RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

1138 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: RUMOUR - Thomas Ince

by winchester_royal » 30 Jan 2013 22:47

Royal Ginger Don't need him, spend the money on giant statues of Adam Le Fondre.

Tonight showed we absolutely need a winger capable of producing something out of nothing on a semi-consistent basis.

The statues can wait till he breaks Messi's record.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Jan 2013 22:48

this one is all but dead

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Jan 2013 22:48

winchester_royal
Royal Ginger Don't need him, spend the money on giant statues of Adam Le Fondre.

Tonight showed we absolutely need a winger capable of producing something out of nothing on a semi-consistent basis.

Fully agree, was just having 'a moment'.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 30 Jan 2013 22:49

ManchesterRoyals Still like to see him sign

Hopefully after tonight's result he might be more interested in signing

From what BM said...it's sounds like its more Blackpool not wanting to sell

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 30 Jan 2013 22:51

Ince has just been a smokescreen for getting Gylfi.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 30 Jan 2013 22:51

DOYLERSAROYALER

Which seems odd when Paul Ince (his agent and father) was here for talks today.. More like we wont pay the wages or meet their demands.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 30 Jan 2013 22:52

Royal Ginger
winchester_royal

Yep McAnuff was woeful

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 30 Jan 2013 22:53

SPARTA
DOYLERSAROYALER

Which seems odd when Paul Ince (his agent and father) was here for talks today.. More like we wont pay the wages or meet their demands.

Think you could be right there mate

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Jan 2013 22:53

Royal Ginger
winchester_royal

Oh, well in that case...'lol'.

Niko

by Niko » 30 Jan 2013 22:59

Reading4eva
MartinRdg Freelance journalist‏@indykaila

Liverpool Football Club are still hopeful for deal with Blackpool regarding Thomas Ince. The clubs are set to meet tomorrow morning #LFC

:x In other words, we have somehow fcuked it up

They want £8m, we only want to pay £6.5m. Unless we can meet somewhere in the middle, we aren't getting him. Thinking this will be unlikely unless Blackpool come down at the last minute. The way McD is talking, the ball is in their court.

jellytot

by jellytot » 30 Jan 2013 23:13

We need more going forward. If this deal is dead let's get another.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 30 Jan 2013 23:13

They want £8m, we only want to pay £6.5m. Unless we can meet somewhere in the middle, we aren't getting him. Thinking this will be unlikely unless Blackpool come down at the last minute. The way McD is talking, the ball is in their court.

Dear Lord, why can't we just pay the £8M, it's just like Zaha all over again! FFS! We need this guy, I thought the sneaky russki was supposed to be loaded!!![/quote]
ive seen some articles that quote us at offering their asking price of 8m. apparently he has had a medical and we have talked to his agent (paul ince) today. who knows how this one will end. tomorrow is going to be an annoying day i reckon.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 30 Jan 2013 23:25

Everyone's playing hard ball at the moment. It's a big risk for Blackpool if they don't sell him tomorrow, as who knows what they'll get from a tribunal in the summer.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 30 Jan 2013 23:29

USA_Loyal_Royal

Dear Lord, why can't we just pay the £8M, it's just like Zaha all over again! FFS! We need this guy, I thought the sneaky russki was supposed to be loaded!!!

ive seen some articles that quote us at offering their asking price of 8m. apparently he has had a medical and we have talked to his agent (paul ince) today. who knows how this one will end. tomorrow is going to be an annoying day i reckon.

Yep, think we have offered the valuation, reckon it's just Blackpool waiting to see if anyone comes in with a better offer, this will go down to the final hours

Speculation but its possible that Brian's comment could be posturing so we don't look too desperate

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 30 Jan 2013 23:37

We're allowed to sleep right?

No midnight transfer updates? Ince signing at 3 am?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 Jan 2013 23:43

royaldownunder
USA_Loyal_Royal

Dear Lord, why can't we just pay the £8M, it's just like Zaha all over again! FFS! We need this guy, I thought the sneaky russki was supposed to be loaded!!!

Yep, think we have offered the valuation, reckon it's just Blackpool waiting to see if anyone comes in with a better offer, this will go down to the final hours

Speculation but its possible that Brian's comment could be posturing so we don't look too desperate

I have a sneaky feeling Blackpool want a sell on clause included. NH won't be having any of that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Jan 2013 23:47

Reading manager Brian McDermott "We might have one more possible deal tomorrow but it won't be Thomas Ince." Via BBC. #LFC #ReadingFC

Clever man.

Put a bid in, then go and effectively tell the press "actually we have someone else coming in tomorrow anyway".

So Blackpool think "oh I hope they're not going to change their mind"

The opposite thing would, conversely, be very dumb.

Put in a bid then say " oh I really hope he comes we are counting on it". Might as well say "Blackpool we are desparate. If you decline we will increase the bid."

Go Brian!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Jan 2013 23:51

2 world wars, 1 world cup
leicsRoyal
Common misconception.

These days medicals are actually done first, even before an enquiry to make sure the player is worth enquiring about.

Not sure if serious. :shock:

Of course it's serious. Would you bother enquiring about a player with a dodgy hamstring?

leicsRoyal
"Excuse me Mr Blackpool, do you mind us sending a doc up to give Ince a medical"
"Why"
"None of your business, we'll let you know if we are interested in him"

No. Docs aren't sent up. Players have to come down to the club.

leicsRoyal
No. Docs aren't sent up. Players have to come down to the club.

So the player comes to us and has a full medical and then we enquire to the players club about them? Are you sure that's how it works?

Yup. They have to pay the doctors' fees too as they're not getting a free medical out of it.

I'm not a fisherman, but sometimes it can't be resisted.

Sorry for being a pcunt leicsRoyal, you're a good lad. I was just being a t*sspot.
Last edited by Millsy on 30 Jan 2013 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 30 Jan 2013 23:53

Reading manager Brian McDermott "We might have one more possible deal tomorrow but it won't be Thomas Ince." Via BBC. #LFC #ReadingFC

Clever man.

Put a bid in, then go and effectively tell the press "actually we have someone else coming in tomorrow anyway".

Put in a bid then say " oh I really hope he comes we are counting on it". Might as well say "Blackpool we are desparate. If you decline we will increase the bid."

Go Brian!

I prefer denial in the face of reality! Brian's got his most badass pokerface on… Most of our best activity is in the dying minutes these days ;)

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 30 Jan 2013 23:54

royaldownunder

Clever man.

Go Brian!

I prefer denial in the face of reality! Brian's got his most badass pokerface on… Most of our best activity is in the dying minutes these days ;)

:D :D :D :D +1 to each quote.

1138 posts