New Ownership

Double T

For sale?

by Double T » 26 Apr 2011 19:09

Sorry if I'm a bit behind, but has SJM put the club up for sale? because in the Daily Mail it said just that

Elmer Park

Re: For sale?

by Elmer Park » 26 Apr 2011 19:23

Haven't seen the article but as far as I know the situation is unchanged in as much as SJM has been saying for some time that he would sell to the right buyer if they make the right offer, The Mail are probably interpreting that as the Club being for sale and I suppose it is to an extent.

In reality in my view even if he did get a fair offer from a reliable person SJM would find it desperately hard to accept it and therefore give up something that has contributed and continues to contribute to his own personal high profile. That is his prerogative of course.

The only way he would sell is if he got an offer which would enable him to make a large personal profit and probably with a guarantee the Stadium name would not be changed. Even then I like to think he would prefer the new Owner to be a trusted one and one known to SJM personally. Since such an offer would be far above the present value of the Club I imagine SJM will be the Chairman for some considerable time yet and even promotion to the Premier League would only slightly increase the chances of him selling.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Apr 2011 20:40

I think our chairman will be touting the club on Friday at the Royal Wedding-plenty of rich people there who he may have sold a car to in the past.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 27 Apr 2011 15:52

Victor Meldrew I think our chairman will be touting the club on Friday at the Royal Wedding-plenty of rich people there who he may have sold a car to in the past.

"1 careful owner, good little runner, well-attended parking space..."

SOLD

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Apr 2011 08:44

Elmer Park Haven't seen the article but as far as I know the situation is unchanged in as much as SJM has been saying for some time that he would sell to the right buyer if they make the right offer, The Mail are probably interpreting that as the Club being for sale and I suppose it is to an extent.

In reality in my view even if he did get a fair offer from a reliable person SJM would find it desperately hard to accept it and therefore give up something that has contributed and continues to contribute to his own personal high profile. That is his prerogative of course.

The only way he would sell is if he got an offer which would enable him to make a large personal profit and probably with a guarantee the Stadium name would not be changed. Even then I like to think he would prefer the new Owner to be a trusted one and one known to SJM personally. Since such an offer would be far above the present value of the Club I imagine SJM will be the Chairman for some considerable time yet and even promotion to the Premier League would only slightly increase the chances of him selling.

I think promotion would make a big difference and see someone coming in for us.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 28 Apr 2011 09:28

Royalwaster
Elmer Park Haven't seen the article but as far as I know the situation is unchanged in as much as SJM has been saying for some time that he would sell to the right buyer if they make the right offer, The Mail are probably interpreting that as the Club being for sale and I suppose it is to an extent.

I think promotion would make a big difference and see someone coming in for us.

Agree with that. Promotion would increase the chances of someone coming in especially as we would have secured parachute payments for a few years but still think it would only slightly increase the chances of SJM actually selling as I think SJM would hike up his asking price even more unrealistically. Depends maybe on how he views his business commitments now he is seventy. If he could do a deal where he could bail out of some of his failing Companies and still retain a prominent figurehead position at the Club and the name on the Stadium he might start thinking more strongly about selling.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 04 May 2011 11:14

Victor Meldrew I think our chairman will be touting the club on Friday at the Royal Wedding-plenty of rich people there who he may have sold a car to in the past.

Go on Wills and Kate....

She was born in Reading.
She grew up in Berkshire.
He is a Royal.
They have a place in Windsor.
They have loads of money.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 04 May 2011 14:37

Z175

Go on Wills and Kate....

She was born in Reading.
She grew up in Berkshire.
He is a Royal.
They have a place in Windsor.
They have loads of money.

...but he's an Aston Villa supporter and they live in Anglesey.

No harm in trying though I suppose. :wink:

Mr ReadingFC

New Ownership

by Mr ReadingFC » 11 May 2011 17:21

Just heard a rumour that
Reading FC are in advanced talks with David Mabey regarding the sale of the club

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

Re: David Mabey

by Kitson12 » 11 May 2011 17:22

Mabey we'll have a new owner before the season's out!

Mr ReadingFC

New Ownership 2

by Mr ReadingFC » 11 May 2011 17:24

Sir John Madejski has found a buyer for the club and it is none other than Dietrich Mateschitz of Red Bull. They are interested in rebranding the club to Red Bull Reading and forming partnership with other Red Bull football club franchises. To ring in their ownership they look to bring in Swiss footballing stars Alexander Frei and Valentin Stocker. Understandably if Reading fail to make a return to the Premier League via playoffs the deal will be off

KEBEISTHEGREATEST

Re: New Ownership

by KEBEISTHEGREATEST » 11 May 2011 18:05

Who told you this?? You have said two names David Mabey and Dietrich Mateschitz make up your mind

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 May 2011 18:08

Kes saw David Mabey's name on the Times Rich List - a section of which was posted under the SJM thread on the team board. Not sure about the other bloke, but he's probably on there too. :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: New Ownership 2

by Royal Lady » 11 May 2011 18:09

Kes - enough now. :roll:

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 11 May 2011 18:25

Total Bull more like....

Sloth

by Sloth » 11 May 2011 20:29

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... ribes.html

David Mabey is in jail and Mr Reading FC is a c0ck.. :roll:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 11 May 2011 23:49

At least he is creative. Nice read.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 May 2011 10:36

Why do I have a feeling that this was raised just so someone could get a pun in about it Mabey or Mabey not happening?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 12 May 2011 12:56

Mr ReadingFC Just heard a rumour that
Reading FC are in advanced talks with David Mabey regarding the sale of the club

Usually, even if unfounded, this would at the very least give mea little excited feeling, even just for .1 of a second, but as it's you spamming yet more crap on here I wont bother.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 12 May 2011 13:41

Maybey I don't really wanna know, how your garden grows, cus I just wanna fly.