not bashing the team. I'm just fairly sure there's a problem that is currently going undiagnosed by the club.